Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Metalhead guys continue to deliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I really like how they draw Sakura's expressions. She reminds me of a Peanuts character.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Junko having her mind blown that her peers were dating in secret and she didn't know was a good minor moment.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

RIP Kotoro's guitar

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

As they gain national prominence I am wondering if we get a plot where Sakura's family wonders why the girl on tv looks exactly like their deceased daughter.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

She died like 10 years ago in story did she not.

Yeah less of thinking they are the same person and more of wondering about the similarity.

Nephthys posted:

It's pretty crazy that the judges acknowledged that Lily improvised a whole new arrangement for that song on the fly, modified her outfit and arranged everything with the staff for the altered performance all in 10 minutes or so and still gave the win to her opponent. Her performance got just as much of a reaction and she had a huge disadvantage. The only explanation is that they thought they'd get backlash for not picking the established star or it was already decided he'd win.

It's super scummy btw for a nationally famous performer to go to a 'japans got talent' show to compete against unknowns and local idols. What a douche.

Yeah I was thinking the same while watching that it was a totally douche move.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That was a fun episode!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm stoked for a Yugiri episode finally but this week really felt like filler...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hel posted:

I'm halfway through the latest episode and I'm not sure I actually feel like finishing it. It feels to me like a completely different energy to the rest of the show so far.

edit: The second half works a lot better.

Yeah it picked up a little halfway through but I kept pausing it and losing interest up until that point. It really did feel just kinda different.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm curious if the old man is a red herring and it's the grand son that becomes the necromancer bartender. He said last season that Yugiri was special to him so unless she makes an impression in the next episode where I assume she will be killed the grandson seems like he would care more about her.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Willo567 posted:

My prediction is Itou betrays Kiichi and tries to have him executed. Yugiri sacrifices herself for Kiichi, and Kiichi goes on to revitalize Saga. The old man then gets his old powers back, and is indebted to Yugiri for not only saving Kiichi, but for also leading the way to Saga becoming revitalized. Honestly, you can see most of the twists in the show coming if you pay attention during several scenes of the show (Lily being trans, Maimai as a character) - the fact that Jofuku is played by Yazan here as well has led me to believe he's also the bartender.

The alternative is after Yugiri saves Kiichi he begs his grandfather to teach him necromancy as it's been foreshadowed he's smart enough to become a doctor. The grandfather also seems more concerned with the name of Saga than the ideal of making it a more egalitarian place. I could see it go either way.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Willo567 posted:

poo poo's about to get real.

Turns out that all of the girls deaths were a result of some curse that looms in Saga, hence the crazy deaths like Ai getting directly struck by lightning for three full seconds. Also, I'm glad that the deadline seems to be something to do with either the curse that Xu Fu was talking about, or the cataclysmic event, though I would imagine that the girls existence are tied to him. Also noticed that Okoba's photos has Tae as a OL just like in the spinoff manga

I love this show

I feel like Saki wasn't part of a cursed death, she's just a maniac.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Man I can't believe we are almost done already..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

lmao not the ending I was expecting I'll give them to that