Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Qwertycoatl posted:

I want to know what Tai's day job is

She's working with Sakura - you can see her in freeze-frame running past while Sakura's cleaning the cows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Hel posted:

Since the original thread is locked I figured I'm gonna ask here: I started watching the first season and it seems ok so far, but is Tatsumi going to stop being an abusive shithead? It kinda takes the fun out of the rest of the series.

He's... not exactly going to stop, but the girls won't be taking it lying down.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

GhostStalker posted:

I mean, multigenerational idol groups are a thing where members “graduate” and new ones join all the time. What year did Ai die again? She died at the height of Iron Frill’s popularity in the Showa Era, so mid 2000s? They’ve been around for 10 years or so (since it’s June 2019 at the moment in the anime) which if they’re super popular is not impossible.

Got the eras mixed up there; Ai died in the Heisei era.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Takoluka posted:

There's probably a small part of her that misses being on that hardcore level, but her current group was insulted to her face. She loves Franchouchou and her friends; she would never leave them.

Yeah. I think Iron Frill's new lead has essentially misjudged Ai, mistaking "wanting to be on their level" with "wanting to join them".

This part of the plot is probably more about Junko's fears and worries, not anything Ai would actually do.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
There's speculation based on the strand of hair poking out that it's Yugiri wrapped up in there.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Willo567 posted:

I think it's unlikely - the meeting scenes are usually the first scenes of the episode, and we see her next to LIly in the episode preview

Then again, it's not like they haven't done multiple meeting scenes in an episode - see Ep 5 of S1.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Willo567 posted:

Do you think Yugiri reverted back to being mindless, or would Kotaro actually be taking this poo poo seriously and not acting goofy like usual

If it is her, I'd expect "because of wacky hijinks" over anything else.

As for Kotaro... dude can be goofy when things get serious for the girls, so no way of telling there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Well... she does have a flaw, and it's one her personality type makes it difficult to overcome. She doesn't take the initiative, doesn't decide what she wants to do with her life. That's why she's effectively sidelined in her own story, because she's never been the main driver of her own life, just going along with whatever happens to her. When she does take the initiative, it's with the expectation that she's going to die.

So yeah. She has a flaw that leaves her functionally passive, which's a frequently dissatisfying flaw because it can leave the character sidelined even when the spotlight's on them.