Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

DrBouvenstein posted:

And speaking of teleporting...at the start of ep 1, why didn't Angstrom teleport the Evil Mark and Evil Nolan (well.. Regular Nolan) to some dimension made entirely of lava, or something? Or just one with an empty , burnt-out earth?
I get it wasn't "his" world, so maybe he wasn't as attached to it... But help that works out, man!

I may be mistaken, but I got the impression that only one of the Angstrom variants actually had the teleport ability. The rest were just normal dudes or gals that he'd gone around collecting. If so, it kinda makes sense that he doesn't particularly feel like dedicating himself to personally stopping an infinite number of 'Omni-Man & Evil Invincible' team-ups in an infinite number of different realities. It also seems like there's no time-travel involved between realities, so even if he tried, he'd only have time to stop them in a few realities at most in the window of time between Mark gaining his powers and him actually conquering Earth alongside his dad in that reality.

We see him snatching his own variant in the nick of time through a fortunately-placed portal that happened to lead to a spot in an alternate reality that was safe. But that was probably just a very lucky opportunity he grabbed, and actually teleporting people against their will (especially people who can ignore gravity if they so choose) requires a lot more time to set up than Angstrom usually has on hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I gotta wonder why Dupli-Kate doesn't just keep one copy of herself standing at a safe distance during fights.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
The series has hammered home pretty clearly that Cecil's primary worry is Mark going all god-king like his father and acting unilaterally in a way that Cecil, and by extension the combined governments of Earth, won't be able to stop. I suspect he'd be perfectly happy if Mark just quit the superhero thing entirely to live an ordinary unassuming life, where he's less likely to encounter catalysts for attempting to make drastic changes to the world, and they can more easily spot it if he does. But since Mark doesn't want that, Cecil indulges him by pretending to give him permission for something Mark would do anyway, in exchange for Mark (at least in theory) only doing it the way Cecil tells him to.

If Cecil was going to make Mark choose between being a Superhero and college, he'd tell the kid to focus on college.

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Mar 18, 2024

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Yeah, the stories are basically about real poo poo Nolan presumably did before coming to Earth, specifically stuff he encountered that is very capable of harming Viltrumites. That is obviously of great interest to anyone who opposes Viltrum.

Also, quick thinking by Allen there. He catches an off-hand mention during the fight that Anissa intends to drag him off to Viltrumite SuperMax, and immediately hatches a plan to let himself be defeated so he can infiltrate it and find out if Nolan is there for Mark. Dude's a real bro and much smarter than he sometimes seem.