Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

I have to assume Olga's SOS business card is somehow nefarious, even if Olga herself is unaware of it.

Glad that a Mauler survived so they can continue to do... whatever the hell it is they're trying to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

I really like Doc Seismic as a villain. Always has a vaguely well-intentioned goal but he goes about it in the most concussed way possible.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

I haven't read the comic, but just based on that panel the show has more "oomph" because in the comic he is just stating facts, while in the show he says something along the lines of "I love your mother... but, like a pet" and sounds somewhat ashamed of himself.

^^ yeah that

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

GateOfD posted:

what do they actually do with it once they actually conquer a planet?

I doubt they actually do anything with those planets, the point is just to possess them, as an assertion of dominance.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

I like that not even Rex buys his Normal Human shtick, they're all just putting up with it because he's got a neat ability and seems harmless.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

My guess would be they dropped it because the failure rate was so high, and most of the results so freakish (two eyes?!?!?!) that they decided to focus on just keeping their race alive.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm going to guess Omni-Man is not all that imaginative a writer and used his own personal experiences from his thousands of years as a conqueror as his inspirations for the books.

Sure, he only meant for it to be a cover for his civilian life when he was writing them, but during his time with the bugs, realised it could help mark against the inevitable invasions.

I'm thinking something along the lines of "The Man with the Unbeatable Gun" being based on a civilization that successfully repelled the Viltrumites.

If he knows any secret fighting techniques beyond "hit them really hard" he didn't seem to use them.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

Slashrat posted:

I gotta wonder why Dupli-Kate doesn't just keep one copy of herself standing at a safe distance during fights.

I had the same thought, and now I'm pretty sure that's exactly how Rex gets out of this.

^^^ Kate 11 glancing down and realizing she's Kate 1 again

a seagull fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 16, 2024

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

I gave up on The Walking Dead (the show) because the cycle became so obvious around the end of the prison arc.

Our group meets a friendly new society > they're actually EVIL > all minor characters die > return to start

This show at least feels like there's some narrative progression, slow as it may be. The resistance to Viltrum is building.

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

A foreign power rolls up and says "Join us or die." But are they really the bad guys here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

It is fully within Viltrum's capabilities to be a force for good in the galaxy. Like Nolan's original pitch to Mark. Instead they choose violence and demand subservience to reap the benefits of their civilization.

I don't... I don't get how this is not a bad thing.

a seagull fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 31, 2024