Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Thanks Ants posted:

Not Lewis winning a WDC is fine, just not Horner and/or Red Bull.

Which is why 2022 is going to be absolute poggers for our boy lando

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Aphex- posted:

Which is why 2022 is going to be absolute poggers for our boy lando

:hmmyes:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Lots of people not trusting el plan itt. Shameful.

Ocon WDC 2022, Alonso retires on a motorbike driving off towards the sunset, Piastri WDC with Alpine in 2023.

:cmon:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Chills

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

ewe2 posted:

Please don't use autism as a slur, I know exactly what word you're avoiding the use of because it would get you probed, regardless the inference is insulting and disgusting. Grow up.

If you see a slur then im sorry for you

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Dictator. posted:

Good morning everyone on day 1 of the Era of Max.

I slept very well knowing the best driver won the WDC.

Gasly didn't win the WDC though?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

If you see a slur then im sorry for you

Yeah you already said you don't see the hate for Max, we know

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Lets put this behind us now and look forward to Lando and Are Dan killing it next season...

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

refleks posted:

Lets put this behind us now and look forward to Lando and Are Dan killing it next season...

Inshallah

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi
I don't think it matters if you are a Lewis fan, Max fan or a neutral, that was a lovely end to a lovely season. Well done to Max on becoming WDC - he did nothing wrong yesterday. Commiserations to Lewis on not becoming WDC - he also did nothing wrong yesterday. However, the FIA need a long hard look at themselves. The WDC should be decided on the track not in the stewards office or even a court. There was absolutely no need to create this farcical situation, but throughout the entire season the decision making and lack of consistency has been appalling. I actually feel most sorry for Max in this because there are only 2 scenarios for him ...either his WDC is tainted by controversy or (very unlikely I believe) its taken off him by a court. Neither driver is to blame for that.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Happy frogman won.
Silverstone and that race where Bottas crashed into him were loving stupid. Chpionship shouldnt have been this close in the first place

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Andoman posted:

I don't think it matters if you are a Lewis fan, Max fan or a neutral, that was a lovely end to a lovely season. Well done to Max on becoming WDC - he did nothing wrong yesterday. Commiserations to Lewis on not becoming WDC - he also did nothing wrong yesterday. However, the FIA need a long hard look at themselves. The WDC should be decided on the track not in the stewards office or even a court. There was absolutely no need to create this farcical situation, but throughout the entire season the decision making and lack of consistency has been appalling. I actually feel most sorry for Max in this because there are only 2 scenarios for him ...either his WDC is tainted by controversy or (very unlikely I believe) its taken off him by a court. Neither driver is to blame for that.

A good and accurate post.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

FIA delanda est

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
None but the most obnoxious are going to hold this against him or care about the safety car or put an asterisk next to his name once even like… half a year has passed.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Andoman posted:

I actually feel most sorry for Max in this because there are only 2 scenarios for him ...either his WDC is tainted by controversy or (very unlikely I believe) its taken off him by a court. Neither driver is to blame for that.
lol Max doesn’t care if you feel sorry for him. Did you hear his voice over comms after he won?

The fan fiction that he will somehow need to come to terms with the fact that he won a “tainted” championship and somehow thus be karmicly punished is pure sour grapes. Winning is winning. Even if they did take it away from him in court (lmao if anyone is counting on this), it won’t take away the feeling of pulling off that last lap overtake and winning on the track. He’s a champion. Come to terms with it and stop posting cringe.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I trust El Plan

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Anyone post about this yet? New sporting regs next year just got announced based on the latest data on audience engagement and driver safety. I dunno if it'll please everyone but there are some good points:

Qualification has been streamlined, with the Sunday starting grid decided in two rounds. First round is decided by which team boss manages to generate the most beef with the FIA (most beef in front, bottom 10 eliminated). The second round is the penalty round where the FIA reacts to the beef and assigns grid penalties. Following the success of the 2021 Spa and Abu Dhabi experiments, the race will then proceed under safety car for the minimum number of laps before a one-lap "shootout" where the leading car benefits from 50% less grip (to ensure motor racing). The real race winner is then decided by a televised court proceeding before the drivers are herded back to their communal house for another week of dramatic roommate squabbles and romantic intrigue

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Max, on reflection will feel great sadness, unworthiness and emptiness knowing that in the end he needed help from the officials to defeat frail long covid survivor Lewis Hamilton.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Max is a fraud WD"C" who won thanks to Netflix.

RBR will come into 2022 with a fail engine and win formula 1.5

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

spaceblancmange posted:

Max, on reflection will feel great sadness, unworthiness and emptiness knowing that in the end he needed help from the officials to defeat frail long covid survivor Lewis Hamilton.
lmao

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

We are #blessed he is still with us.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I look forward to Ferrari being competitive next year and Charles pulling lots of dive-bomb manoeuvres on Max for Horner to get upset about

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Pirate Radar posted:

None but the most obnoxious are going to hold this against him or care about the safety car or put an asterisk next to his name once even like… half a year has passed.

