Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Has everybody logged in by July 7th to get their freebie bidoof themed stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Holy hell its Bidoof on all platforms

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Yeah they're really leaning into the bidoof meme.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

OP has been updated for Chilling Reign and I've asked a mod to change the title.

So, what's everyone been playing in this new meta? I've been enjoying Blastoise VMAX :

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Marshadow UNB 81
* 1 Mew PR-SM 215
* 3 Blastoise V PR-SW 101
* 4 Sobble CRE 41
* 4 Drizzile SSH 56
* 1 Inteleon SSH 58
* 2 Inteleon CRE 43
* 3 Blastoise VMAX PR-SW 103

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Escape Rope BST 125
* 3 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 1 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 3 Melony CRE 146
* 1 Telescopic Sight VIV 160
* 1 Air Balloon SSH 156
* 3 Boss's Orders SHF 58
* 3 Level Ball BST 129
* 3 Professor's Research SHF 60
* 2 Marnie SSH 169
* 3 Path to the Peak CRE 148
* 1 Capacious Bucket RCL 156

##Energy - 11

* 11 Water Energy Energy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online https://www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
Here's the Sandaconda Big Sand Cannon list I've been running, based on this deck, but using what cards I have:

##Pokémon - 12

* 3 Silicobra SSH 107
* 1 Silicobra BST 81
* 4 Sandaconda BST 82
* 4 Gossifleur SSH 20

##Trainer Cards - 21

* 4 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 4 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 4 Energy Recycler BST 124
* 1 Misty's Favor UNM 202
* 1 Brock's Grit TEU 135
* 2 Level Ball AOR 76
* 4 Green's Exploration UNB 175
* 1 Rosa CEC 204

##Energy - 27

* 27 Fighting Energy SWSHEnergy 6

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online https://www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

It's easy to play, but it's very much you either got it, or you don't. Very vulnerable to hand disruption, like Reset Stamp or Marnie, but it's all worth it when you one-shot Arceus, Dialga, and Palkia on turn two.

Something I underestimated was how in-demand Rosa is, I got lucky and was able to get a trade for 3 Shining Fates packs, but now I see them going for 4 or so Chilling Reign packs.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I don't play Pokémon tcg but I did see all these new Pikachu cards https://www.pokebeach.com/2021/07/25th-anniversary-pikachu-cards-revealed-including-surfing-pikachu-v-birthday-pikachu-pikachu-v-union

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Those are some fat pikachu.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Well, V-Union certainly turned out to be something different from what I was expecting when I saw the trademark mentioned earlier on that site (I thought it was going to be the same as Tag Team). I'll put Pokebeach into the OP since it seems to be the main news site for the game. There sure are a lot of Anniversary products coming out later this year.

The ladder rewards changed back to Standard earlier this week, with 2 x Zamazenta V and 1 x Marnie (full art) up for grabs. Zamazenta V sees some play as a tech card and Marnie is a staple draw supporter in a huge number of decks.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
Full art Marine for the Players Cup IV with code PC4YOURCHOICE:

Mmtheblue fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jul 18, 2021

Kord
Jul 19, 2021

Mmtheblue posted:

Full art Marine for the Players Cup IV with code PC4YOURCHOICE:

I found this code on PTCGO Store and it works. I wrote them an email and they said the the code is available only for 50.000 players who will redeem it first. Pokemon is getting free code cards almost every month. Let's see what they will get us next month beside new set Evolution Skies :jerky:

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Mmtheblue posted:

Here's the Sandaconda Big Sand Cannon list I've been running, based on this deck, but using what cards I have:

##Pokémon - 12

* 3 Silicobra SSH 107
* 1 Silicobra BST 81
* 4 Sandaconda BST 82
* 4 Gossifleur SSH 20

##Trainer Cards - 21

* 4 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 4 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 4 Energy Recycler BST 124
* 1 Misty's Favor UNM 202
* 1 Brock's Grit TEU 135
* 2 Level Ball AOR 76
* 4 Green's Exploration UNB 175
* 1 Rosa CEC 204

##Energy - 27

* 27 Fighting Energy SWSHEnergy 6

Total Cards - 60

It's easy to play, but it's very much you either got it, or you don't. Very vulnerable to hand disruption, like Reset Stamp or Marnie, but it's all worth it when you one-shot Arceus, Dialga, and Palkia on turn two.

