Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

BurritoJustice posted:

Both episode 1 and 8 feature Nolan train-ing Mark, what a lovely parallel.

Episode 8 features Nolan peeing his pants on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
When I was a dumb kid I thought the Dr. Manhattan ending made more sense in the context of the universe and then when I got older and read the novel I realized it only made sense because the context of the movie lacked any multidimensionality or nuanced ideas

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
The edits for this show are already incredible. Mix in anything else JK's been in and you're spinning gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pBiY0CL-r8

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Without looking it up I'm guessing episode 6 is the university one?

e:yep

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Talking about least favourite episodes. For me and I'm guessing a lot of people coming in blind, episode 1 was a complete bore and, if not for the last 3 minutes, would have made the rest of the season a hard pass. I had to force myself to rewatch it because everything except for that scene and the flying training could barely hold my attention.

It was a ballsy move to hold back such a powerful hook in what would otherwise have been a bland, colour-by-number superhero thing. They got lucky especially by the end that they went so viral.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Zaphod42 posted:

If you need violence to entice you into watching the show that says more about you than the show bud.

Spending the first 40 minutes of your debut episode pretending to be a children's cartoon before unleashing the most visceral anti-anti-villain reveal is cool as gently caress. You don't agree?

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Zaphod42 posted:

Did Breaking Bad have violence in the first episode?

From memory but doesn't WW point a loaded gun at a police car in the opening minute? Actually he thinks it's a police car but either way he's ready to do death by cop. That's the hook.

Either way, "children's cartoon" was a bit strong but the point still stands.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Honestly, the bug lady is kinda cute in an alien sort of way. Provided she doesn't do anything too insect-like as part of a daily routine, I could understand how they hooked up.

She has a hot voice also I just found out it's Rhea Seehorn!!!

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I think they hosed up by making Allen too powerful. We see Anissa basically mopping the floor with Mark, then her hits barely register on Allen. I would have wanted to see a bit more of a ramping of his regenerative strength increase that a lot of the Viltrumites also have in the comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

roomtone posted:

Why do you say that?

It's been on top of Prime's most watched list for weeks, I thought it was extremely popular and there is loads of material?

They barely advertised the second half of S2 on the Prime frontpage. I actually had to use the search function :mad: