Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Total Meatlove posted:

Wales will play the Czech Republic next week with a slight advantage as Kudela, who started in their 6-2 win against Estonia, is not travelling to the UK because he’s a scaredy racist oval office.

This is a decent lol, fair play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I might do an England thread if no one else minds?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Gigi Galli posted:

Gonna bring this up here because we (Italy) are in a precarious position where if we lose to Switzerland tonight there is a big chance that we wont qualify for the WC directly and we all know how the last playoff qualifier went. When is the last time the reigning European Champion didn't qualify for the subsequent World Cup? Has it ever happened?

You've been told Greece 06, but also Denmark 1994.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

kingturnip posted:

It's now just San Marino and Andorra that are actual whipping boys in Europe, right?
I think now even Luxembourg, Faroe Islands and Malta have the occasional good result; and Liechtenstein graduated to being in the same tier as Estviania a few years back.

You’re right but even Andorra are beating San Marino now.

The benefit of the Nations League is that these smaller nations play one another and get to try and play more positive and progressive football against their counterparts. The problem is even San Marino are too poo poo for THAT.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I mean just list the Danish starting line up circa 1984 to 1986 and be done with it.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

The Nations League is cool, sorry guy

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I see that awful fraud garbage man just won away at the European champions? Awful, awful business.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Saka is just brilliant.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

FullLeatherJacket posted:

is darko his birth name or the nickname they gave him at the leeds academy

He got it shortly after meeting El Hajdi Diouf.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Trent AA was great for England in midfield. Definitely a role for him there for club and country I reckon.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

On the train home from the England game. Magic stuff. Saka is a good lad. Let Trent AA play where he wants forever.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Total Meatlove posted:

Need to improve on Pickford imo, he’s conceded 3/6 out of the last shots he’s faced.

He didn’t face a single shot in this current break. Keep that up and we should be reet.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

It wasn’t a great game but, gently caress me, Spain were EMBARRASSING.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Southgate sticking to the players he knows and trusts and winding up the right people for two meaningless games against minnows is good enough for me.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Jose posted:

Can we ban harry Maguire

From what?

Harry Maguire-hate is so dull and cliche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

vyelkin posted:

Reece James looked at how many people were coming back from international breaks dead and said no thanks I'd rather not play these two meaningless matches when I'm recovering from an injury and England already qualified, and Southgate responded by threatening not to pick him for the Euros because he's clearly not committed to the team

He’s not getting in ahead of Walker, Trippier or Trent anyway.