Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
what's this samurai period piece doing in my idol anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Saw this posted by someone else:

As we saw in this arc, the prefecture of Saga had been abolished after the Meiji Revolution, but was later re-established.

Saga died, but later came back to life.

The land of Saga is itself a zombie.

Zombie Land Saga

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Didn't like these 2 episodes that much as it really wasn't Yugiri focused. I get why they wanted to do the history of Saga but I think it should of either been an episode or had a lot more Yugiri especially with the final bits of the episode hinting at a more interesting plot.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I think part of the problem is that Yugiri, at least in my eyes, doesn't really have any obstacles or character flaws she has to overcome like the rest of the group (save Tae) does. And with her just accepting everything as is and going along with the flow, it's hard to make an episode where she develops as a character.

I still really liked the last two episodes, and I'm glad that we got to see Yugiri's past, but they should have just done one episode of her past, and another episode in the modern era with an obstacle she has to overcome.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

poo poo did not mean to double post

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
I disagree, I feel like you’d have to really force it if you suddenly set up a modern day problem Yugiri has to confront and overcome on her own, that would just feel like a forced narrative for the sake of having one. The period drama setting certainly has its issues, but I feel it works more in Yugiri’s favor as a character and for the story that this is a thing she had to deal with then and there

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

At the very least we can see why Yugiri would empathize with Kotaro's goal of saving Saga in his own way.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yugiri doing actual fighting was super interesting and I would of loved to see more than like a few minutes of it. Could of had way more in the episode

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
government agent dude looks like the modern day reporter dude :tinfoil:

also gov't agent dude was totally gay for red hair dude, don't at me

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Gays in MY Zombieland Saga? The devil you say!

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

They're just very close cousins.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

ZLS is pretty gay

https://twitter.com/Luis76939208/status/1393395964115881984

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Willo567 posted:

I think part of the problem is that Yugiri, at least in my eyes, doesn't really have any obstacles or character flaws she has to overcome like the rest of the group (save Tae) does. And with her just accepting everything as is and going along with the flow, it's hard to make an episode where she develops as a character.

I still really liked the last two episodes, and I'm glad that we got to see Yugiri's past, but they should have just done one episode of her past, and another episode in the modern era with an obstacle she has to overcome.

Agreed. Maybe she is just a naturally chill person going with the flow of life and unlife, but I could have used more of a personal motive and ambition of hers in that story.

Maybe she'll get to use her sword skills on the pesky reporter guy. Or since she's great at composition, debunk him in her blog.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Well... she does have a flaw, and it's one her personality type makes it difficult to overcome. She doesn't take the initiative, doesn't decide what she wants to do with her life. That's why she's effectively sidelined in her own story, because she's never been the main driver of her own life, just going along with whatever happens to her. When she does take the initiative, it's with the expectation that she's going to die.

So yeah. She has a flaw that leaves her functionally passive, which's a frequently dissatisfying flaw because it can leave the character sidelined even when the spotlight's on them.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Finished the latest episode and honestly when Yugiri does stuff it's really good but it still felt like the episodes weren't about her. Almost to the point that I think a single more focused episode would have been better. Sure you need to anchor her to the situation and make her care, but most of the focus seems to be about the kid and his motivation, not why Yugiri would care.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

God I am so loving nervous for this week's episode - I'm afraid that we're about to learn what the deadline is, and even though I said Romero was around while Yugiri was alive, I'm still afraid it applies to the girls existence as zombies

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Willo567 posted:

God I am so loving nervous for this week's episode - I'm afraid that we're about to learn what the deadline is, and even though I said Romero was around while Yugiri was alive, I'm still afraid it applies to the girls existence as zombies

Since we now know the strength of Saga is directly correlated with the strength of Xu Fu's necromancy, I think it's more likely this will end on the note of them saving Saga and sticking around.

Also can't whale for them in the gacha if they die (again)! :science:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Prediction: The deadline is for Kotaro. In order to use Xu Fu's necromancy to bring Sakura back to life, Kotaro sold his soul to him, and has ten years to make Franchouchou into a successful idol group before he turns into a demon. Most of that time Kotaro spent studying music, choreography, and makeup arts to pull off the ruse, so he only has a precious few months left to give Franchouchou staying power. He knows he'll turn into a demon and the girls will be left without their songwriter and manager, so he needs to make sure the zombies can care of themselves and have a solid backlog before then.

