Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

NO COMIC SPOILER ZONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bfAVpuko5o

Based on the comic book which ran from 2003-2017 Invincible is an hour long animated action series on Amazon Prime. The series follows teenager Mark Grayson who is the son of the superhero Omni-Man (think mustache Superman) as he comes into his own powers and becomes a superhero. Just a head's up, the comic could be super violent and trailers definitely made it seem like it is following in the same vein. The show will be following new standard Amazon Prime release schedule starting with 3 episodes and moving to weekly.

(some of the) Cast:
Steven Yeun as Mark Grayson / Invincible
J. K. Simmons as Nolan Grayson / Omni-Man
Sandra Oh as Debbie Grayson
Mark Hamill as Art Rosebaum
Seth Rogen as Allen the Alien
Gillian Jacobs as Samantha Eve Wilkins / Atom Eve

Like the thread title/top post states I would like this thread to avoid comic spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

First three episodes up now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

.Z. posted:

Well guess they aren’t going to shy away from the gore

Yeah, full on exploding a guy's head was definitely not something I expected to see.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I didn't see it that way. It seems like he really did try and just got his rear end beat into a coma. I mean Cecil was perfectly happy to assume that some supervillains did it. Him being there just raises more questions. I doubt anyone would have even suspected him at all if he wasn't there.

Yeah, Red Rush punching Nolan actually tears his costume and visibly injures him, so it seems safe to assume that he was doing some real damage.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The first couple of episodes had some cheap animation parts. Like Mark flying in episode one had some bits where they were just jiggling a still image over the background.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

Liking the adaptation so far but I gotta say that casting jason mantzoukas as Rex splode is just the absolute worst and most distracting thing. Just a terrible decision for so many reasons

I like the Zook but he just sounds weird as a teenager character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminder, when I said no book spoilers I meant no book spoilers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is EXTREMELY gory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

I haven’t seen Whiplash so this is maybe the best acting I’ve seen from JK Simmons

The best acting from JK Simmons is obviously Pigbaby from Infinity Train s4.