Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
We already know what comes after the ending.

The season 1 OP is canon now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

My immediate thought on the ending is that it's a total fakeout and it'll just be from some movie that they're starring in.

Also while it was a great concert and I teared up I was really hoping Tae would sing just one word perfectly and loving stun the whole stadium.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Haha, the girls do Live Aid as a finale. That's cute, I really lik- WHAT

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
That was the funniest loving ending I've ever seen.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, it was amazing.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Ah, "The Big O" gambit, I see

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Skypie posted:

Ah, "The Big O" gambit, I see

Considering how popular Zombieland Saga is, I would bet that a third season is made

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Willo567 posted:

Considering how popular Zombieland Saga is, I would bet that a third season is made

If not we can hold a charity concert to save saga

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Actually, if I had one complains about ZLS Revenge, it's that Ai and Junko didn't kiss each other

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Willo567 posted:

Actually, if I had one complains about ZLS Revenge, it's that Ai and Junko didn't kiss each other

On screen.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I mean they did hold hands.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Also laughing at the people right now in the ANN thread complaining that Revenge ended like an idol anime and not enjoying the songs.

Like I'm not even into idol anime and all of the songs are great

I Am Fowl posted:

I mean they did hold hands.

Not good enough

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Every single song in ZLS has been an absolute banger, and anyone who disagrees is completely wrong. Even their worst songs are hits.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I was watching the finale with a friend and talking about how this season was a little more like an idol anime--but it's still distinctly Zombieland Saga and I think they pulled it off.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Tae's joy when she realises the people are copying her noises is delightful.

No matter what spinoff comics may reveal, it is my headcanon that Tae is not in fact zombie-brained, but enlightened. She is beyond base considerations, and the universe provides for her needs, and steers her where she needs to be. It is now her duty to teach others by example. She no longer speaks, for mortal minds cannot handle the Truth in her words.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1409838466473418752

I'm assuming these are good numbers? I don't know how it compares to Season One

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
I do kinda like the idea that the apparent curse was so utterly bested by our Zombie Idols it had to resort to what we saw in the post scene.

Curse: You want to play hardball Saga? Fine!

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
I really enjoyed what a pleasant surprise this show was. A quality mix of humour and character development. The two flashback episodes in S2 were impressive too.

I love Franchouchou's music, is there anything else like it? REVENGE and 激昂サバイブ are bangers, as are アツクナレ, 輝いて and 特攻DANCE ~DAWN OF THE BAD~as well as the two OPs, in particular.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

In case anyone wants to here Tae speak, there was a radio show while Revenge was airing with Saki's VA. One of the guests she had was Kotono Mitsuishi, who recited some dialogue from the Gaiden manga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlWvUyZjPP0&t=10s

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I think the song from season 1's opening is their best one.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I love all the songs, they're all bangers.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Willo567 posted:

https://twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1409838466473418752

I'm assuming these are good numbers? I don't know how it compares to Season One

Blu-ray sales don't really matter all that much: merchandise sales (and tourism to Saga prefecture) and the real measure of success.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah tourism went way up to saga first season so hopefully the numbers will reflect that for this season even though they didn't have as many local attractions featured.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

I love all the songs, they're all bangers.

Looking forward to getting the 2nd album, assuming there'll be one anyway.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Julias posted:

Blu-ray sales don't really matter all that much: merchandise sales (and tourism to Saga prefecture) and the real measure of success.

I'll be fine if a season 3 doesn't happen. I feel like other than Kotaro coughing up blood at the end they wrapped up the girls story pretty well, and you can ignore the stinger, since if you take it out it doesn't affect anything.

Not that I don't want there to be a third season, but I'm afraid that the quality of the show may go down.

By the way, isn't COVID-19 loving up travel in Japan between prefectures?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Normally I wouldn't care, but has anyone heard anything about when the dub for Revenge will premiere?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I have no clue, but considering the first dub was airing concurrently with the simulcast (not quite simul, but) and skipped dubbing the songs, only for the home video version to come out later with dubbed songs, it might take a while

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Funimation says it's happening some time today.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Holy poo poo the dub voice for Sakura doesn't fit her at all

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Has there been any scanlation group that's been interested in picking up Gaiden? There was a new chapter this month that revealed more about Tae.

Spoilers obviously, but the chapter revealed that:

Tae's parents were killed by Sagako
Tae was adopted by Jofuku, AKA the Bartender
Tae works for a buger stall owned by Jofuku, and that the bus IS her office

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Willo567 posted:

Has there been any scanlation group that's been interested in picking up Gaiden? There was a new chapter this month that revealed more about Tae.

Scanlations for the series are here, though the most recent chapter hasn't been finished yet it looks like.

https://cubari.moe/read/gist/Jcv4l/

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Willo567 posted:

Tae's parents were killed by Sagako
Tae was adopted by Jofuku, AKA the Bartender
Tae works for a buger stall owned by Jofuku, and that the bus IS her office

New chapter is out, and wow do you bury the lede here. The most important reveal is that 80's Jofuku was hot.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

The live concert was announced at the end of Revenge, but today they confirmed that they'll be live streaming it worldwide

https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1445735595444252674

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

They're making a Zombieland Saga movie
https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1449617693632458752

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I somehow understand less by watching that preview.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I'm gonna predict the plot: it takes place after the alien attack and Franchouchou, Jofuku and Kotaro will have to raise the entirety of Saga from the dead

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Got up at 05:00 to watch the concert and it was fun but I was disappointed by no Mamoru Miyano appearance, especially since he got his own song in season 2.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Got up at 05:00 to watch the concert and it was fun but I was disappointed by no Mamoru Miyano appearance, especially since he got his own song in season 2.

I'm happy that Kotono Mitsuishi was finally at one of the concerts

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Also, on the subject of MAPPA and movies, what the hell is going on with the Yuri on Ice film?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Perhaps the production is...on ice