Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Youth Decay posted:

party like it's 1499 baby

drat that's a lot of boats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
just do what america does, bomb it already come on this isn't hard. bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb ship

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
someone fly the printer goon out there ASAP

he'll take care of this and we'll all bow down and drink port

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Source4Leko posted:

I got to swing someone worth 200k against a stop sign pole like I was hitting a baseball til parts we needed right away came flying out and I thought that was impressive. This captain 100% wins at cost of things destroyed at work game.

i think you meant to say something and not someone? at least i hope so

then again respect for bashing the cylon rich

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zisky posted:

Send in an icebreaker ship and use it's bow like a cow catcher.
the reason why "nudge it with another big ship" isn't being done is because no one at all is going to want to take insurance liability there at all. evergiven could already have some damage to it and lol. hypothetically "nudge it with another big ship" would otherwise maybe work if it weren't for that liability for damage is too great

also icebreaker ships several orders of magnitude smaller. the world's largest one is the russian 50 Let Pobedy (lol) and it's only 22k GT vs 220k GT. it'd almost be "tiny excavator vs ship" in comicality

megaships are insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

The Oldest Man posted:

If anything, this shows how sabotage directed at bottlenecks could be a lot more effective at disrupting the economic status quo than I ever thought possible. They literally turned a ship sideways by mistake and that's it. You know how many people are crewed up on that ship, total?

A year or so ago a few cheapo consumer drones with small explosives shut down a large Saudi Oil refinery and "jacked up gas prices" in response. it may still be impacted even. everything is actually very fragile because we live in an idiotic JIT latestage capitalism society that's unravelling as everything gets ground further into fine dust