Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Zedhe Khoja posted:

the Parasocial Playhouse where we discuss all of our favorite parasocial activities we engage in to fight off the grim specters of death, despair, and loneliness. Twitch streamers, youtubers, podcasts, e-girls, e-boys, etc.
:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 386 days!

Stairmaster posted:

lets have a sub forum to talk about gundam

YonKnave
Jun 23, 2010
a lib subforum for liberals where whoever posts gets an autoban

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
A sub entirely dedicated to ramen.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 386 days!
Close the trump thread, do not replace with a subforum

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MorrisBae posted:

D&D gets their own subforum to cosplay people they hate (blacks)

a darwin award-winning post if ever there was one

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

tenderjerk posted:

:hmmno:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

PawParole posted:

Jeff ( I call him Jeff because we’re such close friends) said that we can get a sub-forum but I need ideas on what the theme will be.

I’m thinking a sub forum wholly devoted to Turump (sailor threads, Barron threads).

Thank You!

I think a more distilled trump subforum would be pretty nice, like double distilled trump

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
dungeons and dragons

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Zisky posted:

A sub entirely dedicated to semen.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
how about a subform where people can make threads dedicated to their local politicians

you can replace one d with a t in that previous sentence and that would also work

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

a subforum with 1 thread per ideology and they fight

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

a sub forum for values center generative discussion with the goal of envisioning better futures even if they're "impossible" with the following rules:

• post either statements of value based positive imagination like "in my perfect world we will have mitigated and adapted to climate change" or statements imagining the integration of other positive value based statements like "as we adapt to the changing climate we could take that opportunity to right the environmental justice wrongs of the past"

• use self scoping language like "in my perfect world..." or "i'd imagine the america i would be proud of would do..."

• purposefully ignore the practical, so please refrain from bringing things back to reality.

• focus on additive integration of conflicting values, imagine how we can do both rather than which one should win.

• try to use positive description rather than negative, so like "everyone has comfortable and safe homes" rather than "no homelessness", but for things like "no racism" or "no capitalists" it can be ok if used sparingly

the goal is to free the group to imagine a social system shaped entirely by their shared values and what elements and interactions between those values provide the key structures. it is critical to purposefully ignore the restrictions on the possible so that the latent structure of the shared group values can be understood. in future sub-forums we would then address squeezing these imagined social systems into paths of social change from our current reality, and what elements are critical and must be centered and what elements can be sheared in the process of making it real.

this kind of group generative dialogue can be applied to all levels of social systems, so the world, down to the individual. for the subforum i'd suggest we keep things less personal and don't have threads for individuals.

but we could have threads for the world, different countries, the forums, the internet, anime, the subforum itself, etc

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

a sub forum of just "ITT we're..." threads

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

tenderjerk posted:

At the very least rename it to the Republican thread now that Trump's gone.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
my idea for a subforum would be a middle ground where i can discuss the complexities of circumcision without getting offended from any of my fellow circumcised men.

i know i'll piss some off but what i'm talking about is the mentality that we're doing a better job of caring for our kids than they deserve or could do for themselves if they were in our position.

these are the dumbed down arguments.

"every child is different" "the foreskin is a touch point for your child" i could go on and on.

it's basically a bunch of gut -

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
my idea for a subforum is basically to showcase resources that can be useful to subbing in general.

if you're a sub who is too sick to sub that day, or a sub who never subbed, don't fret. please tell us in your story how this topic has helped you.

there are many resources available online (some paid, some free) and i've tried to provide links to some of them for those of you who might be curious.

the more exposure that subbing gets, the more others will see and try out.

(no doubt i can think of many other ways i

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
i suggest we create a subforum for each thread, and post it. i'll update the subforum here on reddit. it's mostly possible because we don't know the 'rules' for a forum.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

A subforum for long form posting.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
A subforum for the QCS crew who can't stand that CSPAM exists and get really upset about gang tags

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Gringostar posted:

how about a subform where people can make threads dedicated to their local politicians

:popeye:

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Vim Fuego posted:

A subforum for the QCS crew who can't stand that CSPAM exists and get really upset about gang tags

They have a CSPAM helldump channel in the USPOL discord already they don't need a devoted subforum.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
make dnd (the forum that gets half the users of cspam) the subforum. move its subforums up to be on par with dnd

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the dems/glenn greenwald/genocide threads should have their own subforum with full moderation autonomy, where they can practice leftist kata on each other to their hearts content, and have their own qcs threads to go hog wild in

we could call it succ-spam or maybe laissez courir or périnée faire, i dunno i think we'd need somebody who speaks french to come up with a proper bilingual pun

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

qanon forum duh

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
bring back paranormal/conspiracy

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
a forum where all threads follow thunderdome rules

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
A subforum for discussing the politics of Star Trek Wars.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Elephanthead posted:

A subforum for discussing the politics of Star Trek Wars.

sadly necessary, since the scifiwifi Prequeldome thread got shut down over the controversial issue over whether some of the prominent aliens in Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace were stereotypes

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

40000 posts about if replicators make the labor theory of value obsolete

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

QUEER FRASIER posted:

it’s also a useful way to see the U.S’ class composition and what a horrible place to live the U.S. is in general- one of my favorite 90DF tropes is people discovering that their American spouse lives a very no-frills low-income situation and wanting out, or realizing that they will be 10000x happier back in the DR or Ukraine than they will be in loving suburban Nebraska

:hmmyes:

A 90DF thread would be nice, there is already one in GBS I think?

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Zedhe Khoja posted:

I think my favorite was the Turkish dude from Antalya (seriously google it), who was going to move to America for a cornfed Nebraskan lady. At some point the woman's freeper mother asked him not to stone her daughter to death. I think he leaves almost immediately.

Short story: He ends up staying

Long story: He returns to Turkey then decides to come back the day of his visa expiring and they get married.

He definitely gets bullied by his oldest son-in-law.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Zedhe Khoja posted:

the Parasocial Playhouse where we discuss all of our favorite parasocial activities we engage in to fight off the grim specters of death, despair, and loneliness. Twitch streamers, youtubers, podcasts, e-girls, e-boys, etc.

This should happen, let's be honest with ourselves and have this subforum

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Have a "megathreads" subforum; maybe that would stimulate some new threads and jokes and stuff on the top level.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

subforum for leftists so I don't have to post in this loving lib shitshow. call it dspam

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

alarumklok posted:

subforum for leftists so I don't have to post in this loving lib shitshow. call it dspam

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

criticism and analysis subforum where you can only make threads about
- Books about left theory or history
- Bottom of the barrel pop culture stuff

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
A sub with only one thread, and it's a merger of both the Trump and the Glenn Greenwald threads.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

a sub for theory called Dialectics & Dengism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

alarumklok posted: