Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MJeff posted:

Ahahahahahahah. Offscreen!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Has this had a :doink: in it so far?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
That’s what they want you to think. The twist will be when Stabler ends up with Munch.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I wish those Homicide episode were still included with related original L&O episodes. I can’t recall which channel it was that aired them together (A&E, maybe?), but none of the channels that have aired it seemingly for the last 20 years have done that. The same also goes for the handful of crossovers between the original series and SVU, as there’s a few episodes I didn’t even realize were related because I really only watched the original series (Which seemingly always had the second part of the story) and didn’t start with SVU until years and years later.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Hell, even before streaming, it barely got syndicated. Some Googling' says it was only on Lifetime for a few years in the late 90's, which was probably the same time when A&E would include their episode with L&O to complete the two-parters until they gave up the rights in the early 00's. I wish it were streaming, as Homicide is a show I'd love to actually go and watch again now that I'm older to see how well it holds up.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Also the episode from L&O where Ed Green got shot.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
That didn’t sound like Steven Zirnkilton...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

MorrisBae posted:

The lack of masks...everywhere is loving with me though

:same:

Hand Knit posted:

hell of a way to write "Stabler dating again" in to the show.

That whole scene was lol wtf

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hand Knit posted:

Kid's probably named Forrest after the KKK founder.

Yep.

Also, I noticed the law firm they went to had Robinette as one of the partners.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
:laffo: this is some Bond villain level teasing

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

MJeff posted:

Cripes, I totally forgot about this. :lol:

I miss anything with SVU?

Benson may have let a dude who got shot die cause she called off an ambulance to get him to talk or something idk

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Like, I think the implication is that guy talked and presumably Benson called the EMTs and he lived, but they went from Benson cancelling the ambulance to commercial and then her and Fin off pursuing the other guy without any mention of shot white guy again so I dunno maybe they just stood there and watched him die who knows it’s SVU anything is possible

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

MJeff posted:

...did we know before this episode that the sarge was gay?

I don’t think so. I think this is the first time her character has gotten fleshed out a bit.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Stabler shutting down SkyNet to prevent Judgement Day

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

HOLY gently caress posted:

lmao so we’ve had Wheatley threaten someone on a Ferris wheel and now with an octopus, I hope we get lasers or murderous circus performers next week

I'm quite okay with him intimidating or threatening to murder someone with a method from a different Bond villain each episode.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

MJeff posted:

I'm invested enough in OC's story so far, but, yes, I want the original Law and Order back too. I honestly wouldn't even just mind if they brought back the entire cast of season 20 and just picked up from there. Lupo-Bernard-Rubirosa-Cutter was one of my favorite combos in the entire show and Van Buren and McCoy as the respective authority figures worked super well.

Agreed, although S. Epatha Merkerson was planning to leave the show after season 20 anyway, so Van Buren wasn’t gonna be back.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I know SVU has been on for 22 years, but isn't this like the 35th time Benson has walked into a hostage situation?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Much like crazy restaurant lady, I'm also wondering why nobody seems to be wearing their mask in the SVUniverse.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Rofl the literal “and everybody cheered” ending

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hand Knit posted:

Is there a significance to the shoes?

His son has the same pair, they showed them in the recap at the beginning of the episode.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Yeah, Gina’s gone the way this is looking.

Also lol Stabler punching a hole in the wall.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
The actress who played that judge I’m pretty sure has been on every single L&O show since season 1 of the original series.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

MJeff posted:

I don't remember if it was SVU or vanilla the other time they did it as part of a mob storyline, but I remember because the mob defense attorney cause he was that big, fat John Goodman lookin' dude that they only trot out when they need a really, REALLY contemptible defense attorney.

SVU, I think his name is Callahan or something. IIRC, that guy only started showing up once Benson was in command.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Yeah, that guy!

Anyway, next week we’re gonna find out Kathy Stabler was secretly a drug kingpin or something.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

MJeff posted:

Robin Williams Supervillain episode is on Ion right now. He is so, so, so great in this whacky-rear end episode. :allears:

The last few episodes of that season are nuts between that, the defense attorney throwing herself and the client she’s obsessed with off the roof of the DA’s building, and then the last episode with Lake shooting people and Novak getting in trouble.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

YeahTubaMike posted:

Both of those episodes were on last night, and both of them were delightful :haw:

Yeah, Ion on Saturdays shows SVU in chronological order, so they just finished season 9 and started season 10. It’s one of my go to options for background noise/light, although their HD channel always seems to glitch out and freeze for some reason.

