Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Zombie Land Saga REVEEEEEEEEEENGE is the sequel to the surprise hit anime of 2018, beginning on April 8th. For those who don't know, Zombie Land Saga is an idol anime about a bunch of girls who get brought back from the dead to save the Saga Prefecture from fading into obscurity. The anime was a hit, not only for completely fooling everyone prior to airing that it would be a regular zombie anime ala School Live or High School of the Dead, but also for its humor, its great characters, and for being very heartfelt. Plus it has some banger songs

In the sequel, they will be getting their revenge. Revenge on who? I don't know; in fact, no one really knows what we're in for, so hopefully it will be just as loving crazy as Season 1.

PV1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTpxcLNe1_o

PV2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcgqj08Jwag

Sakura Minamoto (VA: Kaede Hondo)
Our main heroine, Sakura was killed by Truck-kun ten years ago, and was brought back by Kotaro Tatsumi along with the other girls to save Saga. Is an egghead.

Saki Nikaido (VA: Asami Tano)

The legendary kamikaze gang leader. She's the leader of Franchouchou along with Sakura, and helps to mediate the gang. Loves Tamagotchi and Eggs

Ai Mizuno (VA: Risa Taneda)

The legendary Heisei idol. A shockingly amazing idol, she uses her electrifying talents in order to help lead the less experienced members of the group in practice.

Junko Konno (VA: Maki Kawase)

The legendary Showa idol. She's the best singer of the group, having a deep singing voice. Likes to grow mushrooms on her fluffy hair.

Yugiri (VA: Rika Kinugawa)

The legendary courtesan. She's the big sister of the group, even though Junko is slightly older than her by a few months. Has a slap that rivals Bright Noah, and needs her own episode now thank you Mappa.

Lily Hoshikawa (VA: Minami Tanaka)

The legendary child actress. She's the youngest member of the group, and the most energetic. Has a big heart.

Tae Yamada (VA: Kotono Mitsuishi)

THE LEGENDARY TAE YAMADA! She's so amazing that I can't begin to describe her on this page! She'll punish you in the name of the moon, and force you in (or out) of the robot.

Kotaro Tatsumi (VA: Mamoru Miyano)

The manager of Franchouchou. He's a prick, but a loud, funny prick. He can also be geniuely helpful when the girls are at their lowest. May or may not be a Gundam.

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Apr 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Does Zombie Land Saga count as an isekai

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Also, I decided to rewatch the series, and holy gently caress is Ai's death messed up.

Spoiler: The fact that her body was completely charred black, and that she was hit around 20 times, means that underneath her bandages, she's loving coal. Not only that, but someone translated one of the articles while Ai was looking herself up, and it states that she didn't on the spot, instead dying on the way to the hospital. Combined with her PTSD, I assume that she breifly regained consciousness in the ambulance and was in agonizing pain:stonk:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I'm gonna be honest, I never understood why Yugiri's head had to be stitched back on, when the other girls heads can come right off. I get that she probably got decapitated and that's how she died, but why couldn't Kotaro just plop her head back on like the rest of them?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/srw_xomg/status/1334835389354274816

I still can't believe this happened, even with all the other poo poo X-Omega added.

I hope we see Saga the Great 7 in Revenge

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Elfface posted:

Google Translate tells me Zombie Land Saga is going to be in Super Robot Wars.

I don't know if this means they'll be in the robot from the opening credits, somehow turned giant to fight one-on-one with super robots, or just put on a lightning-summoning concert strategically close to the enemy.

No, it WAS in SRW X-Omega. It got crossed over with FLCL, Gravion and Exkaiser. And yeah, it was the Masami Obari robot they fought in that Sandman from Gravion built for them, because he's god drat Sandman.

https://twitter.com/180223/status/1337759515089936384

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

New PV

https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1379026028664872963

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So right now, there's a collaboration going on between Idolmaster Starlit Stage and Zombie Land Saga Revenge

https://twitter.com/imascg_stage/status/1379313289818042369

In addition to a cover of Adabana Necromancy and a 3D movie of the concert, they also added sound effects... that are nothing but Kotaro yelling.

https://twitter.com/deresute_eng/status/1379326483144052737

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I've only met them four months ago and I already missed them when I got done watching Season 1 for the first time.

Now I have to pray that they don't pass on at the end of Revenge

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Sindai posted:

I immediately miss long hair Kotaro. Sakura making it fly around by yelling at him was good.

I guess the obvious inference from the ominous conversation between Kotaro and the old man is that there's a time limit on the girls' zombification and it's going to roll around just in time for the season climax.

Is it wrong of me to write an alternate ending fantfiction where they don't pass on if that's what happens at the end of Revenge? Because my heart can't take that poo poo

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Sindai posted:

I immediately miss long hair Kotaro. Sakura making it fly around by yelling at him was good.

I guess the obvious inference from the ominous conversation between Kotaro and the old man is that there's a time limit on the girls' zombification and it's going to roll around just in time for the season climax.

OnimaruXLR posted:

what if the time limit is not on the zombies

but on saga prefecture itself

[spoiler]The Barmaster/Xu Fu said that they could go on living their lives as zombies; does that mean there is no time limit to their zombification?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I just had a thought. What if in that scene of Kotaro yelling at the heavens while a storm is going on is Jim communicating with some devine being who's pissed that Kotaro brought the girls back to life, and now wants to destroy Saga as punishment

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

CrazySalamander posted:

It’s perfectly fine. A lot of people disparage that around here but there’s nothing wrong with that.

I don't see what would be wrong with me doing that - it's all fiction anyways

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Ibblebibble posted:

Y'know Kotaro doesn't look too bad as a hobo.

He looks like Eren Yeagar

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Also, I'm very happy that the songs in the show still loving slap, especially the ending song holy poo poo.

