Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Turkey with three shots and three goals. You love to see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
We're into our first break of the season & some tasty world cup qualifying. Norway-Netherlands decently spicy through 10 minutes so far

edit - yeah my USA centric brain almost said "start of world cup qualifying" bc the dumbass Hex for CONCACAF starts tonight/tomorrow but y'all already have 4 games played

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 1, 2021

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
The first look at Hansi Flick's German squad and they're a teeny bit out of sorts against the mighty Lichtensteiners

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
So a major tournament every year? How do you even handle qualifying for the next one at that point? Two weeks in October where you're gonna play 6/7 games and again in March in between your domestic/cup/continental ties? That's crazy

If this goes through I wonder how many players will "retire" from national duty or like... only play for the NT if there's guaranteed competition every year

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Sheesh I fell asleep at 2-0 right before halftime, good on France for bringing it back

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Lukaku not a step ahead? Yeah. Sheesh. Mbappe puts one past the post with Courtois staring on one end, Lukaku barely offside on a goal thirty seconds later. Fun ending this

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Courtois had it covered

edit - I actually yelled at him for not one-timing that, what a strike

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
tbh Belgium just scored a barely offsides goal, still four minutes left in stoppage, anything can happen

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
yeah, woof https://streamja.com/6Wy1Q

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Two goals in as many minutes, both gorgeous

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Well the die has been cast, them Italian boys need a major breakthrough here or they're in playoffs vs teams such as the mighty Scots or North Macedonians, frightening stuff

edit - my shitpost was premature, Swiss only 2-0

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
oh my Donnarumma what was you thinking

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
so

Scotland vs Ukraine
Wales vs Austria

Russia vs Poland
Sweden vs Czech Republic

Italy vs North Macedonia
Portugal vs Turkey

still looking for the results of the inter-confederation draw. Seeing several different results atm

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Omnikin posted:

still looking for the results of the inter-confederation draw. Seeing several different results atm

AFC vs CONMEBOL
OFC vs CONCACAF

god bless. Even if them good ol' US boys lay a shart in the final rounds of qualifying they just need to get through New Zealand

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
:mcrappe:

This friendly doesn't feel very friendly

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
The Macedonian Magic seems to have run out

though I swear Bruno's a step offside there, hm

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Mr. Mambold posted:

Nah. Sweet goal.

Never denying it, it was a super ball in from Jota. Bruno was a oval office hair from offsides

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Sepp Blatter was paid a billion dollars for this reality

edit - FS1 (USA coverage) quickly pulled back to the analyst desk to not offend all the Americans with culture

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Every time I think they're about to start the draw, it gets delayed another couple minutes

edit - THE BALLS ARE OUT

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Carli's hair looks like they just kinda... stopped styling halfway through

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Time to... get ready! for the draw

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Sick hair Cafu

I mean like, it actually looks diseased

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah boiiiiiiii

USA gonna gently caress England up

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Cart posted:

Spain vs Germany group of death let’s go

It's never gonna be the second pot that decides that, wait until the good teams from pot 3/4 get drawn

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Qatar-Ecuador to start off the tourney

what a banger?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I hope Costa Rica win just so they can get railroaded 4-0 three times

yes, I bet on Japan for that

also fuuuuuuck Wales/Scotland/Ukraine in Group B, that's a not nice group for my soft Americans

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
So wait, Canada are forced to F, right? Ghana can't go with Morocco

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I think only groups E (Spain/Germany) and G (Brazil/Switzerland) have clear top 2s? Everything else feels very wide open, especially what with the missing teams for whatever reasons

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

JunkDeluxe posted:

Might be a bit leaning here - but you don’t think group C has a clear 1-2 in France,Denmark?

Yeah, hindsight 20/20, that's also a good one. I'll be interested to see if Denmark can carry on from the Euro showing last year

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Win group B & you get the runner up from A, meaning like... Senegal? A homefield advantage Qatari team? and then a QF matchup with... France, probably. It ain't no cakewalk

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Also reminder that if the Qatari bribes hadn't worked we'd be looking at starting up the tournament in a mere two months, not loving eight months from now

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Collateral posted:

Nightshift best shift.

Fairly certain every USMNT game is in the 2pm EST slot? So no early morning games

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Butterfly Valley posted:

This is the England that got to a semi final and a final in the last two tournaments, right?

If you ain't first, you're last

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
probably wanted to take a shot with one of those two open half chances, Scotland

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Is Gary really as bad as every single person on the internet seems to say

edit - also lol Pickford

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Noted merchant marine ship Harry Kane was definitely getting to that ball before the keeper

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Italy continuing to implode

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
For anyone dumb enough to travel to Qatar for the WC, apparently they're not selling alcohol in stadiums during games. Only on the edge of a golf course a few km away from most of the stadiums/center area

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/world-cup-stadiums-will-reportedly-be-alcohol-free-in-qatar/ar-AAZl3yI

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Future World Cup champions the United States of America with a rough start vs Japan this morning. Maybe having several MLS players in the lineup contributes to that, I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Uncle Sam is an American icon and deserves better than to be associated with the world cup, imo