Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
lol they think he's worse than trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he's way more annoying

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

So they are mad because hes rich? Oooookay.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

strategery posted:

So they are mad because hes rich? Oooookay.

sup elon can i dm you my paypal

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

i say swears online posted:

sup elon can i dm you my paypal

Nah just dm any of the other multi-millionaire actor/sports/mucisian/politician hosts your paypal.

strategery fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 1, 2021

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ughhhhh

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1388608259255377920?s=20

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I feel like he’s just going to wander off in the middle of the monologue and never come back.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

strategery posted:

Nah just dm any of the other multi-millionaire actor/sports/mucisian/politician hosts your paypal.

https://twitter.com/salqt0/status/1388608807006244871?s=21

pwn
May 27, 2004

In non-bootlicker news, this

https://twitter.com/monettem97/status/1388228140569403394?s=21

Lol

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh yeah: Tonight’s Vintage is Taraji P. Henson with Carey Mulligan’s Husband & Sons from April 11 2015. The regular repeat is Nick Jonas.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

idgi :confuoot:

pwn
May 27, 2004

The pitch meeting is Monday morning, where the cast and host get a feel for what will be done on the show. The rest of Monday and Tuesday is spent writing, and then the best pieces are culled from the Wednesday table read.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Is everyone on the same page in assuming he's going to be wooden, stare at the cue cards obviously, have a stupid smirk the whole time, and deliver the lines with just about zero emotion?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Am I missing something, or is the last time that happened when Andrew "Dice" Clay showed up and Nora Dunn and the musical guest Sinead O'Connor both noped-out?

This may promise to be the Model S of comedy. Especially the exploding part.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Lol his other two ideas are him playing iron man (of course) and him as The Godfather. The man has seen three films, and they’re the three most obvious films he could have seen. He also of course sees himself as the main characters of all three. This is going to be heinous

Edit: also “woke James Bond” was a bit The Critic already did in the mid-90s

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://twitter.com/reddsaidit/status/1388673395403993089?s=21

To add to the previous ones. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cast so hostile to a host prior to his/her appearance. Has Lorne been pressured into this somehow?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

pwn posted:

The pitch meeting is Monday morning, where the cast and host get a feel for what will be done on the show. The rest of Monday and Tuesday is spent writing, and then the best pieces are culled from the Wednesday table read.

I guess no one told him either... :laugh:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1388611645560262660?s=21

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://twitter.com/reddsaidit/status/1388673395403993089?s=21

To add to the previous ones. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cast so hostile to a host prior to his/her appearance. Has Lorne been pressured into this somehow?

lol good god

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

You guys make fun of that scene from Studio 60 but it’s real.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I’m really hoping everyone else bails, so it is Musky, a random camera guy, and a hand-drawn cardboard cutout improvising their way through such future classics as ‘Irony Man’, ‘Woke James Bond’, and Irony Man 2’

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'I was fine doing sketches about how silly and fun Donald Trump is, but Elon Musk?! How dare you!' is such a weird hill for SNL people to die on though. Like, yea he sucks poo poo but you gave Trump the sloppiest blowjob possible before the election because it was good ratings and now you want us to think there's some kinda moral standards in the writer's room/cast?

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

'I was fine doing sketches about how silly and fun Donald Trump is, but Elon Musk?! How dare you!' is such a weird hill for SNL people to die on though. Like, yea he sucks poo poo but you gave Trump the sloppiest blowjob possible before the election because it was good ratings and now you want us to think there's some kinda moral standards in the writer's room/cast?

No one in the history of the world has ever learned from a mistake

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

sexpig by night posted:

Like, yea he sucks poo poo but you gave Trump the sloppiest blowjob possible before the election because it was good ratings and now you want us to think there's some kinda moral standards in the writer's room/cast?
I dunno about the writers but only 9 of the ~20 current cast members were in the cast for the Trump episode.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Let’s not pretend that anybody but the CHUDiest MAGA CHUD actually thought Trump was anything other than an also-ran in Fall 2015.

