Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

TacoNight posted:

I just started on this game, and was trying out the online tcg program. Am I doing something wrong, because the new user experience seems miserable? The tutorial learning games are absolute slogs where you have only one or two Pokemon in your deck that can reliably do 30 or more damage. If you can't get it out before your opponent's one good pokemon, you just lose.

Should I just skip this and go for theme deck dueling?

Well, looks like they announced the new o line game today so don't worry about it! It's called pokemon tcg live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
No it's cause the font used makes a 1 look like a 2, that fortetress is stage 1.

Snipe edit: what's everyone playing post rotation? I'm thinking about building something around Glaceon vmax after pulling a v and vmax online.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
The current Digimon game is totally different than the old game, it's pretty good too.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
2 things for that list, future card buddy fight played nothing like vanguard and buddy fight is also dead and gone. The other is I don't believe anyone actually plays metazoo, its so loving ugly I'm not sure what you could do to convince people that it's not a scam.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Msrp is $120, $300 is definitely scalping.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Sealed product will when transfered to live.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Much more, the battle arena decks have little to no effects on pokemon, where the ex battle decks are just a normal starter deck that has some form of synergy to it. It's not like jumping to league battle decks, but you'll notice a difference.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Does anyone one know if the mew vmax league battle deck is still technically standard legal? Looking to pick one up soon but I'm not sure if it's got stuff that rotated out or not

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I'm hoping to go to one this weekend for my birthday, hoping to be able to afford it for my partner and my kids too, since we're jumping back into the game as a family.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I'm heading to a prerelease tomorrow and it's my first one since sword and shield and since PTCGL, I was wondering if we have to wait to scan the codes, or can we scan them and the packs are locked like they were in PTCGO?

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Just got back from my prerelease, only 4 people showed up and my deck poo poo the bed in 2 of the 3 rounds. My daughter played too so we walked away with 13 packs between us pulling a full art Shantal, art rare minun, garchomp ex and iron hands ex. Overall it was a good day!

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
That's what happens when they just give out a meta deck, especially when it features a playable charizard!

I'm also being a basic bitch...

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I don't remember people being mad about the shiny sets. They're reprints of a bunch of meta cards and fan favorites. Another printing of charizaed ex is a great thing for bringing down the price of that deck.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

blossommirage posted:

Anyone have advice for how to call judges for behavior stuff? I played against someone who was just taking calls in the middle of a league cup and wouldn't stop talking instead of playing the game and it was so frustrating.

Don't be afraid to call a judge for whatever reason. Anyone who gets mad or freaks out, probably should have a judge called on them. That behavior is unacceptable at any event and needs to be called out.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Chatrapati posted:

I recently started playing Pokémon tcg with my friend on tabletop simulator, and it's been a lot of fun. We've been rolling for 5 randomly generated pokémon and then building our decks using them. Previously we opened a bunch of digital boosters and built decks from that, which was good, but not as fun.
Both of us hadn't played since around the Team Rocket expansion, so we've been playing with lots of newer formats. Post Heart Gold and Soul Silver, I think the game gets too crazy with powerful basic pokémon, and its not much fun if you're on the receiving end. Also you don't get to have the fun of evolving your guys and building up a team. Ex is the most fun to play, but the lack of pokédex entries on the cards makes the cards themselves less exciting.

Has anyone else tried anything like this, or come up with fun ways of playing?

I've been using this bulbapedia webpage for legal formats.

If you like the current ex mechanic, check out the sun and moon Era stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Hopefully not Pikachu.