Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I've been enjoying this so far. I miss the old theme song, though! What a bop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Remember when Lily was brought up in the UK parliament as some stupid "terf is a slur" legislation? What a world.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Japan loves scat music, so, makes sense it'd catch on like that. Very cute.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I was kind of hoping this would be the episode that awakens her, but I'm happy with the result anyway. What a delightful romp!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Willo567 posted:

I'm still of the belief that Tae's actual brain is in Romero's body, and that Romero's brain is in Tae's body, hence why Romero acts more aware and human than Tae at times

Ha, that's a cute idea. I like it.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Well, that was... weird. Hm. What was the point of that?

But hey! Yugiri is finally getting an episode, maybe? A two-parter, no less! Neat.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Willo567 posted:

Maybe I'm too easily pleased - I thought it was fun. Not every episode has to be plot heavy - episode 5 of the first season was just them filming a commercial for a restaurant and participating in the mud olympics

The girls doing stuff around Saga to make Saga look more interesting IS the plot! This was just some random sophomore hangs out for an episode? I didn't think it was bad, just an odd choice.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That wasn't really about Yugiri per se so I was a little disappointed, we'll see about part 2! Interesting, regardless. For some reason I got the feeling the next episode is going to be a downer.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Sephyr posted:

Hmm. Part of me was a bit miffed that Yugiri's story was not that much about herself and mostly focused on an idealistic guy she helped. But it was still nice to see her being cool and a badass, and her song might be my favorite one so far.

I completely agree.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Willo567 posted:

Prediction: in episode 11, Franchouchou will be assisting with the disaster relief in Saga. The group then gets the idea to go a charity concert at EFS. In the final episode, they amange to fill the stadium up, and save Saga from the brink of destruction. During the concert, their makeup comes off, revealing their status as zombies to the entirerty of Saga. However, with Saga being isolated from the rest of Japan with the blackout, no one outside of there finds out the truth, and the people of Saga promise to keep their secret. Okoba also decides that the girls aren't being used by Kotaro, and decides to not go forward with his article

So a more literal interpretation of "save Saga"? That works, I guess. It is much harder for a zombie idol group to solve the myriad socioeconomic reasons plaguing Japan, I suppose! Although wouldn't that be a fun direction? Zombie Land Saga 3: Overthrowing Capitalism

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Great episode. Gotta say though, these specific dates before The Big Event are making me feel uncomfortable... I assume that's not intentional, but wow.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Willo567 posted:

Wait why are the specific dates making you uncomfortable? Didn't Kotaro already tell Sakura that EFS won't be the end of Franchouchou's dream, and that he won't stop until they're loved all over the world?

COVID-19.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Haha, the girls do Live Aid as a finale. That's cute, I really lik- WHAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I think the song from season 1's opening is their best one.