Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Huh, I couldn't find this thread when I checked last.

New song is funky. Shocked that Saki can hold down a steady job.

The most important part of the episode is Junko knows how to use lockpicks. I don't expect this to ever be explained or elaborated on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Willo567 posted:

https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1383797601896517641

There's going to be a new ZLS manga in Ultra Jump, and from the description, apparently it will involve Tae's backstory

Saw something on Twitter that Romero (possibly) died in 1989, so now I'm convinced that ZLS is going to troll us by making this Romero's backstory.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

No one mentioned how Junko turned off the computer by unplugging it like a grandma?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Yuugiri is a VTuber now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1_4WA6KRXw

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now we know why Tae-chan is so legendary: apparently she's Neil Peart's illegitimate daughter.

Willo567 posted:

So do the girls look different to whoever looks at them without their makeup? When the cop saw Junko in episode 2 last season, she looked fine apart from the sunken eyes and cheeks. This time she looked awful

She was bawling her eyes out over Ai, give her a break.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Adabana Necromancy is the absolute best but the new OP is a banger too.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Lily has grown more powerful than Kotaro or the concept of gendered bathrooms.

Also, apparently Light has the same VA as Detective Conan.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Fun ep. It's nice they had a breather episode focusing on the daily lives of Saga citizens and tying up the loose ends from S1. Tae-chan was legendary today as well.

Mulderman posted:

This is how you awaken something inside someone.

Saki no, she's still in High School!

Sephyr posted:

Though it would be fun if they discovered that Junko's bank account from her singer says has been earning interest all this time, but they can't retrieve the cash without giving away her identity.

Instead it's Yuugiri's and it plays out like that one episode of Futurama.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Also are we going to talk about what appears to be a bundled up body in next ep's preview? Is Franchouchou getting a new sister?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Willo567 posted:

By the way, on Reddit, the Ultra Jump covered for Zombie Land Saga Gaiden reveals that it is about Tae

I'm almost disappointed my prediction of Mappa trolling us by making the story about Romero turned out to not be true.

Cover for those interested: Tae looks normal here. I guess she wasn't always "Like that"?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Is anyone in the process of scanning/translating the new ZLS manga? I'm hella curious, but don't want to spoil myself.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

It was definitely a strange episode, since the focus character was Maimai, not one of the zombie gals. Still fun.

Willo567 posted:

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced it isn't Yugiri - why would she be in full makeup except for her eyes? I think it's actually a character that's been in front of us the whole time, but whom we've never noticed until now. In the first episode of Revenge, during the slow motion montage of the death metal fans and Kotaro fighting the crowd, you can notice a lone female spectator with glasses in the crowd. Normally I would chalk this up to a minor background character, but this same girl pops up at a few more of Franchouchou's concerts later
on as well. This Reddit thread shows the girl in question https://www.reddit.com/r/ZombielandSaga/comments/nd9vj7/is_she_number_7/

The theory was almost correct... but assumed Kotaro was smart enough to not gently caress everything up.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Also, during the stinger at the end with the journo dude, all the articles on the Franchouchou members' deaths he has contain some extra information.

Some new bits of info that someone translated:

quote:

Saki was actually discovered alive at the scene of the crash, but sustained severe lacerations from the crash and burns from the explosion, and died approximately two hours later at the hospital. The police suspect the involvement of a group called “Ladies”, which suggests the Saga police were as out of touch then as now, or Saki (if still conscious) and/or Reiko fudged the details to avoid implicating fellow members of Dorami.

Junko’s flight (“DSN Airlines Flight 842”) appears to have crashed in the sea, as the Japan Coast Guard was responsible for recovery efforts; other pieces of the article glimpsed suggest the plane “broke in two” around the middle of the fuselage, and there being something about “over half” of something (passengers? Junko’s body?) being “lost”, and something (washing up?) on the coast.

Meanwhile, Sakura’s primary cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head, and the truck was speeding on a residential street, but we kinda figured that; what’s more interesting is that the truck driver (who reported the accident himself) claimed that he had been forced to avert his eyes from the road because a bright light suddenly shone into the windshield out of the blue.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Someone translated ZLS: Gaiden Ch. 1

https://imgur.com/a/VlcpxIg

I understand even less of the ZLS world than before.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

In fairness the guy that translated it admits they're a beginner. The reason it's on Imgur and not a manga site is that they didn't want to dissuade any legitimate translation groups from picking it up.

But yeah the translation is super iffy at times.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

ZLS is on something else. I don't know any other idol show that would dedicate a whole two-part story arc to a period piece, featuring only one of the cast members and relegating the rest of the crew to cameos of their ancestors.

Also you will never be so good at sex that an entire country gets priced out of your bed.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

The bartender says he owes Yuugiri a debt, which would be odd phrasing if he was once in love with her. More likely she helps re-establish Saga Prefecture, thus giving Xu Fu his powers back.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Saw this posted by someone else:

As we saw in this arc, the prefecture of Saga had been abolished after the Meiji Revolution, but was later re-established.

Saga died, but later came back to life.

The land of Saga is itself a zombie.

Zombie Land Saga

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Prediction: The deadline is for Kotaro. In order to use Xu Fu's necromancy to bring Sakura back to life, Kotaro sold his soul to him, and has ten years to make Franchouchou into a successful idol group before he turns into a demon. Most of that time Kotaro spent studying music, choreography, and makeup arts to pull off the ruse, so he only has a precious few months left to give Franchouchou staying power. He knows he'll turn into a demon and the girls will be left without their songwriter and manager, so he needs to make sure the zombies can care of themselves and have a solid backlog before then.

Except it'll turn out in the last episode Xu Fu was loving with him and lied about selling Kotaro's soul in order to make him get his rear end in gear.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Alpha3KV posted:

A concert set for March 2020, huh

It's the same date as the cancelled Live Of The Dead stage play.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

ZLS Gaiden Chp. 2

Now with grammar.

https://imgur.com/a/deBHwfi

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Lmao Mappa is obviously loving with us but I'm also pretty sure they wouldn't unceremoniously kill off the entire population of Saga Prefecture in the last ten seconds of their show.

Though I saw someone saying the field the alien ship hovered over was similar to one at the beginning of Gaiden. Maybe it's a flashback and the answer to the zombies thing is "Aliens did it"?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Willo567 posted:

Has there been any scanlation group that's been interested in picking up Gaiden? There was a new chapter this month that revealed more about Tae.

Spoilers obviously, but the chapter revealed that:

Scanlations for the series are here, though the most recent chapter hasn't been finished yet it looks like.

https://cubari.moe/read/gist/Jcv4l/

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Willo567 posted:

Has there been any scanlation group that's been interested in picking up Gaiden? There was a new chapter this month that revealed more about Tae.

Spoilers obviously, but the chapter revealed that:

Tae's parents were killed by Sagako
Tae was adopted by Jofuku, AKA the Bartender
Tae works for a buger stall owned by Jofuku, and that the bus IS her office

New chapter is out, and wow do you bury the lede here. The most important reveal is that 80's Jofuku was hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I somehow understand less by watching that preview.