Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Can't wait for every team to get corona'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Absolutely concede that it was a second-string Denmark team from midfield onwards, and that they had already qualified anyway- but previous Scotland teams would have still gotten beat, nevermind get as many points in the group as we've managed. Steve Clarke deserves so much credit. We're a relatively young team as well, most of them are in their mid-twenties.

Biggest question for me going forward is what we do with McTominay, I'm not sure he gets into our strongest XI despite being a regular for Man United.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
About as good a draw as Scotland could have asked for, same for Wales.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

The Copa America has been going for over 100 years while the Euros started in the late 50s

How many of those euro teams are anything more than group stage fodder

I have a distinct memory of watching the opening game of Euro 04, and thinking "I'm sure they're happy to be there but they must know they're not gonna win"

A few weeks later:

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I always enjoy when a team who blatantly try to win tournaments by taking games to penalties, lose on penalties.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Lmao Italy, just lmao

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
We've improved a lot under Clarke but he completely blew it tonight and I don't think he'll be around for the next campaign. Soul-sucking football is only acceptable when paired with results.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Is it an underachievement for Scotland to fall in the playoff places? Ukraine are an objectively better team, whether what's going on in Ukraine right now is inspiring/detracting from them or not. Robertson aside, and I'm genuinely curious, who are the other world class players in the Scotland squad?

I don't think the gulf between Ukraine and Scotland is insurmountable. Ukraine are a decent team but it's not like we were playing a major power. It was 3-1 going on about 8-1, an absolute embarrassment, and it's largely because of tactics. Not pressing, playing three at the back against three forwards, playing a midfielder in defence, players who have had poo poo seasons still getting a game because they played well last year.. It's a huge blown opportunity.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
How was that not a penalty

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Lmao.

It's coming home (The England team, immediately as the tournament starts)

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
It's a shame Hungary are a bunch of cunts because they seem like a good underdog team

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1640829146686435328?s=20

Players diving, you say

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
McLean’s goal was one of the best worked team goals I’ve ever seen Scotland score, wow. Huge result.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
We almost got a repeat of the Portugal/Turkey/Czechs/Switzerland group from 2008.

I'm happy enough with the group we got, Germany are on a downturn right now and the other two teams are solid but not undefeatable.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Eau de MacGowan posted:

wait a second how the gently caress did norway manage to not qualify

How can they compete with the sheer firepower of Lyndon Dykes and Kenny McClean

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Big fan of Sigur Ros me

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1771584815285858427

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Brazil are just kicking the poo poo out of Bellingham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Not a fan of Germany being poo poo for years until the exact moment they get drawn against Scotland in a major tournament