Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Great episode. Gotta say though, these specific dates before The Big Event are making me feel uncomfortable... I assume that's not intentional, but wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Sankara posted:

Great episode. Gotta say though, these specific dates before The Big Event are making me feel uncomfortable... I assume that's not intentional, but wow.

The girls will be fine, don't worry

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Zombies can’t catch COVID, everyone else tho? Well that’s the plot of Season 3, getting revenge on 2020

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Wait why are the specific dates making you uncomfortable? Didn't Kotaro already tell Sakura that EFS won't be the end of Franchouchou's dream, and that he won't stop until they're loved all over the world?

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 18, 2021

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Willo567 posted:

Wait why are the specific dates making you uncomfortable? Didn't Kotaro already tell Sakura that EFS won't be the end of Franchouchou's dream, and that he won't stop until they're loved all over the world?

COVID-19.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Immortal Old Man: "The prophesy foretells a great disaster will befall SAGA!"

Cut to black screen with white text

Feb 20th, 2020

Yeah, I can see why that would make people feel uncomfortable.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I honestly almost cried at this episode, especially that moment with the kids telling the girls that they don't find the girls scary, and that they aren't zombies, they're Franchouchou, especially the kid that calls them cute. And I don't think I've ever gotten teary eyed at a piece of media before

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
ZLS Gaiden Chp. 2

Now with grammar.

https://imgur.com/a/deBHwfi

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Did any one ever check out some of the livestreams they did with Yugiri?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1_4WA6KRXw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_wheyosj4c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiCyysJvAyU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I'm pretty loving angry right now at that ending

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
what the gently caress

please tell me we have a date for season 3 holy poo poo

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
i mean, they probably wouldn't have done that if they didn't plan to, non?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

OnimaruXLR posted:

i mean, they probably wouldn't have done that if they didn't plan to, non?

Hiroyuki Imaishi thought the same with Panty and Stocking.

But it's seriously lovely, considering everyone in Saga is dead because of the aliens

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Apparently there is a movie planned?

I was not expecting a GAINAX ending

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1245002917318279168

the real april fool's prank was that it wasn't a prank at all!

(nothing is confirmed or announced yet fuckkkkk)

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So am I going to be the only one who will just ignore the stinger at the end? Because what a gently caress you of a stinger. Do you all think MAPPA has the balls to confirm that everyone in Saga died?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Saga can't die they're already dead lol

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Willo567 posted:

So am I going to be the only one who will just ignore the stinger at the end? Because what a gently caress you of a stinger. Do you all think MAPPA has the balls to confirm that everyone in Saga died?

I doubt it's going to be an 'everyone died!' thing. Or if it is they'll come back as zombies. Death is meaningless with our cool friend Xu Fu around :science:

That said, the character I'm legitimately worried about right now is Kotaro. The blood, the curse, the time limit... If he goes I suspect he won't be coming back, and that's going to hurt

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I mean, white pillars of light don't confirm anything. For all we know the prefecture was scooped up and put onto an alien ship. Or maybe all the citizens were kidnapped. Or maybe now everyone is a zombie. It's ambiguous for a reason!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Don't get me wrong, I thought that this was a great last episode otherwise - I just didn't like the stinger

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It's a teaser that something else is probably on the way I expect it's mostly going to be a gag with minimum damage because this just isn't that kind of franchise.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

OnimaruXLR posted:

I mean, white pillars of light don't confirm anything. For all we know the prefecture was scooped up and put onto an alien ship. Or maybe all the citizens were kidnapped. Or maybe now everyone is a zombie. It's ambiguous for a reason!

On second thought, I think you're right. The laser didn't seem to cause an explosion or fire - it looked more like a powerful shockwave

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

lmao that sure is a stinger

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That ending was hilarious.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Yeah, I was overreacting to the ending.I'm sure everyone in Saga is fine, or if not, get revived as zombies

What I want to know now is if the girls existence as zombies are tied to Kotaro's lifespan

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
There are a lot of wild theories flying around about Kotaro's status, but I can't help but think about how he spent just about 48 hours in a flooded basement before running himself ragged trying to figure out where the girls are and recover their stuff. I'm not saying I think it IS pneumonia, but it strikes me as not a small possibility compared to when an anime character normally starts coughing blood up ominously

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YVDjyF_3qM

I did have to throw this together lol

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Turns out this was all a Space Jam prequel, only instead of basketball it’s Idol Power

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I don't know what is going on anymore and I'm hype as gently caress

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Annointed posted:

I don't know what is going on anymore and I'm hype as gently caress

Idols are going on.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

lmao not the ending I was expecting I'll give them to that

8one6
May 20, 2012

That was a hell of a stinger for a series that, at best, won't see a 3rd season for 2-3 years.

If at all.

Other than that it was a fantastic finale.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

When I said Saga reminded me of Macondo from 100 Years of Solitude, that was a joke MAPPA!!!!!

Honestly I don't think they needed that cliffhanger stinger anyways, but I guess that's on par with ZLS' ridiculousness

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

8one6 posted:

That was a hell of a stinger for a series that, at best, won't see a 3rd season for 2-3 years.

If at all.

Other than that it was a fantastic finale.

My problem with the stinger is that I feel like it made all of Franchouchou's accomplishments meaningless.

Of course, it could be a movie for all we know

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 24, 2021

8one6
May 20, 2012

You know, a Franchouchou vs Alien Idol team for the fate of not just Saga but all of Earth movie would be pretty loving sweet.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Actually, in my opinion, I think they should have just ended the story here. I get that Cygames and MAPPA want to continue ZLS, but it feels like the character's stories are all already finished, and there's not a whole lot of room for more stories - you could cut the UFO attack and it wouldn't change anything.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Lmao Mappa is obviously loving with us but I'm also pretty sure they wouldn't unceremoniously kill off the entire population of Saga Prefecture in the last ten seconds of their show.

Though I saw someone saying the field the alien ship hovered over was similar to one at the beginning of Gaiden. Maybe it's a flashback and the answer to the zombies thing is "Aliens did it"?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Ehh, dunno. There's still Tae's backstory, the whole time limit thing, the rivalry with Iron Frill, and other elements to work with.

That said, Tae doing a Freddie Mercury maestro game with the crowd was amazing.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I just wanna see Lily hug her dad already damnit they've teased us so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I just wanna see Lily hug her dad already damnit they've teased us so much.

we'll always have fanfics and fan comics

actually come to think of it, if no one freaked out at the girls appearance in episode 11 when they say their zombie faces, why can't the girls reunite with their families and ask them to keep a secret