Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I still love that mustaches are the defining feature of a male viltrumite.

They're apparently literally physically unable to grow different facial hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

You know, it takes a lot of work to make Planet Vegeta look well-adjusted, but Viltrum is pulling it off.

The viltrumites at least have the Sparta model of having servant races to run their economy for them. How the Saiyans managed to feed themselves is a mystery

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
The lack of quarantine procedures for people known to have been infested by a (dangerous, poorly understood) parasite was off putting to me.

I know I know it's a comic show, but modern NASA has quarantine procedures.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

roomtone posted:

it annoys me that two guys talking has to be classed as 'non toxic masculinity'

guys do actually talk from time to loving time, jesus christ. it's not all about your zeitgeist.

Okay but rex was previously toxic as gently caress in ways that we'd normally call toxic masculinity, so the contrast is relevant.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
The only thing I wonder about now is why viltrumites need a space ship.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

GateOfD posted:

The bugs are gross and take over the brain though and kill the host

Let the butterflies take over your brain and see if you still say that

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Collateral posted:

The same reason humans use cars, I would assume.

They're scared of minorities?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Having just watched the season, can anyone name a more useless group than the faceless soldiers who rush into a room after the fighting is over and everyone is a bloody meat pulp? especially when the villains have a notable weakness to being shot with lots of bullets.

Structurally it sort of helps reinforce the thematic elements of the story that super heroes are military by another name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Nuebot posted:

Basically yeah, there are very few cases of regular humans who just naturally have powers in this setting so robot not having them suggests there's an external reason why Rex has his powers.

I didn't read the comic so if this is a spoiler it's from this thread, but I think he said it in the show.

Didn't someone abuse and experiment on him?