Also, did they improve the CGI from the first season?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Nice!

Now we just need some yuri in Season 2.

Which characters would make a good couple with each other?

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 15, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Takoluka posted:

do you not already ship Ai and Junko?????

I do; I just wanted to see what you all would ship. I'd also ship Sakura X Saki.

Pollyanna posted:

Ai and Junko aren’t dating? :confused:

No, but I wouldn't blame you for thinking so, considering some of the promotional artwork featuring just the two of them

https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1091260189326508035
https://twitter.com/gattu_og/status/1157472396888010752

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Poor Saki

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Also, the ending of the episode has me hopeful that this means they won't pass on, since (spoiler for the new episode) in the new episode, after Franchouchou inherits White Ryu's radio program, Saki tells the audience they aren't going anywhere, and that they shouldn't sweat it

Also, the part where Yugiri tells Lily that she loves her is so loving precious

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I hope that Saki gets over White Ryu, and finds another love that she can enjoy for all eternity.

I'm of course talking about Sakura

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Speaking of which, I will never understand the people who ship her with Kotaro just because she blushed when he asked her how she felt about Saga Rock.

Kotaro is too much of a dick to ever get a love interest anyway

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 16, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Potential spoilers for episode 3: According to Saki's VA, apparently the girls are going to fact a huge crisis next episode. What do you all think it could ve? I think it will involve Ai leaving the group due to something related to Iron Frill.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I thought the episode would have to do more with Ai and Iron Frill, seeing as how they're focused on in the preview for episode 3

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Hel posted:

Since the original thread is locked I figured I'm gonna ask here: I started watching the first season and it seems ok so far, but is Tatsumi going to stop being an abusive shithead? It kinda takes the fun out of the rest of the series.

That's the reason I refuse to ship any of the girls with him, even Sakura.

Sakura and Ai would be much happier if they got with Saki and Junko respectively

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1383797601896517641

There's going to be a new ZLS manga in Ultra Jump, and from the description, apparently it will involve Tae's backstory

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Saw something on Twitter that Romero (possibly) died in 1989, so now I'm convinced that ZLS is going to troll us by making this Romero's backstory.

Also, there's text in the image that reads 大予言1989年世界の終わり, or Great Prophecy 1989: The End of the World

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Good episode again. I really liked Junko's guitar solo. I'm also happy that they're developing Ai and Junko's relationship more

Spoilers for episode 3: Do you all think Ai would actually leave Franchouchou behind for Iron Frill? I couldn't see why she would, not to mention that she's a loving zombie

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

GhostStalker posted:

I mean, multigenerational idol groups are a thing where members “graduate” and new ones join all the time. What year did Ai die again? She died at the height of Iron Frill’s popularity in the Showa Era, so mid 2000s? They’ve been around for 10 years or so (since it’s June 2019 at the moment in the anime) which if they’re super popular is not impossible.

Loved the detail where they changed the aspect ratio with letterboxing when Junko was singing her acoustic Heisei era idol song, as well as the two metal heads, the Doremi motorcycle gang girls led by Saki’s co-leader’s daughter, and Lily’s giant of a dad were in the opening concert crowd scene. The preview from last week made it seem like this was gonna be solely an Ai episode, but we got a bunch of Junko as well, and I’m not complaining.

Anyway, someone better at sunrunes than me tell me who was voicing the center of Iron Frill, Shiori, this episode? Bound to be listed in the credits, but I can’t read their names.

It's Sora Tokui, who also voiced Nico in Love Live.

Also, I'm probably alone on this, but I actually like Ai the most, mostly due to her character arc on Season 1, and having a really determined attitude after episode 7

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Other than to be at the top again, would there be any reason why Ai would leave her friends for Iron Frill? We haven't seen any indication that she even wants to do that

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Takoluka posted:

There's probably a small part of her that misses being on that hardcore level, but her current group was insulted to her face. She loves Franchouchou and her friends; she would never leave them.

Part of me is worried that Ai will start to think that they want her out of the group. I say this because in the episode preview, there's a scene where the lunch she has spells out the word Hippo, when it was supposed to be Ganbare. My fear is that Iron Frill is going to make Ai think that Franchouchou is sick of her by doing stuff like this so that she'll be convinced to leave them.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

That ended up being a very gay episode, especially at the end.

I loving loved it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So do the girls look different to whoever looks at them without their makeup? When the cop saw Junko in episode 2 last season, she looked fine apart from the sunken eyes and cheeks. This time she looked awful

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Now we know why Tae-chan is so legendary: apparently she's Neil Peart's illegitimate daughter.

She was bawling her eyes out over Ai, give her a break.

No I felt bad for her - I'm just curious why when someone sees them without makeup, their appearance varies from person to person

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Is it just me, or did part of the episode feel like a love drama

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Please don't body shame the girls

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I just noticed that in the episode preview, Lilly's bow and her hair color makes the Trans Pride flag colors

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I will never understand people who are denying the obvious yuri subtext in episode 4. Am I just seeing things?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Now part of me is hoping they sneak in the gay or lesbian pride colors whenever we see Ai and Junko together on screen

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Something I really like about the story so far is how Franchouchou is becoming more famous in Japan as the episodes progress, starting with the radio show, then being recognized as rivals by Iron Frill, and now Lily's performance going viral.

I really hope that for the ending of Revenge, it ends with the girls either being ousted as zombies, or them revealing themselves as zombies, and Japan accepts them because they love the group so much. That way, they can all see their families again. These girls deserve a happy ending, not a sad one where the pass on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

MonsterEnvy posted:

She died like 10 years ago in story did she not.

Yeah she did. Honestly I would think that Sakura's parents would be curious about it, but come to the conclusion that it's probably just someone who looks like her