Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I know it's been a trope since the very first Spider-Man comics, but I'm really sick of "hero tries to attend college and have a regular girlfriend" bullshit.

Cecil needs to sit Mark down and tell him that poo poo is just not going to happen. Hell, offer him free tutors and private classes if he still wants to further his education - all government heroes should be getting that poo poo anyway.

They should be doing languages, crisis negotiations, electrical engineering, and all sorts of weaponry and military stuff. I assume special forces and secret agent types do training in all sorts of poo poo constantly, why wouldn't you want that for your supes?

Your strongest hero who might be called to save the world at a moment's notice should not be distracted by exam stress or worried about missing class.

Thats an excellent point. Why is Mark going to college? wtf is he going to do, graduate and get an office job? Work his way up to middle management? Any time not spent as Invincible has a literal million/billion dollar price tag

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Phenotype posted:

Would you rather live on Viltrum or Harkonnen Planet?

being a viltrumite would be way more fun than being a harkonnen, but being a slave sucks poo poo no matter what

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

TGG posted:

I've not bothered to look it up but aren't there less than like 500 hundred actual Viltrumites? Also they do not actually have a viable birth chance with many races, so Nolan managing 2 powered babys is loving stunning even if the dumb fucks would murder one of them out of weird racial purity poo poo. Thaedus dropped his super virus on the race and it pretty much made them extinct so they infiltrate planets, conquer them, see if they are power fuckable, if not they install a government and move on. I could completely be wrong, it's been ages and my brain is not working 100%

IIRC its something like 30 left. They want to colonize Earth because they've been looking for species they could use to repopulate their numbers with approximately the same power. Also they're incredibly long-lived, so waiting for a few years to win Mark over isn't a big deal

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I dont know if it was the release schedule or the content, but S2 felt extremely weak after S1. I genuinely hope they don't follow the same format with S3

Also I hope this is a final-final with Levy. I never really liked him as a villain, although the various comic book universe gags were funny.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Nephthys posted:

I have the feeling Nolan is probably going to get off much more lightly since I doubt the plot will allow real consequences for him.

Since it seems like the show is probably done with S3, I'd assume that Nolan has only the briefest of interactions with Cecil/Debbie/Earth, and then dies fighting viltrumites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

roomtone posted:

Why do you say that?

It's been on top of Prime's most watched list for weeks, I thought it was extremely popular and there is loads of material?

TIP posted:

kirkman says he's planning 7 to 8 seasons, covering the entire comic plus new stuff

there is loads of material, but a lot of it is bad. IMO it seems that if they're struggling to get 8 episodes out with this sort of quality, that pushing through multiple seasons after the first reorder seems unlikely

if they loosely follow the books, there's a couple good stepping off points in the upcoming arcs, I'd assume they would take them