Something I underestimated was how in-demand Rosa is, I got lucky and was able to get a trade for 3 Shining Fates packs, but now I see them going for 4 or so Chilling Reign packs.

I've had a version of this from 1-2 expansions ago that I pull out to do Fighting dailies and it's great for that. I need to finish leveling up my Faerie type before rotation hits but all I have is a zero energy Alolan Ninetales deck, which gets the job done but it takes a while sometimes. And I'm not trading for Faeire cards because they're all rotating in a month.

I still can't get over how many cards this game releases each year. The next main set is coming on August 27th, or just over two months after Chilling Reign!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Kalko posted:

I still can't get over how many cards this game releases each year. The next main set is coming on August 27th, or just over two months after Chilling Reign!

Wasn't mtg pretty bad recently with sheer volume of cards? I recall seeing some bitching about it on a discord someplace. Also hi thread I still exist, just haven't had time to pop open tcgo and am kinda biding my time until Evolving Skies. Hopefully the promise of eevees doesn't drive up the scalping again. Last I knew prices were coming down some? I'm actually more interested in a shot at the pretty rayray cards in the set instead.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Turbinosamente posted:

Wasn't mtg pretty bad recently with sheer volume of cards? I recall seeing some bitching about it on a discord someplace. Also hi thread I still exist, just haven't had time to pop open tcgo and am kinda biding my time until Evolving Skies. Hopefully the promise of eevees doesn't drive up the scalping again. Last I knew prices were coming down some? I'm actually more interested in a shot at the pretty rayray cards in the set instead.

Is that where all of those nice full-art Japanese Eevees posted on Reddit all the drat time are going to be in?

I just got back into this after 20 years with Chilling Reign (and Vivid Voltage) and I’m having a really good time.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Turbinosamente posted:

Magic is going nuts with monthly releases now.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

IG-88 posted:

Is that where all of those nice full-art Japanese Eevees posted on Reddit all the drat time are going to be in?

I just got back into this after 20 years with Chilling Reign (and Vivid Voltage) and I’m having a really good time.

For the most part. I think some got cut in the transition from Eevee Heroes to Evolving Skies. I don't know if there's any official confirmation of what's in ES or if it's still all internet speculation and people freaking out at the size of the set and the amount of super rares in it. I don't actively seek out that info, what I know is through osmosis (stumbling across it in discord) and I have no idea what the thread policy on "spoilers" is anyways.

And monthly for MTG? Lol glad I got out of that. I enjoyed playing that game more but was having trouble keeping up with all the new mechanics, especially when they get reduced to one word on the card and you gotta go look up what it means because you didn't keep up with every single update. Sold all my crap as bulk to a goon willing to overpay for it and kept a couple pretty cards and my artist proofs because none of my friends play irl anymore.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Post all the spoilers you like!

Speaking of which, it looks like Fusion Arts (September release in Japan) will introduce the third Battle Style : Fusion. Mew VMAX is great, but I was hoping we'd have a VMAX for my favourite Pokemon, Mewtwo, by now seeing as how the Tag Team version is rotating soon. I guess the V-UNION one is coming out but it remains to be seen how playable it'll be.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
So they reprinted Zacian V in Genesect but made it a bit worse

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

What do I have to get if I want one of those base set Pikachu re-draws?

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

What do I have to get if I want one of those base set Pikachu re-draws?

If you're talking about the first seven or so on this page they're in Japan's 25th anniversary set so they'll probably be in the western one as well. I think they're calling it Pokemon Celebrations here and I guess October 8th is the release day from what I'm seeing.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Sweet, thanks.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
No problem. I like the extended art base pikachu as well, but don't know how deep I'll go in on Celebrations. I'll see what my mood is like after Evo Skies and whether Celebrations get hyped/scalped to death. I didn't bother with Shining Fates because my LGS follows market pricing for a lot of stuff and lol at $120 for an ETB of that.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

Full-art Crobat V with code DARKASSETPC4 for the Players Cup IV finals, redeem by 8/9, 25k limit:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mmtheblue posted:

Full-art Crobat V with code DARKASSETPC4 for the Players Cup IV finals, redeem by 8/9, 25k limit:

Very cool, thanks.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

D’oh, already hit the limit.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I really don't get why they're setting 25k limits on redemptions

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

mfcrocker posted:

I really don't get why they're setting 25k limits on redemptions

FOMO?

