Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

ilmucche posted:

I feel like this is more a damning statement about how bad canada was at scoring from open play for oh... 30 years?

They’ve had the ghost of Scott Arfields knees and not much else for a while I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Wales will play the Czech Republic next week with a slight advantage as Kudela, who started in their 6-2 win against Estonia, is not travelling to the UK because he’s a scaredy racist oval office.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Watching Scotland get Steve Clarked by Moldova

Robertson determined he’ll score a hat trick

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Lol an entire Scotland attack falls apart because Che Adams can’t pass a ball five yards. This has 89th minute Moldova winner written all over it

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

It’s alright Patterson is staking a claim so it’s 1-0

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Lol that 7 at the back was trending and people were moaning about Southgate being too defensive

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Italy not qualifying would be funny as gently caress but so would Ronald’s tantrum. North Macedonia qualifying definitely the best outcome overall.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

AFCON status: on

Nigeria are currently 1 up against Egypt

Elneny, Salah and 9 randoms if you look at their team sheet and tactics so far.

Should be more up.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The ref in the Tunisia Mali game was diagnosed with heat stroke and severe dehydration.

Still no word on what the gently caress they’re going to do about replaying it

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

This Nigeria Tunisia game is being played at walking football pace.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Has a sending off by a substitute ever been more Arsenal and Everton than Iwobi’s there?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Reckon this is going to penos

Cameroon have been the better side so it’s nailed on 122nd minute Egypt counter

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

There'll have to be investment into Windsor Park to get it to 30,000, which will benefit the Northern Irish FA massively I guess.

The problem comes from trying to make sure it's not a 7 or 8 + 3 arrangement, though it probably breaks down that way because of size of leagues etc.

FAI:
Landsdowne Road - modern, 50k, all the bells and whistles

IFA:
Windsor Park - would need a massive refurb or new ground to meet criteria?

FAW:
Millennium Stadium - modernish, 70k
Difficult because outside of that, all the big football stadiums are ones where the teams play in the EFL. If they're looking for a Welsh Premier league side ground to promote/gain investment, that's a lot of work and runs into long term feasibility problems quickly.

SFA:
Hampden - though it's poo poo
Murrayfield - if the SFA can't stomach one of the Old Firm teams and want an Edinburgh venue?
Ibrox - Celtic Park is suffering a lot from the same issues I see reported about Old Trafford, obviously 2028 is a long way away but idk if there are better options.

FA (Trying not to end up just in London or with four grounds in 20 miles of each other):

North East: St James'
North West: Anfield/Everton's new ground?
Yorkshire or they won't shut the gently caress up about it: Elland Road or the Riverside?
Midlands: Villa Park or ?
South: St Mary's/ The AmEx

London: Emirates/Stamford Bridge/White Hart Lane. Though the FA would have to go for Wembley for the final, which might work against those three?

Difficult to get a fair breakdown. The women's Euro's are deliberately clustered around Manchester in parts, but don't think the same would fly.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Leeds have plans to expand elland road to 55-60k in the next few years and properly do up the concourses for the first time since ridsdale (assuming they don't get relegated I guess) so just in time to host some group games

So many questions. Are they putting in an aquarium? What size will the aquarium be? What fish are they going to put in it? Will they let people name the fish?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

I know it's not obvious but Etihad could also host matches

For some reason in my head, the Etihad is only something like 40k so it made sense to go for the two bigger Liverpool ones.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Myssu posted:

The FAI are hoping to be able to offer Croke Park, which has a capacity of 82,300. Generally the GAA are pretty prickly about the idea of other sports being played there, but I imagine there would be some government pressure if its in the cause of landing a major international tournament.

Don't they still ban footballers from playing gaelic sport? Can't see it unless there's a huge pile of cash offered

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Putin backing Italian civil war but it’s over pesto recipes

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Is it an underachievement for Scotland to fall in the playoff places? Ukraine are an objectively better team, whether what's going on in Ukraine right now is inspiring/detracting from them or not. Robertson aside, and I'm genuinely curious, who are the other world class players in the Scotland squad?

In any one qualifying campaign, probably not. Over the piece, it’s clearly a concern.

