Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Hakkesshu posted:

This dichotomy is core to the story, as has been said, but I agree with you I have no idea who this is for, except people who are already fans of the comic. I cannot imagine this weird blend of teen superhero/ultraviolence in 45 minute animated chunks being very successful with a larger crowd. They already cancelled The Tick and I would've put more money on that.

It seems good TBF, just I have a hard time imagining it lasting very long, but I hope I'm wrong!

Tick got cancelled because it was one of the most expensive to make TV shows of all time. Tick's suit was very expensive CGI, and filming on location in New York isn't cheap either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

JT Smiley posted:

A buddy gave me the first omnibus back in my mind 20s and I read all of it in the span of a few days. I get why the violence would turn some people off, but I don't think Invincible has ever done violence just for the shock value. There's actually a heart to the story and the characters.
Well, the comic does get really really bad after a certain point, and it does do exactly that. However, that happens pretty late in the series, so I'm hoping the series will just adapt the good part of Invincible. There is a decent enough ending point before it gets really bad.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

ruddiger posted:

I’m a little bummed they sacrificed the cult of Burger Mart garbage in London for the secret service step-dad and his son, but I am curious what other side gags from the comics those two will probably also absorb.

One of my favorite gags from the comic isn't really possible anymore either Damien Darkblood actually being really bad at his job.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Open Source Idiom posted:

Animation's commissioned in blocks that don't line up with traditional seasons, because of the long lead times for making the art -- in a lot of cases two seasons are commissioned at once, but Netflix has definitely handed out some full series orders for its animated shows. So that could be a factor.

Yeah, there is no way they are getting to that character with the number of episodes that are left unless there is some extreme re-writing. I guess this pretty much confirms a season 2 is coming, unless the first season really underperforms.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

JT Smiley posted:

My only real complaint about the show is that it's not as funny as the comic was. I get most of that is down to how many events have been moved forward or changed, but I'm really missing the more satirical elements of the early issues.

Oh and I hate Robot's new voice.

Yeah, one of my favorite gags from the comic is that Damien Darkblood is a actually a joke character. He is an ancient demon that doesn't use modern technology, so he shows up to reveal that Nolan was the killer after the entire world already knew for weeks. I prefer that over the lame attempt at a mystery plot the show did.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

BurritoJustice posted:

What does this guy get out of this? These tweets have barely any exposure,p but they're public enough that they will be visible for his career and to his co-workers. He is insulting his ex-cohort, presuming he speaks on behalf of massive actors, turning on his previous company, and damaging a product he obviously cares about and put his heart into. It seems like career suicide so he can, what, get ten people to reconsider POC representation in a single (already progressive) show?

It sounds like they aren't the art director for the second season, so it might be them attacking the show because they didn't get re-hired.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

The majority of the comic is really, direly bad and I hope the show continues to take liberties. Really the more the better from here out, especially.

I'd say the comic is mostly really good actually. Its just that after a certain point, it becomes really really awful. I haven't really thought any of the changes have been an improvement aside from Cecil deploying a bunch of contingency plans against Omni-man. I think its going to cause issues later on. Somewhat vague comic book spoilers: There is one thing that I'm really worried about. Either they are going to have to have boring suplots about a character that is no longer relevant to the story, or they are going to have a character exit the story, which will cause some people on the internet to get really mad.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I feel like people are way over-exaggerating the multi-verse trend. its always been a fairly common thing in sci-fi, and there doesn't seem to be any more stuff with it than usual. Maybe its because mainstream ultra-popular stuff has it.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

for some reason this is a game that exists https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrDc5n35Xlc. You can get it free with twitch prime.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

everydayfalls posted:

I have never been to a 12 step like program so maybe this is reading into things. But did it seem like he was hitting on her? He seemed like kind of a terrible person before he name dropped his ex but then he casually breaks the first rule of their group, huge red flag. In the end he lacks the brain power to realize Nolan is her abuser and goes off in a huff. Low class dude.

I dunno, I think its completely normal for a person to not want to interact with the person who was the wife of the person that brutally murdered his girlfriend.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

Spoiler, in that the creator is talking about episode 4 without specifics, but it's being described as almost as insane as the season 1 finale. So maybe this half-season won't end on a cliffhanger after all

No actual plot details spoilers I'm not sure how that would work. Unless there is an extra long episode/really compress stuff to reach the point where I think it is.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Collateral posted:

Scifi mating descriptions really need put in the literary bin. Looking at you mister Niven. All it proves is that your average scifi author is a weirdo.

Niven proved he was a weirdo even without the mating stuff. I'm baffled that the Ringworld series is seen as a classic sci-fi series.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Its really baffling that they kept such a nothing character as Shrinking Rae alive.

Also, I guess the show doesn't have the rights to the Brit character.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

You are misremembering that is future spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

I feel like they could just remove that thing pretty easily with almost nothing lost. Having reread the series a couple times, I just don't agree that it gets bad after a certain point besides being tainted by the thing.

Its not a single thing that makes it bad. It just runs out of steam at some point and just gets dumb in my opinion. Its very far off, and the show might be able to salvage it.