I think it’s very likely that Lorne actually lost a bet or is otherwise being forced to book this rear end in a top hat, because the cast has seemingly been given blessing to publicly slag the host, which is something that doesn’t happen (see: Donald Trump in 2015.) Lorne’s people are loyal.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
It is very possible Lorne put his foot down and forced everyone to fall in line, smile, and perform with Trump, especially since NBC helped make Trump such a star and household name. But in the years since, that episode has been rightfully criticized and trashed (because it is trash), and maybe Lorne has let up with his iron fist as a result. Remember, this is a guy who forces the most seasoned professionals to read off cue cards, who disapproves of any improvisation (despite casting mostly improv-trained comedians), and withholds feedback and praise to keep the cast from getting too confident or comfortable, so normally he runs a pretty tight ship.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

It is very possible Lorne put his foot down and forced everyone to fall in line, smile, and perform with Trump, especially since NBC helped make Trump such a star and household name. But in the years since, that episode has been rightfully criticized and trashed (because it is trash), and maybe Lorne has let up with his iron fist as a result. Remember, this is a guy who forces the most seasoned professionals to read off cue cards, who disapproves of any improvisation (despite casting mostly improv-trained comedians), and withholds feedback and praise to keep the cast from getting too confident or comfortable, so normally he runs a pretty tight ship.

I have never read or heard anything about Lorne that has even once implied he's emotionally, physically, or spiritually capable of 'letting up with his iron fist', though.

pwn
May 27, 2004

It’s not possible to do the show without cue cards, memorizing 10+ sketches before dress and then memorizing changes being made up to air is not something even the most seasoned professionals can do. Many hosts come in from a world of films and stage plays where they think they must memorize pages of dialogue, that doesn’t cut it in this show. Whereas the guy who has overseen 41 seasons of live sketch comedy may know what he’s talking about.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also yea as fun as it is to poo poo on Lorne his cue card stuff is a rare genuinely intelligent thing to be obsessed with in his business, memorizing every single bit is next to impossible and you can't actually just say 'uh, improv goes here' when half the cast are just normal standup types and the host is probably some movie person.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Or Charles Barkley.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

GreenNight posted:

Or Charles Barkley.

After seeing him on SNL, I realized that every commercial with him is so heavily edited that he never says more than two words together in a cut...

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He's fantastic off the cuff on Inside the NBA though, but yes. He's not an actor.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1389294024897531908

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Love Keegan and he’s a good sketch actor. Let’s hope the writing doesn’t let him down. Maybe Peele will guest in the writers room that week and cameo!

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

sexpig by night posted:

also yea as fun as it is to poo poo on Lorne his cue card stuff is a rare genuinely intelligent thing to be obsessed with in his business, memorizing every single bit is next to impossible and you can't actually just say 'uh, improv goes here' when half the cast are just normal standup types and the host is probably some movie person.

And you can also tell that they're not always straight reading off the cue cards, quite a bit of it is memorized. Even if it's not, the exact wording isn't always super important.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’d like to see Lil Nas in some sketches.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god incorporate lil nas x into every possible scene please

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

hanales posted:

Love Keegan and he’s a good sketch actor. Let’s hope the writing doesn’t let him down. Maybe Peele will guest in the writers room that week and cameo!

Key and Peele is timeless but I'm really wondering if he has a good agent or not. I haven't really enjoyed him in his TV/movie work afterwards, but it always seem like they don't know what to do with him.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Thundercracker posted:

Key and Peele is timeless but I'm really wondering if he has a good agent or not. I haven't really enjoyed him in his TV/movie work afterwards, but it always seem like they don't know what to do with him.

There was this moment, after K&P ended, where I was like "poor Peele, sucks to have played Obama because now actual Obama is playing himself opposite Key..." and it seemed like he got left behind in the fame-game. Then Peele made a bunch of critically acclaimed films and won a bunch of prestigious awards while Key was making Predator and doing commercials. That flip-flopped quickly.
:shrug:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah if you asked me during early K&P it'd be Key that would go on to have the much more successful career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
For anyone who hasn't seen it: Keanu is the actual finale to K&P.