There are some in this thread that still bemoan that Are Rossie only won the title because Lewis had an unreliable car that kept breaking down... even though he had only 2 DNFs in that year

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Thanks Ants posted:

I look forward to Ferrari being competitive next year and Charles pulling lots of dive-bomb manoeuvres on Max for Horner to get upset about

I also look forward to sharls getting in pointless crashes and being thoroughly beat by carlos

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

max's cumulative punishments he escaped this season is what made it close

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I also look forward to sharls getting in pointless crashes and being thoroughly beat by carlos

I think you're getting your Charlies mixed up here, Sharl is destined to be the most handsome multiple WDC of all time.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

all the cowards coming out of the woodwork to cry about being persecuted by mean lewis fans is definitely one of the funniest outcomes of a max win.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I think what is getting lost here was the legendary effort Checo put in to bridge his teammate back into it.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He did a great job slowing Lewis down in a way that Bottas has never been able to do, but the Merc quickly pulled a big lead out again. Barring a mechanical issue Lewis was on for the win until the SC.

I'd love to see Checo put a WDC challenge together next year but I think Red Bull will be doing team orders from round one.

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I think what is getting lost here was the legendary effort Checo put in to bridge his teammate back into it.

Checo is a quality team player

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Yes, Checo is good at going slow.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The only way the FIA can be forgiven is if they start letting Ferrari do blatantly illegal things again. That'll balance out the karma.

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Khablam posted:

Merc had a significant straight line advantage in the early races. I forget the race (China?) where Max using DRS wasn't enough to do more than hold position behind botass for 20 laps. The RBR was often much better in the corners which gave Max single lap pace, but there's less value for it in most races as you'll just get passed on the straights and not be able to pass back.
Red bulls mid season update to their aero brought their top speeds to a similar level and then it looked to be about 50/50 between them based on tracks visited.
Merc protested the wing and it was deemed legal, only for the FIA to write a new rule which the wing would subsequently fail post Baku. RBR had no dev credits left, so from then on they're forced into a compromised package for low downforce as they could only use a downgrade.
For the last 5 races the Merc, through engine changes and other factors, were as dominant again as the were in 2020 or 2019.

Over the full season there's not a lot to choose between the cars. Max won because he was consistent, being at worst second in any race he wasn't bowled off the track by Mercedes or pirelli. HAM had several off form moments (Monaco, Austria, Turkey and BAKU) where he seemed to prefer to throw the team under the bus than limit the damage more fully.

ilmucche posted:

This is a good post

This is a terrible post; like most Khablam posts it is not rooted in reality. This post comes from an alternate universe where China is still hosting motor races instead of starting pandemics.

Andoman posted:

This was decided on track, and the winner was announced as soon as the race ended. Just because Mercedes is huffing and puffing and whining and appealing doesn't mean any of that is rooted in reality either. The race director followed the regulations, the stewards confirmed it already; Mercedes are crazy if they think an appeal is going to change anything.

straight up brolic posted:

The fan fiction that he will somehow need to come to terms with the fact that he won a “tainted” championship and somehow thus be karmicly punished is pure sour grapes. Winning is winning. Even if they did take it away from him in court (lmao if anyone is counting on this), it won’t take away the feeling of pulling off that last lap overtake and winning on the track. He’s a champion. Come to terms with it and stop posting cringe.

This is a good post. Lewis lost, Max won, Mercedes need to accept it and move on. Even Ferrari were more gracious in defeat. I recall Lewis being in this situation before, tied on points and the other guy had one more race win that season. That time it worked out for him, this time it didn't. Better luck next time.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Checo is adorable. Give me Lando/Checo/Ricciardo podiums next year and I'll be happy.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Deltasquid posted:

Lots of people not trusting el plan itt. Shameful.

Ocon WDC 2022, Alonso retires on a motorbike driving off towards the sunset, Piastri WDC with Alpine in 2023.

:cmon:

Thanks Ants posted:

I trust El Plan

finally, some good posts in here

stoopiduk
Nov 11, 2021

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

This was excellent and a race highlight, but did it matter in the end?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I'm glad masi managed to limp red bull over the line for this and they wasted all that effort on a dead formula. imagine the excuses next year when they're making their own engines

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

stoopiduk posted:

This was excellent and a race highlight, but did it matter in the end?

I think it put Lewis outside of the zone where it is safe to pit under a safety car (gap between Max and Lewis was small enough that Max would have come out in front of Lewis had Lewis pitted) so indirectly, it helped Max clinch the win by making Mercedes choose to leave Lewis out twice on the same set of hards

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
It took him the whole race but sportsman Lewis eventually gave the position back to Max.

I really enjoyed the opinions of Jense and Nico, they have great chemistry. Also Nicos luscious locks, phwoaaar

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Dec 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

rpop posted:

This is a terrible post; like most Khablam posts it is not rooted in reality. This post comes from an alternate universe where China is still hosting motor races instead of starting pandemics.
I was thinking of Bahrain.