Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

is there a stream for the softball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

So where is our noted Swiss Dutch Swiss Dutch Swiss Dutch Swiss poster?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Nice move there, but it was not their Dest-iny to score.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Shrapnig posted:

Brown Kev just got knocked unconscious in the CL Final so I'd be hesitant on supporting the Blegums.

How long does a broken eye socket take to recover because it could mean he misses the tournament

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
very sporting to intentionally miss that pen

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Rubin Colwill has been called up for Wales 26 man Euros squad. He's 18 and started like 3 games for Cardiff, all since they had nothing to play for. Not played for the u21s or u19s before this.

I saw him play for their u23s in January and he was brilliant, though. Not like Dylan Leitt and Matt Smith are world-beaters among our midfield options.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

u.s. has looked good going forward but the backline has been uh, bad

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

its on espn3/tudn

interesting fixture for both teams, us has most their first team except pulisic and steffan starting

is this really true? that was a terrible goal to concede

Moktaro posted:

So where is our noted Swiss Dutch Swiss Dutch Swiss Dutch Swiss poster?

:feelings: got banned

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

greazeball posted:

is this really true? that was a terrible goal to concede
:feelings: got banned

its a bit more of a mix now, brooks going off leading to a goal was pretty predictable, it gets rough real quick without him. theres a lot of talent but the first team is incredibly young and inexperienced and thats probably going to show up in the back

dest has looked good in the attack but his inexperience shows up sometimes, same issue at barcelona

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1399119387286806533

Belgium is gonna win the Euros fyi

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
has their algorithm got advanced 'the hamburglar pushed in kevin de bruyne's face' analytics?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

lol when you read the text and it's literally "blegum will win because they are ranked the highest with FIFA, all of the other teams are ranked lower and are therefore worse"

the computer says that the teams with the best ELO score win more than the ones with bad ELO scores, that's some loving moneyball right there

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

we plugged a series of variables into the algorithm, and it turns out that there's a strong correlation between a team's likelihood of winning a game and the overall number of points they have at the end of the season, it was actually quite striking

we don't know quite what this means yet, but we're hoping one of the big six will take us on for consultancy work

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

FullLeatherJacket posted:

the computer says that the teams with the best ELO score win more than the ones with bad ELO scores, that's some loving moneyball right there

it's blue sky thinking duh

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
We used an advanced model based on calculating how many goals a team scores versus how many it concedes, and determined that the team that concedes the fewest and scores the most will probably win the game.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

To be fair, they literally say in the last bullet that football predictions are a crapshoot and you just should go watch the games instead.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I would take an octopus's predictions over Goldman Sachs's

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Copa America moving from Argentina.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I hope it doesn't get delayed or cancelled because the BBC has the rights and it was going to be on at the same time as the euros for basically 24 hours of continuous football but south America is pretty hosed by covid

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A random question i've got mostly because Kante might manage it. Can anyone think of a player who has won a domestic league + cup, uefa cup/europa league and champions league and then the world cup + their continental cup?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jose posted:

A random question i've got mostly because Kante might manage it. Can anyone think of a player who has won a domestic league + cup, uefa cup/europa league and champions league and then the world cup + their continental cup?

Lothar Matthäus has.

edit: poo poo, no, only runner up in CL.

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 11:04 on May 31, 2021

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

after some looking on wikipedia it turns out Pedro has won them all

Jose fucked around with this message at 11:22 on May 31, 2021

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jose posted:

Yeah, there had to be someone in that Spain team who had done it. Surprising the Uefa Cup wasn't with Atletico or Sevilla though.

I was looking at some French players wikis looking into this and Emmanuel Petit has a "citation needed" by his World Cup win. He scored in the bloody final.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Jose posted:

Dida doesn't have the virgin UEFA Cup, but he does have the chad Copa Libertadores

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

Pedro has a hell of an honours list.

5 La Liga titles
3 Spanish cups
3 Champions Leagues
1 Premier League title
1 FA Cup
1 Europa League
1 World Cup
1 Euros

some other miscellaneous stuff like the Club World Cup

for a player who was never a world-beater, that's pretty good!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

vyelkin posted:

for a player who was never a world-beater, that's pretty good!

vyelkin posted:

1 World Cup

:thunk:

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Same as Mustafi!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jose posted:

I thought Dino Zoff might have this but he's missing the Champions League, only a runner up there.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

Was going to say Mata but he's never won the League.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

an integral part of it, too

just Fernando Torres showing up every day and realising that if he doesn't keep playing through injury they'll have to bring on fuckin' Pedro

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Somebody from France 1998/2000 might have managed it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

vyelkin posted:

Pedro is the only player to have done the European trophies, WC and Euros.

There's a lot who have come close but are missing either the Euros or the UEFA cup or the WC.

Kante will do the full haul if France win the Euros

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

vyelkin posted:

My first guess was Henry but he doesn't have the UEFA Cup/Europa League.

I suspect that that will, paradoxically, be the most elusive title for a lot of the players who nearly complete the set.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Pedro is the only player to have done the European trophies, WC and Euros.

There's a lot who have come close but are missing either the Euros or the UEFA cup or the WC.

Kante will do the full haul if France win the Euros

Mata was won both European trophies, the WC, and the Euros.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Mata was won both European trophies, the WC, and the Euros.

He's not won a league title though

Which I realise wasn't in my initial post. So yeah, my bad on that one.

Pedro was the first to win the whole lot.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
From Wales u21s game earlier:

quote:

Siôn Spence is shown a second yellow for simulation and stretchered off the pitch.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

sassassin posted:

From Wales u21s game earlier:

that's some dedicated simulation

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I’m reading that Greece has scored two goals in one game and hell, that owns.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Gigi Galli posted:

I’m reading that Greece has scored two goals in one game and hell, that owns.

it was a friendly against norway, and norway is a shockingly bad side despite having a fair number of actually pretty good individual players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Busquets got the rona and now spain cant train together for the week before the tournament lol