Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
S2 has generally been pretty intense since the start so I really enjoyed the relatively low stakes episode. MaiMai is a fun new look at their fanbase, and is likely being introduced and set up here so she’ll have a part to play later. I also just enjoyed that yet again ZLS got some huge name VA’s (KanaHana, Yui Horie, Yukari Tamura) and had them play minor characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
It’s a direct look at how the girls are influencing the next generation of Saga, Kotarou even says as much in the episode.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Elfface posted:

What did the note at the end say? Crunchyroll didn't subtitle it, but it looked legible...

It’s written in traditional Chinese apparently and is barely legible, even JP viewers are having a hard time deciphering it but so far the consensus seems to be that it’s about Kiichi’s plan and how it seems to be gaining traction and that could be troublesome for them. Also something about a target? theory is Itou is actually a government agent who’s working undercover to eliminate potential unrest

Also Cygames announced an Uma MusumeXZLS collab earlier, with more details to be released tomorrow
https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1397907946076581891?s=20

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
OP and ED subtitles are a licensing mess and need to go through the music companies for approval and I believe others as well? It’s a long boring approval progress that usually results in subtitles not being added till late in a shows run, if ever

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

What was up with the other girls randomly showing up?

it’s not actually them, it’s just the show having a little fun and giving the others cameo appearances when they otherwise wouldn’t appear at all. The credits even list them as “So and so lookalike” rather than “Saki/Sakura/etc.”

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
TFW a zombie idol anime is a better historical drama than a lot of recent actual attempts as historical drama (looking at you Yasuke).

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
I disagree, I feel like you’d have to really force it if you suddenly set up a modern day problem Yugiri has to confront and overcome on her own, that would just feel like a forced narrative for the sake of having one. The period drama setting certainly has its issues, but I feel it works more in Yugiri’s favor as a character and for the story that this is a thing she had to deal with then and there

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://zombielandsaga.com/news/detail.php?id=1092185

The final episode of the season will be 27 minutes long, without counting commercials. Looks like we’re in for a stacked finale next week

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
I’m glad they finally found the budget and time to guild Best Girl their own song in this episode

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Zombies can’t catch COVID, everyone else tho? Well that’s the plot of Season 3, getting revenge on 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Turns out this was all a Space Jam prequel, only instead of basketball it’s Idol Power