Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I love that in addition to the two metal heads, you can see Saki’s bosozuku co-leader’s daughter and her friends and their rivals in the audience crowd shots too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Looked him up on Wikipedia because he sounded familiar. He’s one of the “mastermind” antagonists of Yakuza Kiwami 2 and I’ve been on a binge of that series lately, so that’s why he sounded familiar.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Brutal Garcon posted:

Was it established in season 1 that Iron Frill have sugababes'd out all their original members? Impressive they're still popular, if so.

I mean, multigenerational idol groups where members “graduate” and new ones join all the time are a thing and have been for a while, haven’t they?

What year did Ai die again? She died at the height of Iron Frill’s popularity in the Heisei Era, so mid 2000s? They’ve been around for 10 years or so (since it’s June 2019 at the moment in the anime) which if they’re super popular is not impossible.

Loved the detail where they changed the aspect ratio with letterboxing when Junko was singing her acoustic Showa era idol song, as well as the two metal heads, the Doremi motorcycle gang girls led by Saki’s co-leader’s daughter, and Lily’s giant of a dad were in the opening concert crowd scene. The preview from last week made it seem like this was gonna be solely an Ai episode, but we got a bunch of Junko as well, and I’m not complaining.

Anyway, someone better at sunrunes than me tell me who was voicing the center of Iron Frill, Shiori, this episode? Bound to be listed in the credits, but I can’t read their names.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 22, 2021

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Willo567 posted:

It's Sora Tokui, who also voiced Nico in Love Live.

Oh, it is Soramaru. I knew she sounded familiar.

narm00 posted:

Got the eras mixed up there; Ai died in the Heisei era.

Thanks, will correct. Dunno how I mixed that up, Showa was Hirohito after WWII, Heisei was his son Akihito.

Sindai posted:

The water gun scene was great. Saki tried to avenge Sakura immediately and Lily shielded Yugiri. :hai:

Right, forgot to mention the FPS framing of that scene and the whole Full Metal Jacket aspect of it.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 22, 2021

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

I was really hoping for the punchline of Junko crushing the electric guitar in the room but then she did it on stage and it was even funnier.

:same:

Still, Mezame Returner electric version was amazing as usual. Also, I feel bad for the person at Saga Arena who has to sit behind Lilly’s Pappy.

Looks like a Lilly episode next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Willo567 posted:

So do the girls look different to whoever looks at them without their makeup? When the cop saw Junko in episode 2 last season, she looked fine apart from the sunken eyes and cheeks. This time she looked awful

It might be due to how the ocean washed away that makeup or something.