Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

lol. S2 ep2 was a lot

wow Dupli-kate sure likes getting around.

The whole Mark situation I like in how both sides have weight. I think yes, he should prioritize himself more, but also yes, let him concentrate on his work if he wants to. I think he is valid in he wants to prove himself. Like boohoo, high school graduation. Whatever. Its more balanced here, but reminds me of S1 with 'oh you were saving people, and got majorly beat up and badly injured, how dare you keep this from me, i'm the most hurt one here'

Totally forgot about the Maritan stuff last season.

New replacements taking the name of the former dead or retired heroes (old Guardians of the Globe) is a very common comic thing, so their spin on it here is cool

lol @ controlling rear end husband Debbie is showing a house to. This series definitely has a type.
Very invested in the Debbie storyline. Its good.

Called the whole thing with Eve and the playground. You're not an engineer Eve...surprised the building didn't break either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I'm so interested in Debbie's journey. Its all presented so well with no bs

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress that guy in the support group that broke the rules first and then got mad at Debbie

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i mean advanced compare to Earth of course, because earth sucks. But compared to every other planet we seen in the alliance that all seem to have space traveling tech. as well? Maybe a little more advanced.

what do they actually do with it once they actually conquer a planet?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

I imagine it's make more Viltrumites and keep expanding the empire?

thing is its mentioned they're about racial purity, so crossbreeding wouldn't be their goal either. and they went so far as to purge half their own population.
trying to 'cull the weak' and only keeping the strong doesn't make sense either, cause honestly, compared to them. EVERYONE is weak and should be killed. But Omni-man was talking about how they can cure cancer on earth (maybe i heard wrong, or bring their technology it was) and all that if they only just submit.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I’m surprised Mark didn’t fall for Plan A with the Seance Dog

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

wow, I know Omni-man got shook at the end of S1, but didn't think he would turn this fast. Expected them to draw it out a bit more, but cool, I'm with this lightning fast progressions

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

have to say, I don't care at all about the Atom Eve stuff we're being presented with so far. so mopey.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

if their lifespan is only a year, shouldn't it be like regular bugs and have many eggs and halfbug/half vitrumite brothers and sisters at once.
like she lays her eggs, and he fertilizes them up like fish.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

ok, i'm tired of these freaking mars squid things

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

wow, Mark sucks, does he ever do anything other than get beat up all the time.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

am interested in how they govern conquered planets. Would like most screen time in the alternate timelines.
I think its safe to say they will cull any born with disabilities if its not fixable with their technology, but what else? Wipe 'lesser evolved' ones like the bugs. Probably taxing the planet on goods I guess. Have to see how much flex or negotiations they're willing to budge on their policies. The other planets we seen seem to just be regular advanced tech. planets, none with mutants or crazy rng powers in the genetics.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

The bugs are gross and take over the brain though and kill the host

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

forgot that this was it for this season of episodes.
it definitely would have been a ride considering the whole 8 episodes as a package. Don't have a problem with the split and wait like some people seem to do.

I guess Cecil was right in giving Mark's family some privacy since Angstrom managed to do what he wanted and they didn't show up well after it was over. Guess that backfired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

rewatched Episode 1 of S1, yea still hits very strong. The line readings from everyone is so good.