Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I didn't know there was an order to the shows, so I watched Organized Crime before SVU, big mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I know it makes for fun tv, but at some point you would think that the SVU detectives would learn not to verbally assault and threaten every single suspect.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I was confused about the SVU thing, as I remember it the SVU had nothing to do with arresting the black guy, it was just regular NYC cops. So why is Benson to blame for what another department did?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

fartknocker posted:

Much like crazy restaurant lady, I'm also wondering why nobody seems to be wearing their mask in the SVUniverse.

The real answer is that nobody wants to watch tv where all the actors faces are covered by masks, it's the same reason why superheroes are constantly removing their masks or helmets in movies.

So either you ignore covid like most shows, or you make a half-hearted effort to acknowledge it like SVU does, it's silly but there really isn't any alternative.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

YeahTubaMike posted:

Also, Carisi/Nicole is giving me a very uncomfortable Jim/Karen from The Office vibe. After pining after Rollins, he gets himself a nice beautiful girlfriend who he's compatible with and makes sense with, while Rollins remains single. Everyone around Rollins thinks that they're together because cHeMiStRy or whatever. I hope Carisi is moving on, rather than "settling". And yet, I could totally see him dropping Nicole like a sack of potatoes the second that Rollins gives him the time of day.

I get the feeling that Carisi’s relationship with Nicole ended during that same episode, after the way she acted.
But I agree that it feels really weird for the show to go back to the Rollins relationship so many years later.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Organized Crime isn't doing anything for me, Stapler in SVU was a product of his time but bringing the character back without any growth as a person just feels boring.
Together with the constant SVU crossovers it doesn't feel like it's own show. I will check out the second season, see if it's just growing pains.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I’m surprised they even continued the Nicole relationship, it didn’t exactly start well. It just seems like they wanted to introduce a love interest who was unlikable, so that they could easily get rid of her.

As I remember the Casini/Rollins relationship, it was pretty much just him acting like a lovesick puppy, and her making it clear she just wanted to be friends. It’s weird to come back to this after several years.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
From what I can recall the only episode she has been in, is the one where she was introduced.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Didn’t he leave to play a psychiatrist on another series that was cancelled after one season? He could have come back.

Yes, he was on Awake, which was a criminally under-watched show.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It’s funny seeing how bad Stabler is at this undercover stuff, people keep saying that they don’t know or trust him, but he still keeps leaving to see his family or talk to the other cops.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I have no relation to the main Law and Order show, I don’t even remember anything about it other than the title theme, but the first episode felt like such a cliche that it was almost a parody, and I only made it 20 minutes into the first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Vintersorg posted:

I loved last week the new person is told to get dress up and get a suit meanwhile Ice-T walking around in a sportscoat and polo. :lol:

Was she directly asked to get a suit? I thought the issue was that she dressed like she was still trying to fit in with street thugs, which isn't exactly the best look when trying to comfort rape victims.