Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Lets make a pie!

No, let's have made a pie for Easter and only post about it now!

Probably should have posted about it sooner if I wanted to remember what spices I used! Cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Maybe some allspice? Sugar and flour in there too.

Yup, it's gonna be an apple pie. Used some Rubyfrost apples leftover from the previous month's Costco run and added some Granny Smiths.

So it's been a very long time since I've made an apple pie. Here's the thing, usually it's my father-in-law who makes the apple pie for family get togethers. Well, once again we are not seeing our families for Easter due to Covid, so I get to dust this out. I really like the Fanny Farmer Cookbook though I do take issue with a few of its recipes. I wish I could remember what though as it's probably been a decade since I've tried this one. I know for starters that it's apple pie recipe does not call for enough flour it usually comes out a bit damp. Trouble is is I don't know how much more to use. In the end I think I went with three extra tablespoons. Making pie crust is a chore for suckers so we've got some premade Aldi ones.

Coating our apples.

10 cups of apples? In one pie? Of this size? At this hour!? On whatever day I made this? It's way too much and I put some aside.

gently caress you pie how you like having stab holes?

Fully stabbed pie.

I made glaze. Yeah yeah settle down Gary we all know what it looks like.

Fully baked and glazed pie. I think I used about 7 cups of diced apples inside instead of the 10 the recipe wanted. To tell the truth it settled down a little flatter than I wanted it but it never felt like all 10 were going to make it. Might try with 8 next time. It was a good pie despite not remembering all of the modifications that were needed. 7.5/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU