Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Saki best girl status re-confirmed.

We still need a Yugiri episode, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I really like that they made her the leader. I'm no expert, but that role seems to usually go to the bright-eyed dreamer or the hard-working 'regular' type.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Yup. I can see them putting that investigation on the backburner since the group dropped off the radar, but with them returning to visibility, people would start looking into it again.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Do we know when the next episode drops?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Great episode, and a nice way to do buildup while developing both Ai and Junko.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Yugiri making everyone's favorite meal and being the big sister is always endearing.

Also, the "you succ" gag was priceless.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
This may also be Kotaro's straight up best job as manager, too. Got Ai to value her new group even more, Junko to find her footing and be more assertive on and off the stage, all for the cost of one beloved guitar!

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's super clear but for some it won't count unless it's blatant confession and even than they'll deny it

I'm cool with how they are handling it. It's there for those who want to see it, and seeded well enough to be developed further along. The whole thing has less than 20 episodes so far, there's sooo much to set up, pay off and reveal! I may be alone in this, but for the moment I am more invested in their backstory, career and zombie-ness than romance plots.

Though part of me loves that they chased Saki's hetero crush with double idol love.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Really glad that they remembered that Lily is as much an entertainment pro as Ai or Junko, and has a purer motivation than pretty much anyone else in the group.

Hell, she didn't even mind when the rival kid proved to be a little poo poo. Guess during her time she saw her share of conceited little celebrity wannabes.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

8one6 posted:

Lily was loving robbed!

True, but she got the better reward, in a way. Don't think winning a local award with a cute song would get her the same projection as having a dance go viral.

Now she ascends to join the realm of internet memes, like the Numa Numa Guy and the Roll of Rick. More powerful than we could ever imagine.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Bit of a lazy way to ditch the whole debt story element, but I'll take it. Watching them simply pay it off through menial work and sound refinancing would be far less amusing.

Though it would be fun if they discovered that Junko's bank account from her singer says has been earning interest all this time, but they can't retrieve the cash without giving away her identity.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Sankara posted:

I was kind of hoping this would be the episode that awakens her, but I'm happy with the result anyway. What a delightful romp!

Tae waking up will totally be a season finale cliffhanger, if it ever happens!

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Makes sense. Best Girl Saki not only is too tough to just instantly croak like that but also gave cover to both her gang and her rivals. So much respect. Wouldn't be surprised if she also fed her tamagotchi one last time even as the paramedics were charging up the defibrilator.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

What was up with the other girls randomly showing up?

Let people see them in old-timey clothing.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Hmm. Part of me was a bit miffed that Yugiri's story was not that much about herself and mostly focused on an idealistic guy she helped. But it was still nice to see her being cool and a badass, and her song might be my favorite one so far.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Willo567 posted:

I think part of the problem is that Yugiri, at least in my eyes, doesn't really have any obstacles or character flaws she has to overcome like the rest of the group (save Tae) does. And with her just accepting everything as is and going along with the flow, it's hard to make an episode where she develops as a character.

I still really liked the last two episodes, and I'm glad that we got to see Yugiri's past, but they should have just done one episode of her past, and another episode in the modern era with an obstacle she has to overcome.

Agreed. Maybe she is just a naturally chill person going with the flow of life and unlife, but I could have used more of a personal motive and ambition of hers in that story.

Maybe she'll get to use her sword skills on the pesky reporter guy. Or since she's great at composition, debunk him in her blog.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Please. If it wasn't for the curse she'd have jumped over the chasm and landed in a smaller road below doing a sick skid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Ehh, dunno. There's still Tae's backstory, the whole time limit thing, the rivalry with Iron Frill, and other elements to work with.

That said, Tae doing a Freddie Mercury maestro game with the crowd was amazing.