Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

GigaPeon posted:

Weird it showed up on my app as s2e2 but nobody was talking about it.

In the Apple TV Amazon app it’s e1 of S202. Maybe that’s what you saw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

In the latest episode the bug alien says he's taking Mark a couple galaxies away. Which is a hell of a distance for his dad to fly.

But I'm going to put that at the feet of the eternal inability of writers to understand the difference between star systems, galaxies and universes.

Which do you think is the worse for that?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

As with almost everything related to reproduction in sci-fi and fantasy the answer is: don't think about it, or it'll get weird.

Ah I see you too have read John Varley.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Just be glad it's not like Babylon 5...

Season 2 Episode 1 premiered November 2nd 1994. Season 2 Episode 22 premiered November 1, 1995. 364 days to air the season.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Sardikar posted:

"Yum Yum..."

Jesus loving wept!

That sure was an episode.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Vampire Panties posted:

Thats an excellent point. Why is Mark going to college? wtf is he going to do, graduate and get an office job? Work his way up to middle management? Any time not spent as Invincible has a literal million/billion dollar price tag

https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/2011-07-13

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

BioEnchanted posted:

I love Donald's reaction to being blown off, after begging him to make time he just barks at the rest of the room "EVERYBODY OUT NOW! I need the room." Screw Cecil's excuses, he's going to MAKE time.

I really enjoyed that scene, there's a steel in Donald that doesn't show on the exterior and I think people forget about that a lot even Cecil.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

if a lady Viltrumite wore a fake moustache as a sort of funny prank would she be summarily executed?

I think even an attempt at humor is punishable by death in their culture.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Aces High posted:

I'm curious if they're going to set her and Rex up. Also, I am liking all the stuff with Amber and Mark's relationship. You could argue that, in the comics, Amber was written a little more selfish and "demanding" of Mark's time. She's not wrong to want that, they're still kids at this point, so of course they're both a little selfish. There was never this kind of conversation in the comics, which is why a common acknowledgement about Amber in the show is that she feels like a real person instead of just "the girl Mark is with before he pairs up with his ~true love~"

A good episode. I still kinda wish they didn't split the season the way they have

The broken hearts in the latte hit just right. It should have been stupid but I liked it.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Holy poo poo, I didn't realize that Thaedus is voiced by a now 82 year old Optimus Prime!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I love the fact that the Viltrumite sales pitch is "We're going to give you medical supplies and prosperity, and we'll kill as many of you as possible to make it happen." :allears:

It's the Peacemaker pitch. I cherish peace with all of my heart. I don't care how many men, women and children I kill to get it.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Spanish Matlock posted:

It's crazy how different your perspective would be if you lived 2000 years, and I think the show really did a good job of making the comparison with the bugs. Like how far could any of the humans really care about an individual bug.

"Oh yeah that guy who dressed up as magic dog is dead now."

"Oh. Huh."

I mean that's how I feel about middle-age. "Growing up means watching everyone you ever saw on TV die." :rip: Lou Gossett Jr.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Aces High posted:

I mean, on principal, we probably shouldn't believe them, it's the same deal with Childhood's End

I thought Childhood's end is basically, "Humans are going to evolve no matter what, sucks for you born before then"

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Aces High posted:

Anyway, episode was good Speaking of taking more lines directly from the comics, I appreciate that they toned down Future Eve's declaration. In the comics, the way she was drawn it seemed like she was having a full on breakdown, which worked for how she tended to be written through the run, so I'm glad that this version was a little more controlled. You can tell how long she's been holding on to this, but 20 years is a long time and she's getting catharsis more than anything.

Was she as much of a Captain Marvel cosplay in that scene in the comics?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Levy would have been far more interesting if they ramped up how he could no longer tell which universe was which and made him a tragic figure, trying to save the universe but no longer able to tell what's real any more.

This was the Mark that disfigured him. This was the Mark that destroyed his Utopia. This was the Mark that had to pay.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Very disappointed his name is agent spider and not Arachnid-Man like I thought when I saw the A.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

BioEnchanted posted:

Also given the nature of his power (i haven't read the comics so this may not happen) Angstrom could always come back given there are infinite realities. Another version of Angstrom who's experiment succeeded could always come back if the plot demands it. Our Angstrom may have collapsed the waveform, but there were only a few hundred of him in that room when it went badly.

I mean there are an infinite number of Angstroms that can dimension hop, there's an infinite number of them where he was crippled by Invinicible, and an infinite number of them where dozens of him from an infinite number of other dimensions attacked Invincible every single month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

gently caress all those angstroms I want Dino angstrom

same.

Thinking of this more reminds me of John Scalzi's Old Man War books. FTL travel is impossible. Rather you go to one of an infinite number of parallel universes where you appear in the spot that you wanted to that isn't the same as the universe you left. But that's ok because chances are that a copy of you left that universe and appeared in the one you were born in. It's like the inverse transporter kills you and assembles a clone of you problem.