Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Does she age normally when not a monster? If so, she's immortal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

Hamelekim posted:

She basically is, yeah. There are some interesting events with her and robot in the comic. I hope they actually get to it in the show.

I've read the comic myself, as I recall, she ends up as an adult with YUUUUGE cans!

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
The nitpicks about timelines and people being idiots and the writers being bad is good and normal. This kicked off because homeboy was complaining about Amber being a champagne sjw and that's why she was being unreasonable or poorly written. Then the argument ran so long people forgot why it started.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

pik_d posted:

I haven't read the comics, from what Flesnolk said it sounds like Amber gets 86ed in some way?

Speaking of which, what's the easiest way to read the comic? Is it on some site I can pay a monthly fee for, binge it, then cancel after a month? I've never bought individual comics and I'm absolutely not gonna start now.

or maybe dumps Mark differently

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
I thought the dorky security guard scene was actually pretty good and effective taken as played. It's also got the meta joke where obviously this guy's about to get flattened. Fun!

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Also the ball would almost instantly break up if accelerated to the speeds implied by the transit time.

https://youtu.be/cqidD7kVnxY

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I'm mid-way through the last episode and I have to say Omni-man's heel turn seems off. He's such a good father to Mark and husband to Debbie. Like he came across as genuine and not someone "faking" it.

It's like he's conflicted about his duty versus his family?

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
The Maulers seem completely amoral. Seems like they like to do mad science mostly. What were they up to S1, again?

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Mark did well against the Viltrimite lady, he just needs to be more ruthless than he normally is in fights.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

I think he also needs to train. Nolan emphasized ruthlessness to him but he also talked a lot about training. Mark never seems to train at all, despite indications that he could be a lot better if he did. Spending too much time on college work and girlfriends. Go lift some giant weights!

My head canon is that Viltrimites have a second puberty at like 50 years old where they bulk up and grow the stash.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
They cover that in the last episode where they show dramatizations of not Nolan fighting the creatures, and the space racer with his infinite gun. What is there to figure out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Viltrimites live for hundreds or thousands of years, I don't think she was supposed to be a particularly elderly person.