Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Argue posted:

Pastiches of the Justice League are incredibly common in works that aren't by DC. Even Marvel has them. In fact, Marvel had two such teams, one of which was invented just to be dispatched, like this team.

Image Comics had multiples, too, of which this was only one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

It's a Kirkman thing where he has an okay decently edgy but not too much thing going on, then he goes all Negan and you get fatigued.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Bloody Pom posted:

I bet Viltrumite mustaches are like Saiyan hair. That poo poo is permanent.

So the whole thing is based on GT Vegetas moustache?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

ikanreed posted:

The viltrumites at least have the Sparta model of having servant races to run their economy for them. How the Saiyans managed to feed themselves is a mystery

They were mercenaries for the Hit...Freeza empire and eat what they kill.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Martman posted:

Yeah I'm trying to be upfront that I can't really blame the show as an adaptation. I think it accurately reflects Robert Kirkman stuff which it turns out becomes a problem for me pretty fast.

I agree. I really noticed in Walking Dead and Marvel zombies where it starts off strong with some really shocking stuff, then it spins its wheels for X amount of time, then shockingly kills someone you like, repeats. It also does the "this one shocking death should have happened but it didn't because they survived" thing. You just start to expect the same thing over and over after you start reading one of his series for too long.