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Actually I logged in now and they did send me one so maybe it wasn’t sold out.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

lets gooooo

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

IG-88 posted:

lets gooooo

That card is equal parts hilarious and cute.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Ooh, there’s going to be a code distribution for a golden Quick Ball this weekend

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

With Evolving Skies right around the corner, are any of you guys picking up any boxes?

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

IG-88 posted:

With Evolving Skies right around the corner, are any of you guys picking up any boxes?

I'll nab a prerelease kit and probably one booster box when full release happens and open both. Dunno if I've posted about it here but I have more fun opening things to see what I get and if I get the hot poo poo cards, I get the hot poo poo cards: I'm not sinking big bucks into chasing them any more. Since Battle Styles was so screwy from a collector's stand point and I wound up with what felt like more duplicate commons than normal from it I think I'm better off limiting myself to one box as well. Sometimes a cool promo on a collection box sways me, but I haven't bought many of those either recently because I can't just swing by target or walmart on the way home and grab one. Lately its been only the LGS that has stock on the shelves consistently, it's just out of my way a to go there all the time. Helps me keep a slightly better budget at least.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Yeah, I’m probably buying 1 booster box and a 2 pack of the ETBs. I’ll do that and then buy singles of whatever I want. I ended up doing that with the gold Snorlax from Chilling Reign. gently caress that chase.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Oh yeah, it is really close. Guess I won't be maxing my faerie type daily challenge bar before all the cards rotate.

Here's the full spoiler for Evolving Skies : https://www.pokebeach.com/2021/08/evolving-skies-english-set-list-over-90-cards-cut

I'm really going to miss Mewtwo & Mew GX. I'm really not going to miss ADP.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

IG-88 posted:

Yeah, I’m probably buying 1 booster box and a 2 pack of the ETBs. I’ll do that and then buy singles of whatever I want. I ended up doing that with the gold Snorlax from Chilling Reign. gently caress that chase.

I'm avoiding singles at the moment because even though it's technically more cost effective overall, I'm having a harder time justifying $80 or $100 for a single card in my mind. I'm also terrible at speculation; cards I think will go up in value don't or cards I think will come down don't so I don't get in on the ground floor of anything when I try to do so.

This inability of mine works the other way too, I almost hosed up and sold my special delivery pikachu when they first came out and were a mere $35 on ebay. Thank God I never got around to listing it, although I still think the art's kinda lame.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I just got back into the cards a couple months ago after basically 20 years. My dad tossed my binder with first editions and all the good poo poo. I feel like this is me having some sort of midlife crisis or whatever.

I’m trying to finish a Snorlax collection and I also finished the amazing art collection that is pretty drat sweet. (You can get the set for like 20-30 off of TCGplayer)

You can check out the set here: https://www.denofgeek.com/games/pokemon-trading-card-game-new-amazing-rares/

If any of you guys have some of the more high profile Snorlax cards and are looking to unload, let me know. (Team Rocket’s Snorlax and the Staff promos to be exact)

Edit: not gonna lie, I wish I had committed to one of my other favorites to complete — Mr. Mime would’ve been so much easier.

IG-88 fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 14, 2021

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
The golden quick ball is available with 25THANNIVCHAMPIONS

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Where do you go to find this info? Thanks by the way, you rock.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I did complete a full set of Whimsicott cards but that's easy as piss. Was going to go for other language variants but balked at 20 bucks for a Whimsicott gx from italy. I got French and probably fake Korean though.

Kinda directionless in collecting atm (which is why I'm leaving it to chance) but I love the alt arts and the way they fancied up the ultra rares for sun and moon. I like XY sets a whole lot less, and they look off to me. Particularly how dark a pink the fairy type background color is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

IG-88 posted:

Where do you go to find this info? Thanks by the way, you rock.

I look at Serebii most days. It doesn't tend to pay much attention to the card game unfortunately but the codes usually go up there