Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sebzilla posted:

If people want to claim teams here's the list:

I feel like it would be most appropriate for me to do Scotland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

remember that betting markets largely reflect where money is being put up, rather than an objective assessment of probability

england are always priced stupidly low for tournaments because there are still legions of dickheads who'll slam £50 on them to win at 4/1

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

is there a stream for the softball

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

lol when you read the text and it's literally "blegum will win because they are ranked the highest with FIFA, all of the other teams are ranked lower and are therefore worse"

the computer says that the teams with the best ELO score win more than the ones with bad ELO scores, that's some loving moneyball right there

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

we plugged a series of variables into the algorithm, and it turns out that there's a strong correlation between a team's likelihood of winning a game and the overall number of points they have at the end of the season, it was actually quite striking

we don't know quite what this means yet, but we're hoping one of the big six will take us on for consultancy work

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Jose posted:

A random question i've got mostly because Kante might manage it. Can anyone think of a player who has won a domestic league + cup, uefa cup/europa league and champions league and then the world cup + their continental cup?

Dida doesn't have the virgin UEFA Cup, but he does have the chad Copa Libertadores

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

an integral part of it, too

just Fernando Torres showing up every day and realising that if he doesn't keep playing through injury they'll have to bring on fuckin' Pedro

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

My indomitability meter just broke, thanks

perhaps they were TOO indomitable

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

lolling a lot at watching a world cup with canada and no italy

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Awesome pic. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Impartial. Keep us all posted on his continued progress with any new progress pics or VAR decisions. Wanna see how freakn' huge, solid, thick and impartial he can get.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

if holland doesn't qualify from that group, return it to the sea

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

E
I
S/W/U
Y

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

but lol if scotland actually qualify i'll give you the money myself

group b gonna be an all-vowels group (w is a vowel in welsh because they hate god and you)

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Jippa posted:

I didn't know tom cruise was playing for japan.

the last trequartista

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

also the sun is bad and their pun is also bad

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

tbh if Scotland had a striker who reached the level of 'championship journeyman' they'd be a significantly better team

you could send them Kahn, Cannavaro and Ferdinand on lend-lease and they'd still likely get pumped in the playoffs if there's gently caress all in front of them

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

can't wait to watch canada, wales and italy at the world cup

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Butterfly Valley posted:

I wonder how many of the countries the US is playing the average American citizen could find on a map/even knew existed

Are you including the US itself in that?

Although, obligatory Jack Grealish discovering the concept of maps.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

lol at all these motherfuckers calling for southgate to get sacked six months before a world cup because a bunch of players who've played continuous football for 24 months are tired and can't be arsed with this poo poo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Pat Mustard posted:

I may be missing something but why are there no fans at the England match? Is it because it's at Molineux and they would only show up if it was Portugal?

cup tied

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

for reals it's as penance for all the dudes setting off buttflares and trying to rush security at the euros final

best england crowd i've ever seen tbh

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Just Chamber posted:

A better manager would surely be able to get this England side to score goals because this is getting silly now.

all of the better managers are foreign, except for Graham Potter, who I think would be genuinely wasted on England and should wait for a big job

and I strongly get the feeling that the players are phoning it in because they've not had a break in two years and now they're supposed to play poo poo friendlies in June instead of loving off to Dubai to relax and do four bags each, and you can't teach that

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Al2001 posted:

Just the perfect combo of 2 teams too gutless and lacking in skill to mount a decent attack. I imagine this is what a typical League 2 playoff final looks like

yellow team was bad there too, yes

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Bold to have a group where Serbia plays itself 5 times

which of the four games are you expecting to be replayed due to flag/drone-related crowd disorder

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

ilmucche posted:

Is Gibraltar-spain really that tense of a matchup?

iirc Spain only agreed to not block Gibraltar from being in UEFA if they got an agreement not to play them, since the Spanish government considers the territory True Spanish Clay or whatever (do not ask about Ceuta, which is also Spanish Clay)

the rest are legitimately unsafe but that one is just the inherent piss-baby nature of the platonic spaniard

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

all world cup mascots should be quasi-racist caricatures from a 1930s political cartoon

for a six-figure sum i will draw a frenchman with a beret and baguettes in his pockets, or a polish submarine

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

lol italy are getting knocked out by macedonia again

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

if i was italy manager i would simply not lose at home to macedonia and england

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

vaffanationsleagueplayoffs

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

dissolve holland

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Average Lettuce posted:

Ronaldo making the haters eat their words, scoring two against Liechtenstein and now two against Luxembourg. He's back baby :cool:

he also got a yellow card for diving

against luxembourg

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

why is there a spanish person there, and why do they have a whistle

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

is darko his birth name or the nickname they gave him at the leeds academy

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

We love England don't we folks

for this hypothetical am i or am i not in goblin mode

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Butterfly Valley posted:

Hasn't your entire existence been goblin mode

i have a real job where people rely on me for financial advice

it's why stuff don't work no more

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Elsa Maria posted:

There's gonnae be a riot in Glasgow tonight

aye, but they'll have to push it back a couple of hours from the normal daily time

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

lmao in eternity if scotland are the first nation to qualify for a major tournament that isn't hosted in or by scotland

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Grimble posted:

They will be qualified by tuesday when Norway manages a hard fought draw at home to Georgia right?

yup, a draw would guarantee scotland at least second

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

feels like it's time for Germany to turn to the most successful international coach of the modern era, Der Große Sam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

just Gundogan patiently listening as it's explained how his new job is to make space for Rudiger to lump balls up to Carsten Janker, who's been recalled to the squad aged 49