Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
My two ideas to improve Olympic football have been either over 45s only or cool runnings style where you have to prove you've never even looked at a football prior to the tournament, possibly with some sort of offside rule quiz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just had a look at the Russia squad and gutted at how few names I recognise. No akinfeev in goal is unsettling and I can't believe the berezutsky brothers arent somehow still getting a run out

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
One my favourite games at the euros is to try and work out which bang average player from a mid table club is going to put together 4 or 5 good performances and have all the big clubs desperate to sign him to a mega contract

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Didn't see a Spain MNT thread for the euros so asking in here: what level of hosed are they with this covid outbreak. Will they be playing the under 8s in the tournament. This has important fantasy footy implications tia

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Much like the ESL just sneaking up out of nowhere, FIFA have had arsene wenger in a room working out a cool new plan to ruin football:

quote:

After 166 member associations voted to approve a feasibility study when it was proposed by the Saudi Arabian federation earlier this year, Wenger was tasked by Fifa president Gianni Infantino with finding the best way to change it.

His ideas include:

A biennial World Cup in even years;

Confederation tournaments (including the European Championship) in odd years;

Either one (October) or two (October and March) mid-season international breaks, for a month in total, when qualifying for major tournaments will take place, rather than the current five windows;

Guaranteed rest periods of 25 days for players once tournaments are over.

Fifa will hold an online summit with its member associations on 30 September to discuss the international men's and women's calendars.

The current match calendar for the women's game runs to the end of 2023, while the men's expires in 2024.

I'm imagining two mid-season month long international breaks and my soul is leaving my body and I'm turning to dust

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Tsaedje posted:

Are you imagining it because you misread and didn't see that it's one or two breaks with a total duration of a month not two month long breaks?

I'm imagining one month long international break or two two week international breaks and it's not much more fun to imagine

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
3-0 so what. Daft little team, silly little qualifier, gently caress off

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
When Yorkshire leaves the UK it'll be him and Vardy leading the line for the YMNT

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Doctor Malaver posted:

Has any Scandinavian country produced any elite player ever

The disrespect to Gunnar Halle in this post. You're lucky I'm on my phone and can't be arsed hitting my buttons

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
drat I had a tenner on under 19.5 goals

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I didn't know I was ready for the UEFA-CONMEBOL Nations League but I am 100% ready

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I know it's set up to avoid it now but loling at the thought of Brazil flying their whole squad over to play Andorra and San Marino and then fly back

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Lot of big names in that side

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
My indomitability meter just broke, thanks

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Extremely domitable scenes

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I know theyd just use the millennium stadium or Cardiff/Swansea as the Welsh grounds but dreaming of seeing Spain vs Italy at Bala town

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds have plans to expand elland road to 55-60k in the next few years and properly do up the concourses for the first time since ridsdale (assuming they don't get relegated I guess) so just in time to host some group games

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

I know it's not obvious but Etihad could also host matches

Idk if they could, does anyone have any footage/pics of a capacity crowd at the Etihad so I can try and visualise this

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

jeebus bob posted:

Today, the Russian FA has made public their interest to host either the 2028 or 2032 European championship.

No really.

No way they could pay the necessary bribes with those sanctions in place, making a mockery of UEFA values with these applications

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
More like Ausfailure

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I was going to say do they now have to play one of those comedy rigged playoffs against Uruguay or whoever. Couldn't remember if they'd fixed that

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
shitaly

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Made up for Leeds hall of famer janni alioski

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
My advanced stats computer is vibrating across the room and giving off sparks trying to calculate the xg

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's coming home

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
World cup draw today everyone. Make sure to set your alarms so you don't miss the action. Been up all night trying to make funny group acronyms

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
While other so called fans are chanting 'go england' or 'go USA' I'll be chanting 'qatar, qatar, qatar, FIFA, FIFA, FIFA'

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

whypick1 posted:

When are they going to get to the fireworks factory actual goddamn draw?

Look at this guy who thinks we're here to do the draw before the half hour speech from cafu and lothar Matthaus about the FIFA values

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Praying for a hilarious technical failure or possibly the same team getting drawn three times

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

New av spotted

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The last legend will be you, the fans

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Frankston posted:

Nice easy group for England

It's coming home

:hmmyes:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

vyelkin posted:

you know, I think Canada could make it out of this group

Depends on which Belgium turn up but very doable imo

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/AllieHBNews/status/1509989539326083079

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
England-Iran in 40 degree heat is going to be the worst game of football any of us have ever seen and I can't wait

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Still mad we never got the cloud machines. Obvs also mad about the slavery and worker deaths but the clouds are still a sore point

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Actually that pun rules. Also that’s just a screenshot of the sun and not a link to their site and you clowns shouldn’t be so delicate that you have to pretend the sun doesn’t exist.

The reason we don't post the sun isn't because we're too sensitive and get triggered by the Chad newspaper it's because it has proven itself to be an enemy of football and football fans and as such has no place here. I live and work in the city where many shops still won't stock it on principle so maybe feel a bit more strongly about it. A bit precious in a dead forum with 11 people in it but it's literally the one actual unique rule of this forum.

Chaz is a good lad and on measure should have probably given it the old snip snip with an explanation for any new people. We live and learn

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Scottish players in a 1pm match in Qatar, think they might have to intentionally bottle the playoffs for player safety reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Getting beat at home by a country currently at war that hasn't played in 6 months would be an all time Scotlanding