Mooseontheloose posted:

are those SPEED WEED episodes?

Nah, I think SPEED WEED is a few years later.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Wait, who are we talking about, Brian Cassidy from SVU or Nina Cassady from L&O? Brian at least was mildly interesting both in season 1 and when he showed up a billion years later as an undercover. Nina was… just not good.

Wasn’t Dodds in just one season too? He was kinda :geno: but not bad at his job that I remember.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Yeah, I’m pretty sure the sad threesome is the start of the episode/season after his sister got machine gunned in front of him and he’d fallen into the heavy drinking and partying.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

MJeff posted:

Rollins was a rape victim, Carisi did something and Sisto was a defense attorney one episode before he became a detective!

Admittedly, that was the end of one season/start of the next, so it was less obvious at the time than it is in syndication.

Let’s not forget Jerry Orbach as a defense attorney in season 2, S. Epatha Merkerson as a cleaning woman early on season 1, and Annie Parisse as a stripper. Ice-T was in Exiled as a pimp or something. I’m pretty Raul Esparza was accused of killing a woman during rough sex (Which they showed a hilarious video of!) in a late season episode of vanilla L&O as well, along with some others I’m probably forgetting.

One of the best of these was Andre Braugher appeared in the original L&O as his character from Homicide, then years later shows up as a separate defense attorney character in SVU, and asks Munch if they’ve met before.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hand Knit posted:

Raul Esparza was a Perez Hilton type who killed someone as part of a plot blackmailing Samantha Bee.

Oh yeah, forgot it was part of that episode.

Another good one in a slightly different sense: Larry Miller played Michael Dobson repeatedly killing his wives in seasons 5 and 6, then appeared as himself in season 13.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

HOLY gently caress posted:

Also where are people watching original L&O at the moment in the US? I looked at Netflix and Hulu and over-the-air tv just seems to have constant NCIS on at all times but no L&O :(

It's on TV a lot. Like, literally, right this moment, it's on We TV. They have all 20 seasons and show them on different days, but they're on different rotations. Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon/evening are currently showing season 7, and it's also on most of Sunday afternoon, where they're on season 3. Ion has something like seasons 13-20, which they show a few mornings a week until about 10 or 11 AM, currently around season 19. BBC America also shows it, at least on Monday nights. They're on season 6 or so right now and show at least the early seasons, but I don't know how far into the series they carry or if it's on any other days.

MJeff posted:

Maybe he was just playing Finn in that one. :v:

I haven't seen it in forever, but I'm pretty sure he died in that, although I can't remember the details of it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I’m pretty sure there are more channels, those are just the ones I knew off hand show the original series and where to check on my grid. I know someone mentioned Bounce, an OTA channel I don’t get but some family does, airs it as well, and I’m sure it’s probably one some of those other sub channels or cable stuff as well.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Florek also either wrote or directed an episode or two of Vanilla during the years before he came back with SVU. He also guested in a few other episodes as well during that time, with them saying Cragen was in some task force.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Timby posted:

... I said that in my post.

:doh: phone posting in haste lol

MJeff posted:

It was intended to be Van Buren's write-off, though, right?

Yes, S. Epatha Merkerson had already announced she was leaving the show before it was cancelled and the season finale also turned into the series finale.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Pablo Schreiber is in a few other episodes as well.

Another good one is Dallas Roberts, who was a trust fund drug addict early in Vanilla, a murdering lawyer who tries to kill Cutter in a bathroom late in the show, shows up as a closeted guy somewhere in the middle of SVU, and then later appears repeatedly as serial killer Gregory Yates.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
And continuing our trend of people who’ve been in a dozen episodes across multiple shows it’s… that guy!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hand Knit posted:

Does Benson have a framed picture of Ruth Bader Ginsburg in her office?

Yes. Also what looks like a small figure of her on the desk. I have no idea how long they’ve been there, though.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hand Knit posted:

And it just cut out with Felix walking out of the drug dealer's place. Someone tell me how the SVU episode ends.

He got domed, Stabler and Benson’s car got shot up, and then OC starts with them in IAB.

Meanwhile, this has, uh… taken a turn…

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hand Knit posted:

Wheatley is wearing murder gloves.

And has a hit squad out of a Metal Gear-clone.

EDIT: I continue to be amazed Gina is still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
The gently caress?!

:doink: