Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

5% after mom if you have 20 items which is baffling then 10/15/20% for heart and next 2 sets of bosses then 50% for mega satan

with like 13 post it notes done I don't think I've seen it on mega satan once, usually isaac/satan and ???/lamb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

watho posted:

it’s always been guaranteed after hush and 50% chance from mega satan. don’t know the other percentages tho it’s something dumb like 10% or whatever

oh yeah you gotta fight hush for the garunteed one

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i had it appear on my last mega satan fight which was sick because it was a run capable of killing delirium

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I only see it after mega satan when I already cleared it for that character.

Had a sick lost run that had among other things schoolbag, mom's box and smelter that ended with no portal. Then I had a sicker lost run that started next to dead cat, gupped on womb 2 and picked up hive mind in hush's shop with like 27 damage - never seen hush or delirium go down so fast and now AB+ lost is done! Just apollyon (boring), keeper (ugh) and a couple of greediers left

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

welcome posted:

I only see it after mega satan when I already cleared it for that character.

It can't clear on your first mega satan kill ever because then the game goes straight to the ending cutscene, but after that I don't think it makes a difference

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

It can't clear on your first mega satan kill ever because then the game goes straight to the ending cutscene, but after that I don't think it makes a difference

The game goes straight to the ending cutscene every time if the portal doesn't show up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hush is really easy to reach and is kind of a pushover, if youre trying to get delirium completion marks

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
not anymore since he switches up attacks so fast he can start another one while theres still bullets from his previous one. very cool being swarmed by the continuum tears while he spawns mobs and then does the tear pillars attack that go at 40000 mph

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Man how do you all play greedier, what's the strategy there? I make so little progress it's like I'm dead in the water by the end of caves

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

keep rerolling until you get a damage up item for your first item :cheers:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Man how do you all play greedier, what's the strategy there? I make so little progress it's like I'm dead in the water by the end of caves

I just cleared it with eve and got a quarter in a pot in the first room op. easy win

Seriously though despite how you're handling devil/angel rooms in the main game I feel you should always open the devil room on floor 1, skip it and then take the guaranteed angel on floor 2 of greedier mode. tends to go more smoothly that way in my experience so far.

If you find an item on sale the next item that shows up in that spot if you buy it will also be on sale, good way to get a lot of items

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

getting tired of basement 2 being gigantic

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just keep gupping over and over. guppy's eye is such a sick item. Cleared out the rest of Eve this morning, 13/17 regular characters done. Just Keeper, Apollyon, Jacob & Esau and The Lost left...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Keeper down as well. Took a lot of runs to get one that could take out delirium but I finally got car battery and habit at the same time and managed to get guppy in the void. Apollyon next.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

apollyon kinda sucks

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

https://twitter.com/okiwont_is_bad/status/1394709850580525058?s=21

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Does mama mega open boss rush/hush if you use it in the boss room after it's already been cleared? Had duality and the angel room spawned over the big exit :negative:

At least the portal showed up after mega satan that time.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

welcome posted:

Does mama mega open boss rush/hush if you use it in the boss room after it's already been cleared? Had duality and the angel room spawned over the big exit :negative:

At least the portal showed up after mega satan that time.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it does, to be safe you could use it in the angel room though

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
it does, just make sure you dont pop mama mega then enter devil/angel room, cause then when you exit the bosshush door will be gone

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

ArfJason posted:

it does, just make sure you dont pop mama mega then enter devil/angel room, cause then when you exit the bosshush door will be gone

I found that out the hard way earlier. Luckily that one was just a boss rush, but losing out on a free hush kill because duality...:blastu:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
im 100% certain the boss rush room thing happens to everyone at least once

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Did you know if you leave a dead cat in a red chest then keep getting red chests another one can spawn, leading to 18 extra lives? I wonder if that can also happen with other guppy items though idk if any of them would get much use out of being duplicated.

Also Parasitoid with high luck + Guppy is like super guppy, parasitoid is definitely one of my favorite items
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzSQzJO-TmQ

Finished Apollyon and very glad he's done. He's cool when you get like danger charge or The Battery or a packed library but aside from that I don't enjoy Void all that much. I didn't think I'd be playing this much Isaac when I bought Repentance on a whim 6 weeks ago but here we are.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

keep showing your steam profile acheivments and see what happens

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I will again when I hit 637. See you then lyle

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Did you know if you leave a dead cat in a red chest then keep getting red chests another one can spawn, leading to 18 extra lives? I wonder if that can also happen with other guppy items though idk if any of them would get much use out of being duplicated.
That's cool, I don't think I've had that. Speaking of dupes, I had a run with crooked penny and duplicated Eden's Blessing or whatever the name is (the one where you start the next run with an item). So I started with 2. Would that carry over to greed mode? I've never tried.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
delirium as tainted lost done. fuckin sick gettin telefragged three different attempts thank god for birthright + glowing hourglass

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
greedier done, thats all of t lost

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

turns out the real aids poop was this game all along

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

That's cool, I don't think I've had that. Speaking of dupes, I had a run with crooked penny and duplicated Eden's Blessing or whatever the name is (the one where you start the next run with an item). So I started with 2. Would that carry over to greed mode? I've never tried.

Yeah it does, and it caps at 10 or something

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

After spending six hours or so playing as Tainted Keeper (and loving it, but getting nowhere), I finally got an OP run. Planned to go for Chest but switched to Delerium once I got Poly (I had Tech + Soy Milk prior to that). When I got to Hush I had curse of the Blind so I didn't know what I was getting. I rolled the dice and duplicated a room with Crooked Penny and got TWO PSY FLYS. So it was smooth from there on out.

goferchan posted:

Yeah it does, and it caps at 10 or something
Sweet, I'll keep that in mind.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Why did I take Dr. Fetus on J&E I'm such a moron

Cricket's Body on Esau made the bombs shoot in random directions every time, I got myself killed trying to scrounge up health in the void after finally getting there with them. with 2 books of revelation

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

God yes gently caress this dumbass character

Just Mother and Beast left with these two then it's time for The Lost

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just fought mother with Jacob and Esau and she kept doing the most annoying attacks possible to dodge with them over and over holy poo poo...made it through with half a heart on each of them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Finished off J&E, my first Lost run is going extremely well

I'm going for Mother

edit: the Lost vs. Mother, insanely good run lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8lF-XcPRQo

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 21, 2021

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

talking to myself in the void

holy crap I beat delirium with the lost. was just going for the dark room but the portal spawned after It Lives and I had 9 lives so I went for it. I was dragging an alabaster box around instead of the eternal d6 and didn't get enough soul hearts until the void and for whatever reason it only dropped 1 angel item, one that was completely useless for the lost. then the next boss dropped holy water so maybe it was just some kind of bug.

I lost 6 lives, pretty much every single one to mom's foot and the eyes that it lives spawns. was worried about being able to do this mark but a million hits at once kinda wreck his normal form.

Only mark I'm really worried about now is boss rush because of the sheer amount of off screen brimstone there

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the lost marks are pretty easy except delerium

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

and mother probably. gently caress that lovely boss and edmund and nicalis howstever i shant play this turd again but i WILL gripe about it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Nicalis company is not happy with me--that's okay, I'll still keep playing that garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

The Nicalis company is not happy with me--that's okay, I'll still keep playing that garbage.