Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
All hail Strong Nathan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Sankara posted:

Seconded.

I never have time to watch their streams. Are they worth checking out? Any highlights?

I love their streams, both the Drawfee official one and Jacob and Julia’s Secret Sleepover Society gaming stream. Extremely chill, good-natured vibes. One of my favourite running gags is the audience getting Karina to draw different iterations of Hatsune Miku. I personally contributed Wombatsune Miku.

As for Secret Sleepover Society, the all-time highest highlight has to be “Oh, Hitman...!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Inspired by today's episode:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The Drawfee crew is just, like, ridiculously positive so if they’re grousing about something like that it’s most likely a bit they’re doing. Jacob in particular plays at being antagonistic towards the fan base, but it never feels like more than good-natured foolery.

The one exception is that Karina does get anxious about too many people overstepping on Twitter, which I think is 100% valid, anyways.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It doesn’t help that Karina apparently gets a lot of negative poo poo on Twitter. Like, equal parts people trashing her and infantilizing her. It’s to the point that they had to delete her page from the Drawfee wiki because people were just being straight up creepy and malicious.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The speed drawing episodes are my favourite ever. When they start with a blank canvas with a big play button on top you know it’s going to be great.

And I love how they’ve all been really challenging themselves during this pandemic. Jacob in particular talked quite often about how he tends to stick to his cartoony style, but then the “Painting Love, Actually Characters as Demon Souls Bosses” came along and he’s pushing himself to do full-on digital painting and it’s amazing.

And then there’s Julia and Blender...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Complemented nicely by demolishing Nathan at the end.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

I feel like within the last year in particular, Drawfee has regularly exposed me to weird internet culture poo poo I never would've heard of otherwise.

I was certainly unaware of the Onceler phenomenon.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I did enjoy how Spencer Julia’d Julia.

“I just decided to do a full animation” is the new “I just decided to learn Blender”.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
(Roxanne)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Piss Boy is from the first season of Drawtectives.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
They definitely used feminine pronouns in regards to Shiva and admitted that, while they had done research on Nathan and Karina’s deities, pretty much everything they knew about Shiva came from Final Fantasy, which is, of course, famously accurate.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I’m just glad I’m not the only person who got really hung up on the “Hide the ham” comic.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bonk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLawMRvh--k

The twist in today's episode is absolutely incredible. Don't skip ahead, just wait for it.

Merobiba, you've done it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Caldwell + Karina energy is so rare, but especially great because of that. Her increasingly unhinged cackling was fantastic.