Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The impression I got was that Mark was not winning fights because he wasn't willing to be violent enough to win fights. His dad can just flip on the murder switch because he sees everything on earth as insignificant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Too much blah blah blah in this episode, not enough violence

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's pretty crazy Dupli-Kate didn't like hold back her "prime" self in, like, a different ZIP code from their mission or something.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Put a dupli-Kate on a relativistic-speed rocket so you've got a young version of yourself tucked away and you can live like hundreds of years.

Really Cecil did not think this power set through at all. How many can we get? Maybe you could field entire garrisons of dupli-Kates

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Kingtheninja posted:

Is this second part of season two also 4 episodes? Meaning we only have two left?

Yes, only two left

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol at the Boy Meets World-rear end solution of having a high school principal become a college dean

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Mark should obviously not be in college and should probably be training nonstop since he's the only defense they have against the Viltrum Empire. The relationship drama is fine and makes sense, but the "oh no I have to stay in school. My grades are going to poo poo. Maybe I should get a part-time job," part of it is complete fluff. Just get on the government payroll.

Debbie should too. You're still selling houses? Why?

I'm pretty sure they're gonna find a big bloodstain where that nanny used to be when the toddler gets superpowers.

I'm glad Bulletproof finally pointed out that the Guardians are a trainwreck. They have Worf Syndrome. They got their asses kicked by the joke lizard club guys. Atom Eve or Invincible have to bail them out of every situation at this point.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 28, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

I thought the show established that they're refusing to take government monet because they're trying to keep Cecil out of their lives.

Yeah, and he's managed to have Mark on-call constantly and openly planted a spy inside Debbie's house.

You're already under his thumb, you may as well have access to his vast resources for it.

And it's just practical realities of things. Mark and Debbie can't have normal lives. The world is about to be conquered and burned down by a powerful alien force. Wanting to go to college, have relationships with normal people, work at a real estate office, that poo poo ain't happening.

roomtone posted:

Anissa's appearance felt like a shot in the arm for the show. It's really meandering around a lot of fluff lately, things don't feel like they've progressed at all.

Totally. It should have happened like 5 episodes ago. The Viltrum threat is the main plot of the show, so just put it front and center rather than have everyone pretend it doesn't exist for most of the season.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

roomtone posted:

I hope this is the end of Amber/Mark - she's been a drag on the show since the beginning.

I feel like it is totally over.

I gather from the spoilered comments that in the comics Anissa murders Amber. Amber's speech at the end seemed like the show saying "We are not going that direction, and we are going to give this character some agency by completely disconnecting her from Mark for good."

LRADIKAL posted:

Mark did well against the Viltrimite lady, he just needs to be more ruthless than he normally is in fights.

I think he also needs to train. Nolan emphasized ruthlessness to him but he also talked a lot about training. Mark never seems to train at all, despite indications that he could be a lot better if he did. Spending too much time on college work and girlfriends. Go lift some giant weights!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

I sure hope that Cecil is draining as many barrels of Mark's blood as possible when he shows up beaten and crumpled up like an old receipt after nearly every fight. It'd be very selfish of him to hold onto cells that regenerative while shirking hero work to do useless human filler stuff like sleep or cook dinner for him and his mom.

Look, all I'm saying is Mark should be running on a big hamster wheel like in that comic about Superman being a transitional energy source

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

roomtone posted:

the thing is, nolan said he needed to stop holding back in that scene and it made me think, is the reason mark is so weak compared to other viltrumites, because he doesn't actually want to kill anybody? it's possible. i think it'd be a pretty weak conclusion to this issue, given how close he has been to death so MANY times, but it's possible.

They had some dumb technobabble from Cecil and Donald about how they'd measured her somehow and determined scientifically that she was going to beat his rear end real bad.

It was very dumb, but it seemed like the viewer is supposed to take it as true that she was much stronger than Mark no matter how hard he tried to kill her.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

They thought Stormfront wasn't what now.

Like, up until they find a big box of Stormfront's old poo poo that shows her hanging out with the Nazis, that guy was in the thread every week like, "There isn't enough evidence to say she's a Nazi. Maybe she's just a jerk."

People were using "Nazi" to mean like groyper troll in the thread, but it was :discourse: that she was literally a Nazi.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I very much enjoy the world devolving even further into a One-Punch Man-style universe where there is just a constant goofy thrum of super villainy where you beat up an invading Martian force and then the Sea People attack as soon as you're done and don't look now someone's woken the Mummy.

Pretty good episode. I'm unclear on why Mark didn't say anything to Eve at the end. I guess he's not into her and has too much poo poo going on to deal with it at the moment? I don't know if he's really obligated to address it; older Eve spent decades obsessed with looking for him after he went missing, but that doesn't mean younger Eve won't just get over him at some point.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is this following the comics that closely? I read a bunch of them years and years ago (I think I got up to Thraxis) and I don't remember a lot of this poo poo. That might just be my bad memory.