Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Wales will play the Czech Republic next week with a slight advantage as Kudela, who started in their 6-2 win against Estonia, is not travelling to the UK because he’s a scaredy racist oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Total Meatlove posted:

They’ve had the ghost of Scott Arfields knees and not much else for a while I think

Atiba Hutchison, Dwayne De Rosario.

That was it.

Now we have 3 guys who can score in Davies, David and Cavallini (lmao no just 2)

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Total Meatlove posted:

Wales will play the Czech Republic next week with a slight advantage as Kudela, who started in their 6-2 win against Estonia, is not travelling to the UK because he’s a scaredy racist oval office.

This is a decent lol, fair play.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

It’s weird being able to hear the players singing, something they were clearly not selected for.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Football is bad

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Mexico have named their strongest side (afaik) for Chris Gunter's pathetic little 100 cap testimonial friendly. Could be funny.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I have jinxed Malta by tuning in to see how they were beating the mighty Slovakians

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ireland just lost to.... Luxemburg?!?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Mexico are really poo poo to lose to our second string players in positions drawn from a hat.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Italy's U-21 team has now finished both games they've played in this tournament with 9 men. At this rate they'll barely be able to field a team for the last game in the group stage.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

oliwan posted:

Ireland just lost to.... Luxemburg?!?

Next Football weekly should be fun

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Ronaldo got robbed.

https://streamable.com/x1pnuq

The ball was clearly over the line.

And he stormed off. I’d be pissed too.

https://streamable.com/tmp7xm

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Muntari did it better.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Eric Cantonese posted:

Ronaldo got robbed.

why was there no var? because it wasn't initially given?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

ilmucche posted:

why was there no var? because it wasn't initially given?

It's not set up in that stadium

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was a shocking , appaling robbery against Portugal.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
LOL @ Ireland

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Eric Cantonese posted:

Ronaldo got robbed.

Lol. Love to see a Ron Ron meltdown

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Good God the anthems without the crowd are excruciating

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

How the gently caress did Andorra and San Marino end up in the same group

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Gigi Galli posted:

How the gently caress did Andorra and San Marino end up in the same group

The FA paid Fifa a lot of money

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do people in america know what northern ireland is

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Looks like good ol' Covid has hit the Cayman Islands squad so won't get to see the Lucas Cavallini Experience today.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
How on earth did the USMNT fail to qualify for the Olympics a third time in a row? Goddamn.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol grats honduras

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

surf rock posted:

How on earth did the USMNT fail to qualify for the Olympics a third time in a row? Goddamn.

Hang down your head, Tom Dooley.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

surf rock posted:

Nobody cares about olympic soccer besides Mexico because they cant win anything otherwise and clubs aren't mandated to release players for it because FIFA doesn't want anyone upstaging the world cup so all our best players aren't there its mostly MLS garbagemen

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Also olympic football is under-23 players (under-24 for 2021) + 3 random overage players. It's stupid and shouldn't exist.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

African AIDS cum posted:

Nobody cares about olympic soccer besides Mexico because they cant win anything otherwise and clubs aren't mandated to release players for it because FIFA doesn't want anyone upstaging the world cup so all our best players aren't there its mostly MLS garbagemen

On one hand that makes sense, but on the other hand, shouldn't the U.S. want to seize one of the only two opportunities (the other being the World Cup) where a mass domestic audience cares about their sport in order to spur greater interest in it? It's done wonders for the USWNT. If other countries don't take it seriously, then we'd have better odds of medaling and making Americans think we're better than we are (which is our favorite thing!).

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
My two ideas to improve Olympic football have been either over 45s only or cool runnings style where you have to prove you've never even looked at a football prior to the tournament, possibly with some sort of offside rule quiz

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

the u.s. best under 23 players were literally playing a friendly against northern ireland on the same day yesterday. qualifying for the olympics just isn't a real priority, for better or worse.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

surf rock posted:

On one hand that makes sense, but on the other hand, shouldn't the U.S. want to seize one of the only two opportunities (the other being the World Cup) where a mass domestic audience cares about their sport in order to spur greater interest in it? It's done wonders for the USWNT. If other countries don't take it seriously, then we'd have better odds of medaling and making Americans think we're better than we are (which is our favorite thing!).

Nobody watches olympic soccer though, they don't even show most of the games on tv. I think some games were on CNBC or whatever at weird times

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Canada's up 4 goals 28 minutes into their game against the Cayman Islands.

Minnow games best games

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
I don’t want to jinx it but I feel like Canada might win this match.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

LUCAS CAVALLINI ACTUALLY SCORED FROM WITHIN THE BOX (8-0)

stab fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 30, 2021

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Lucas Cavallini just scored again to put Canada up 10-0

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Lucas Cavallini just scored again to put Canada up 11-0

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

African AIDS cum posted:

Nobody watches olympic soccer though, they don't even show most of the games on tv. I think some games were on CNBC or whatever at weird times

The point is that more Americans would watch if we were in it because USA USA USA!

stab posted:

Lucas Cavallini just scored again to put Canada up 11-0

Starting to think I'm never gonna get to use my line "They'll be dancing in the bank lobbies of George Town tonight!"

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The one england ga,e I was actually looking forward too was poland . First lewandowski gets injured and now this.

https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/1376798150904647682