Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
You know, it takes a lot of work to make Planet Vegeta look well-adjusted, but Viltrum is pulling it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
In this universe, Allen is Vegeta. Got beaten nearly to death and came back 100 times stronger.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

You know, it takes a lot of work to make Planet Vegeta look well-adjusted, but Viltrum is pulling it off.

The viltrumites at least have the Sparta model of having servant races to run their economy for them. How the Saiyans managed to feed themselves is a mystery

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

ikanreed posted:

The viltrumites at least have the Sparta model of having servant races to run their economy for them. How the Saiyans managed to feed themselves is a mystery

Well even their average fighters were BRILLIANT scientists.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

ikanreed posted:

They were mercenaries for the Hit...Freeza empire and eat what they kill.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
WELP.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Still watching, but Rae survives this time around. I wonder if they'll have her live the whole show or kill her off elsewhere.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
The coffee :lol:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Would you rather live on Viltrum or Harkonnen Planet?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

jfc watching the new episode now and it was 9 minutes in before I realized the monotonal narrator wasn't just a weird thing they were doing for this episode.

Amazon apparently defaulted me to English with Audio Description, which is kind of an interesting thing they're doing for accessibility, but completely baffling when you have no idea why there's an emotionless voice describing everything happening in each scene.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Phenotype posted:

Would you rather live on Viltrum or Harkonnen Planet?

being a viltrumite would be way more fun than being a harkonnen, but being a slave sucks poo poo no matter what

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i get the sense being a Harkonnen is kinda lovely even if you're a big wig. except for Feyd, he seems to have a good time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I like that Mark and Amber are thinking about their relationship now. Shame this didn't happen last season and we got the terrible break up and get back together poo poo instead.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Still watching, but Rae survives this time around. I wonder if they'll have her live the whole show or kill her off elsewhere.

I'm curious if they're going to set her and Rex up. Also, I am liking all the stuff with Amber and Mark's relationship. You could argue that, in the comics, Amber was written a little more selfish and "demanding" of Mark's time. She's not wrong to want that, they're still kids at this point, so of course they're both a little selfish. There was never this kind of conversation in the comics, which is why a common acknowledgement about Amber in the show is that she feels like a real person instead of just "the girl Mark is with before he pairs up with his ~true love~"

A good episode. I still kinda wish they didn't split the season the way they have

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

<3 Oliver, he's adorable

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Its really baffling that they kept such a nothing character as Shrinking Rae alive.

Also, I guess the show doesn't have the rights to the Brit character.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

How did Rex survive that? He got literally shot in the head. We saw the exit wound, even.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Phenotype posted:

How did Rex survive that? He got literally shot in the head. We saw the exit wound, even.

The brain is very resilient, he got Phineas Gage'd. It probably just took time to rewire itself enough to get him breathing again. There's a reason the entire brain is made of a single type of cell. It's an exaggeration of a real thing but it's probably the most realistic part of the show.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Phenotype posted:

That's survivable.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Did anybody else find Eve's line about Rex liking home decor because he's from a broken home deeply funny? One of the dumbest lines I've ever heard.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Did Rex have a Homelander type origin story? I feel like his comments suggest he was grown in a lab.

As for surviving the bullet, he's a superhero. We don't know what kind of built in resilience he has in spite of the physical injuries.

I was almost expecting him to turn out to be a cyborg like Donald and the other guy

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Panfilo posted:

Did Rex have a Homelander type origin story? I feel like his comments suggest he was grown in a lab.

In case you're actually asking:

He was sold off by his parents to be experimented on in exhange for a shitton of money.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Rubellavator posted:

Did anybody else find Eve's line about Rex liking home decor because he's from a broken home deeply funny? One of the dumbest lines I've ever heard.

I found it darkly funny that Immortal was sitting in a morgue that was stuffed full of his ex-girlfriend's clone bodies. Like, just drat dude that can't be healthy.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Jesus Christ Immortal, Nolan's killed you with very little effort twice. What makes you think flying out to fight him solo in space is a good idea

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Too much blah blah blah in this episode, not enough violence

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Froghammer posted:

Jesus Christ Immortal, Nolan's killed you with very little effort twice. What makes you think flying out to fight him solo in space is a good idea

For supposedly having hundreds of years of wisdom (and being literally abe lincoln), Immortal for some reason has zero chill.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Oh, don't worry, there will be blood soon enough. A LOT of it

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Aces High posted:

Oh, don't worry, there will be blood soon enough. A LOT of it

https://i.imgur.com/P8L1EAi.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Are there any Viltrumites with abilities beyond punchy-fist?

I mean, are there shapeshifitng, mindreading, telekinetic, pyrokinetic, etc Viltrumites?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Probably not unless they hooked up with other races.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Like Nolan did?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Rae shoulda just died there. Not even a character really

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

It could be interesting if they were going to use that as a narrative Thing, like she leaves the team because she feels that she's often overlooked and that no one really knows her or cares about her, and as a civilian she's able to find her place in the world.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Like Nolan did?

I mean, sure, but the Thraxans didn't have any special abilities beyond extremely fast aging.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

I mean, sure, but the Thraxans didn't have any special abilities beyond extremely fast aging.

Also perfect memory recall from birth

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

They macro amazingly well. Oliver's mom is still alive when Mark leaves, so they basically rebuilt everything the Viltrumites destroyed in under 2 months

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Aces High posted:

I'm curious if they're going to set her and Rex up. Also, I am liking all the stuff with Amber and Mark's relationship. You could argue that, in the comics, Amber was written a little more selfish and "demanding" of Mark's time. She's not wrong to want that, they're still kids at this point, so of course they're both a little selfish. There was never this kind of conversation in the comics, which is why a common acknowledgement about Amber in the show is that she feels like a real person instead of just "the girl Mark is with before he pairs up with his ~true love~"

A good episode. I still kinda wish they didn't split the season the way they have

The broken hearts in the latte hit just right. It should have been stupid but I liked it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Aces High posted:

I would really like it if they changed it up so they wound up staying together, but that's just because I kind of like show Amber a lot?

Which pairs fairly well with Viltrumites at least.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Aces High posted:

They macro amazingly well. Oliver's mom is still alive when Mark leaves, so they basically rebuilt everything the Viltrumites destroyed in under 2 months

With a lot of help from Mark doing the heavy lifting.

Regarding Viltrumite interbreeding: they would do it only to gain a genetic advantage, and it may be that they actually bred their powers into the species rather than having them originally. Valuing strength and survival above all, they have acquired their massive physical prowess and long lives at the expense of ignoring everything else.

Nolan is an exception because he found Earth. Humans are so close to Viltrumites that while they had no powers of their own, he thought he might be able to breed a pure Viltrumite with one.

(Fun theory: Earth is a lost Viltrumite colony.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Jedit posted:

Humans are so close to Viltrumites that while they had no powers of their own

The Guardians of the Globe would dispute that.