Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Moktaro posted:

The point is that more Americans would watch if we were in it because USA USA USA!

Not really, its u-23s and sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i keep hoping for norway to be good and then they barely manage one-nil against noted football titans montenegro

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Soucek and Kieffer Moore on the pitch and it's wee Dan James scoring the winning header.

We were poo poo until it was 10 v 10.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

That was almost embarassing for Portugal, Luxembourg seemed pretty decent at times.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

African AIDS cum posted:

Not really, its u-23s and sucks

I'm talking about the people who don't even know it's u-23s.

The people who will watch the discus throw if the USA has a contender.

I will grant that the time to pearlclutch about GROWING THE SPORT has passed, the people who want to watch soccer here will find it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Perfect record of at least one red card a match continues in Italy u21’s 4-0 win lol. I think this team has a roid rage problem.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Perfect record of at least one red card a match continues in Italy u21’s 4-0 win lol. I think this team has a roid rage problem.

Horny Italian lads in lockdown for a year.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Gareth Bale doing some good work.

https://twitter.com/WATP_com/status/1377190875294539776?s=20

The guy he elbowed racially abused Glenn Kamara in the Rangers - Slavia Prague game.

Sad King Billy fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 31, 2021

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Our players threw a lot of elbows in that game. Connor Roberts eventually got sent off for one.

Not sure Kudela was singled out, maybe Czechs all look the same to them idk

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
I'm aware Sterling is statistically a good player, but why is he always poo poo when I watch him?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

loving hell the Austria-Denmark match is as insanely cool as it sounds

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Southgate is a poo poo oval office fraud of a manager

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Lol Germany just lost to North Macedonia

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blasmeister posted:

Lol Germany just lost to North Macedonia

Check out best player of all time Timo Werner:

https://twitter.com/Bossdogan1904/status/1377356563158011904?s=19

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Hegay posted:

loving hell the Austria-Denmark match is as insanely cool as it sounds

You were saying?

Edit: Germanope - North LMAOcedonia

jeebus bob fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 31, 2021

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I didn't realise there was all this nonsense from spain not saying kosovo's name in the press conferences etc.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Hi friends, are we doing team threads and all that business for the EuroFoot this time around? Squads are being announced (might all be in, dunno) so now could be a fun time.

If people want to claim teams here's the list:

Belgium
Italy
Russia
Poland
Ukraine
Spain
France
Turkey
England
Czech Republic
Finland
Sweden
Croatia
Austria
Netherlands
Germany
Portugal
Switzerland
Denmark
Wales
North Macedonia
Hungary
Slovakia
Scotland

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I have to know what that list is ordered by

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Tsaedje posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020_qualifying#Qualified_teams

:shrug:

e: Oh, it's qualification date

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

I checked that it wasn't FIFA ranking order or the groups, but didn't think of that. My mind can rest now.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Tsaedje posted:

Racisms

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Is it Belgium's year? I haven't been following internationals at all. Is Germany over their meltdown? Spain and Italy, do they have any new talent or are they wheeling out the over 40 crew again? Netherlands are missing big Virg, that's gotta hurt. Probably France's tournament to lose? England? :lol:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sebzilla posted:

If people want to claim teams here's the list:

I feel like it would be most appropriate for me to do Scotland

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’ll make the hot girl thread

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I might do an England thread if no one else minds?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I could do a Russia thread but I'm not sure what the gag should be, jokes about doping are now old and unfunny

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just had a look at the Russia squad and gutted at how few names I recognise. No akinfeev in goal is unsettling and I can't believe the berezutsky brothers arent somehow still getting a run out

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
One my favourite games at the euros is to try and work out which bang average player from a mid table club is going to put together 4 or 5 good performances and have all the big clubs desperate to sign him to a mega contract

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

the sex ghost posted:

One my favourite games at the euros is to try and work out which bang average player from a mid table club is going to put together 4 or 5 good performances and have all the big clubs desperate to sign him to a mega contract

Speaking of which, James Rodriguez got bounced from the Copa America squad due to fitness issues.

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2021/5/28/22458504/james-rodriguez-everton-injury-latest-colombia-squad-copa-america

I wonder if anyone expected his career to go the way it has back in 2014 when he lit it up at the World Cup. It's not a bad career, but I think that tournament was his peak.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 29, 2021

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He scored one cool volley and got signed by Real Madrid, his career has gone exactly where I expected it to.

Don't talk to me about Kleberson.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

I will never forget Hal Robson-Kanu's time in the sun.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

greazeball posted:

Is it Belgium's year? I haven't been following internationals at all. Is Germany over their meltdown? Spain and Italy, do they have any new talent or are they wheeling out the over 40 crew again? Netherlands are missing big Virg, that's gotta hurt. Probably France's tournament to lose? England? :lol:

I was wondering who the betting markets think are going to win the whole thing, and they have England on par with France, which is kinda surprising.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

remember that betting markets largely reflect where money is being put up, rather than an objective assessment of probability

england are always priced stupidly low for tournaments because there are still legions of dickheads who'll slam £50 on them to win at 4/1

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

the sex ghost posted:

Nobody is going to top Mustafi for this.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Eric Cantonese posted:

Speaking of which, James Rodriguez got bounced from the Copa America squad due to fitness issues.

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2021/5/28/22458504/james-rodriguez-everton-injury-latest-colombia-squad-copa-america

I wonder if anyone expected his career to go the way it has back in 2014 when he lit it up at the World Cup. It's not a bad career, but I think that tournament was his peak.

Weren't there rumours he was refusing to play for Everton at the end of the season in case he got injured? Lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Average Lettuce posted:

I was wondering who the betting markets think are going to win the whole thing, and they have England on par with France, which is kinda surprising.

England are definitely as good as the reigning World Cup champions, which is why it's coming home

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

greazeball posted:

Brown Kev just got knocked unconscious in the CL Final so I'd be hesitant on supporting the Blegums.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Eric Cantonese posted:

RIP Hams Rodriguez, turned out that 3 hams would in fact kill him.

Also this has to be some kind of joke, USA-Swiss about to start and ESPN is showing...

...wait for it...

COLLEGE SOFTBALL!

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Moktaro posted:

RIP Hams Rodriguez, turned out that 3 hams would in fact kill him.

Also this has to be some kind of joke, USA-Swiss about to start and ESPN is showing...

...wait for it...

COLLEGE SOFTBALL!

its on espn3/tudn

interesting fixture for both teams, us has most their first team except pulisic and steffan starting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

G-Hawk posted:

its on espn3/tudn

interesting fixture for both teams, us has most their first team except pulisic and steffan starting

I know, just saying this exact thing has happened so often with ESPN that it really is a running joke now.

Also: Too Lletget, too Lletget 2 quit...whoops, and the Swiss equalize.