The best argument against the Robertson point is Wales. The most important/celebrated goal they’ve scored recently was by a Championship journeyman who didn’t have a club, against a team of world class players in every position. Their two most recognisable players in Bale and Ramsey available intermittently, but a team around them that’s young, coached properly and trusted.

Clarke was beaten because he’s not a very good coach, surrounded by other not very good coaches, and his style is poo poo for international football. A stuffy 0-0 draw in the Euros might actually be his high point.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Is that Belgium done now, are we all agreed that it was funny but the bit has finally run its course?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Jordan Nobbs Michael Owen is a Sun headline from 2001, not a commentary lineup

This game is shite

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

James just gave away the weirdest penalty I’ve ever seen. Pickford had kicked the ball before the ‘foul’ part of the foul had happened.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Can’t believe letting thousands of unchaperoned teens into a place ended with something bad happening. Altho in fairness if there were adults there it probably would’ve been worse, so

It was a 1:10 ratio of supervising adults to under 14’s, they said on commentary

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/pooreplreferees/status/1533142687586697221?s=21&t=F62l0U3zWl9b242ld_L38Q

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Great awareness to get onto the penalty spot and stick it past the keeper

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Dan James vs Kyle Walker in the vaginabowl

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Lyndon Dykes currently checking if any of the matches he’s played in count as competitive

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

England played like there was a rule on touches in the final third before you could shoot. Aggravating and bizarre.

Ref was on one as well. Wtf Stones yellow was meant to be for I’ve no idea.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Wales are in very early stage talks with UEFA and FIFA about changing their name internationally from Wales to Cymru. Looking for after Qatar, so maybe Euro 24 or Nations League at the earliest?

It’d be nice to see

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Weirdly there’s no mention of the Football Association of Wales changing their name in the reporting, so the association name might stay English while the team name is in Welsh?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Just Chamber posted:

So Bellingham is hobbling off? That's cool well done Southgate, run your youngest and most important players into the ground.

It’s the hardest match in qualifying and he started pulling up after the subs were getting ready?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Just Chamber posted:

I just dont like him ok?

He’s just a nice brummie lad trying to get by

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Playing like the French is passé, playing like a French street is avant garde. Koeman is an innovator deserving recognition.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

This is hilarious and I’m worried I’m going to have to revisit my conviction that Clarke is not a very good manager.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Deep fried paella all over de la Fuente’s face

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Nuclear Spoon posted:

gently caress me spain are dogshit

Won once in their last 5 games, against a Haaland-less Norway, and have drawn one, lost three. What a fall off.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Need to improve on Pickford imo, he’s conceded 3/6 out of the last shots he’s faced.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

britishbornandbread posted:

He didn’t face a single shot in this current break. Keep that up and we should be reet.

I was gonna tag on that they were against France and Italy.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

If Henderson plays a massive role in the game on Tuesday maybe it’s time to panic, but not running Bellingham into the ground in the first international window after he’s been carrying the Bernebau on his back seems sensible. Henderson’s also probably the most drilled at covering for an attacking full back out of the three, which lets Walker do more?

Think for me, the front six is less 3 & 3 and more 2 & 4/ 2 & 3 & 1, with those 4 interchanging a lot;

Code tagged with no thoughts of actual played position or knowledge of football and missing someone obvious.

pre:
First Choice || Second     || U21/ Youth   || Purple Patch / The Mark Noble Zone

Rice         || Phillips   || ESR / Skipp? || 
Bellingham   || Henderson  || Jones?       || Loftus-Cheek

Wide -
Saka         || Rashford   ||              || Bowen
Grealish     || Sterling   || Gordon       || 

Central - 
Foden        || Maddison   || Elliott      || Gallagher / Mount / Ward-Prowse
Kane         || Wilson     || Palmer       || Watkins?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

lmao England fans are embarrassingly small time, suppose that’s what happens when your boys can’t win a trophy since 1966

‘97 and don’t you forget it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I don't know if anyone has said this, but Jude Bellingham is incredible

The little dive he did after being pushed was a gift to all the other home nations fans, he thinks of everything.