Except it'll turn out in the last episode Xu Fu was loving with him and lied about selling Kotaro's soul in order to make him get his rear end in gear.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

poo poo's about to get real.

Turns out that all of the girls deaths were a result of some curse that looms in Saga, hence the crazy deaths like Ai getting directly struck by lightning for three full seconds. Also, I'm glad that the deadline seems to be something to do with either the curse that Xu Fu was talking about, or the cataclysmic event, though I would imagine that the girls existence are tied to him. Also noticed that Okoba's photos has Tae as a OL just like in the spinoff manga

I love this show

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
:ohdear:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

believe in franchouchou

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Willo567 posted:

poo poo's about to get real.

Turns out that all of the girls deaths were a result of some curse that looms in Saga, hence the crazy deaths like Ai getting directly struck by lightning for three full seconds. Also, I'm glad that the deadline seems to be something to do with either the curse that Xu Fu was talking about, or the cataclysmic event, though I would imagine that the girls existence are tied to him. Also noticed that Okoba's photos has Tae as a OL just like in the spinoff manga

I love this show

I feel like Saki wasn't part of a cursed death, she's just a maniac.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The Saga Curse had a whole 'Final Destination' situation set up for Saki, and the day before she did her bike crash, and it just had to shrug and move on.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Please. If it wasn't for the curse she'd have jumped over the chasm and landed in a smaller road below doing a sick skid.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
A concert set for March 2020, huh

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Alpha3KV posted:

A concert set for March 2020, huh

It's the same date as the cancelled Live Of The Dead stage play.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Prediction: in episode 11, Franchouchou will be assisting with the disaster relief in Saga. The group then gets the idea to go a charity concert at EFS. In the final episode, they amange to fill the stadium up, and save Saga from the brink of destruction. During the concert, their makeup comes off, revealing their status as zombies to the entirerty of Saga. However, with Saga being isolated from the rest of Japan with the blackout, no one outside of there finds out the truth, and the people of Saga promise to keep their secret. Okoba also decides that the girls aren't being used by Kotaro, and decides to not go forward with his article

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Willo567 posted:

Prediction: in episode 11, Franchouchou will be assisting with the disaster relief in Saga. The group then gets the idea to go a charity concert at EFS. In the final episode, they amange to fill the stadium up, and save Saga from the brink of destruction. During the concert, their makeup comes off, revealing their status as zombies to the entirerty of Saga. However, with Saga being isolated from the rest of Japan with the blackout, no one outside of there finds out the truth, and the people of Saga promise to keep their secret. Okoba also decides that the girls aren't being used by Kotaro, and decides to not go forward with his article

So a more literal interpretation of "save Saga"? That works, I guess. It is much harder for a zombie idol group to solve the myriad socioeconomic reasons plaguing Japan, I suppose! Although wouldn't that be a fun direction? Zombie Land Saga 3: Overthrowing Capitalism

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Sankara posted:

So a more literal interpretation of "save Saga"? That works, I guess. It is much harder for a zombie idol group to solve the myriad socioeconomic reasons plaguing Japan, I suppose! Although wouldn't that be a fun direction? Zombie Land Saga 3: Overthrowing Capitalism

Zombieland Saga 3: Eat the Rich('s braaaaaaains)

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://zombielandsaga.com/news/detail.php?id=1092185

The final episode of the season will be 27 minutes long, without counting commercials. Looks like we’re in for a stacked finale next week

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Man I can't believe we are almost done already..

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Man, that scene with the kids telling the girls that they aren't scary when their zombie faces are revealed to them, and the face Ai makes to the group afterwards...

I love this show

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Exia posted:

https://zombielandsaga.com/news/detail.php?id=1092185

The final episode of the season will be 27 minutes long, without counting commercials. Looks like we’re in for a stacked finale next week

There won't be any commercials for the final episode

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Saving Saga’s smiles

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

this episode also had some great reaction faces

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
I’m glad they finally found the budget and time to guild Best Girl their own song in this episode

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
https://twitter.com/chinchikuzombie/status/1405548296806961158

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

This was probably the best episode of the season. Next week can't come fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I fully expected this outcome and yet it was no less heartwarming.