Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JT Smiley posted:

The only change that's bothered me is seeing Mark get bodied by his dad loses some impact when we've seen him get hosed up over and over in these 8 episodes. I don't remember Mark taking any serious damage in the comic until he took on his dad, which made the whole ordeal even more hosed up.

Well Battle Beast was always out of his league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zaphod42 posted:

(, and the good Clone Wars)

Both Clone Wars were good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Nevermind.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Takes No Damage posted:

Like others have said Levy is more a recurring villain than a series-wide Big Bad. I'm assuming they'll have him pop up and gently caress with Mark every few episodes and I'll be surprised if his story isn't resolved within this season. There will be plenty of other 'regular' superhero poo poo going on.

I doubt they will resolve Levy this season. Guy shows up too much over the comics for that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don’t think they seem particularly advanced, they are just very individually powerful and have used that bully everyone else around them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RareAcumen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jwL1lpkmRs

Look at their city. They've built space ships to cross the galaxy. They're pretty advanced, even if they don't have teleporters and ray guns.

Who’s to say they built all of that and didn’t just steal a lot of that from others. Viltrumites are perfectly capable of flying to other planets under their own power.

RareAcumen posted:

I imagine it's make more Viltrumites and keep expanding the empire?
From what Allen said they are known to believe in racial purity so making cross breeds with others is fairly unheard of. So their species should still grow at a fairly normal speed. (Given that they killed half of their own speices)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 20, 2023

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I read the comic of this little arc a couple days ago. It was pretty faithful with some fairly small changes. The most notable one is that Mark is less hostile towards his dad in the comics, I would guess because Nolan is less malicious in the comics when he turns. Other than that it's mainly just some extra details, like Nolan confirming with Mark that Nolan is his real name, Greyson was made up as Viltrumites don't have last names, it's legal on Viltrum to kill others because them dying proves they were too weak to live, and that Viltrumites operate in small groups of 4 or less.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Megillah Gorilla posted:

He could at least start by offering Mark a huge salary.

He has hosed up gaining his trust so many times, he needs to hire someone with people skills to interact with the Nolan family.

He does.

Also it's the Greyson family. (Even though Greyson was just something Nolan made up cause Viltrumite's don't have family names).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hughlander posted:

I think even an attempt at humor is punishable by death in their culture.

Well part of their culture is you can freely kill people for being weak. (Not spoilers this happened during the meeting with Nolan and when they started talking about the brother)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Phenotype posted:

How did Rex survive that? He got literally shot in the head. We saw the exit wound, even.

That's survivable.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Also they probably stole most of their tech from the planets they invaded over the millennia.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spanish Matlock posted:

That's the thing, though, they kill a bunch of bug people in a fight with other Viltrumites. They definitely don't care about killing them, but they also don't go out of their way to do it.

We never see what life is like for occupied planets. For all we know they're all high-functioning utopias. Optimus Prime rebelled, but we don't know why. Like what do the space gods do after they take over that sucks so much?

We saw them terrorizing Allen’s world.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Panfilo posted:

Did Vidor and Thula survive the fight with Nolan previously? We see that Viltrunites are incredibly resilient. In addition to being virtually impervious to injury from ion cannons and whatnot, even grievous wounds seem survivable. They also seem to have technology that can allow them to recover from severe injuries.

Probably, neither of their life threatening injuries looked as bad as Lucian’s and he was seen being carted off in what looked like medical tech.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I remembered correctly. The Unopans were under Viltramite rule for decades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrpZ4fipU-4

Panfilo posted:

Probably. He gets his head crushed when Nolan smashes his fists into both sides. This itself doesn't kill him immediately, he's seen staggering backwards but then when he falls down Nolan is crushing his head even further by jamming his boot on top of him.
Had he finished crushing his head I would think he is dead, but Nolan ran off to help Mark before finishing him off by utterly crushing the head.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 3, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The big difference was that Kate appeared to be dead a bit longer her evil brother Multi-Paul tries to kill Rex out of misplaced revenge and she comes back to stop him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Having just watched the season, can anyone name a more useless group than the faceless soldiers who rush into a room after the fighting is over and everyone is a bloody meat pulp? especially when the villains have a notable weakness to being shot with lots of bullets.

Funny enough that didn’t happen in the Rex fight aftermath in the comics. There another hero called Brit showed up instead (who has the power of invulnerability).

Apparently there might be some rights issues with Brit.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 5, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rubellavator posted:

what does spoiler free mean to you people

No spoilers for upcoming stuff have been posted on this page from checking.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

zoux posted:

There's a whole invinci-verse that Kirkman created, some of which only existed in the main book, but a bunch got their own books or limited series as Invincible became more and more popular. I don't expect that they're going to add in most of those characters, especially if they couldn't even use Science Dog.

Apparently Kirkman is resistant to giving Amazon universal rights to his characters even if they show up in Invincible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Takes No Damage posted:

Isn't this untrue specifically for Angstrom? Thought he gave the Brothers some throwarway line about how he was the only one who could dimension hop. Or I guess you could argue that even if he hooked up a billion of himself in those machines, infinity minus a billion still equals infinity.

Overall I'm feeling that S1 was done a lot better, moving around things to have the big Omni/Mark fight be the climax worked really well, it has a lot less impact in like issue 6 of the comic. But S2 seems to stick a lot closer to the print source, for worse in many cases.

From his experience he was the only version of himself with the dimension portal power he could find in worlds he existed in.