Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Isaac is the game I have the most hours logged on, hope this expansion is good :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Happy to say the dime chime has been improved.
e:holy crap those whip guys are fast
e: also I pretty much only play on hard and I think I get a curse like 75% of floors. :(

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 1, 2021

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Did the increase the chance of money dropping? I feel like I'm getting more than I used to.
Haven't made much progress on the alternate paths yet. Still working at it.
Also I rediscovered how bullshit Greedier mode is. God I hate it.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

Shes garbage if you get a garbage activayed item (all of them)

She's got a couple good ones. Spin to Win is pretty fun.

Also well done on that lost run, that rules!

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I've always completely ignored sac rooms. Maybe I'll give them a shot now.

Plebian Parasite posted:

Doing that thing where I die, close the window in anger, then immediately boot the game back up.
Glad it's not just me.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

. Even with the nigh unbeatable combo Delirium is such a poo poo boss. His behavior is so erratic it's hard to tell what's a glitch and what's not.

Yeah pretty much this. The warps around the room and the random bursts of shots sucks. And then to have him careening at you from out of frame as scorpex or whatever is really poo poo.

I had a run earlier with Ludo, Brim and Pause button as my active. I could just put my tear on the enemy and freeze them indefinitely. Ultimate cheese.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Had my first successful Mother run. drat that was intense. Don't know if I would've got it done if I didn't have Guppy and two other transformations.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Saw a quarter for sale in the shop for 35 cents. Hard mode, ftw

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Made it to The Beast for the first time with ipecac, which was already hard enough, but I also had lost contact. So that sucked and I died.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

WHY DID THEY NERF 1+1.

Yeah I just found this out too. Everything is terrible.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I didnt read the spoilers about the red key being a garuneteed drop only once fuuu

I made this mistake too 😞

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

The Beast fight is fun as hell. Finally got it finished once, with Lillith. Fantastic. Now to do it a couple dozen more times.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Sounds like I need to get Tainted Cain before he inevitably gets nerfed to trash-tier.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Took Eden all the way home and realized as soon as I Started the ascent that I forgot to leave a trinket for a cracked key. Love doing the same thing over and over and again.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

blasted through hush and delirium with tainted judas, getting some sick unlocks tonight. if I ever get psy fly from now on I am bee-lining to hush/delirium if I don't have their marks on the character. crazy item

Might actually get the 5 streak secret if I keep playing strong characters...up to 3 in a row now

Psy Fly rules and made me nearly untouchable on my last Beast run.
I've tried ultra hard about 10 times and hate it.

Took this screenshot about 30 seconds before I got beat down by Dogma because I wasn't ready for the homing brim attack. But at least I unlocked Tainted Lost!

e: Oh boy, I get to get reachieve all the marks with Tainted Lost without Holy Mantle, just like I had to do with OG Lost. Great.

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 24, 2021

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Tried my first Tainted Isaac run just planning to fight Isaac but ended up with Halo + Mom's Knife by depths 2. Did the bosh rush, Got Godhead womb 1 and then comitted to Hush + Delerium. Got the psy fly off a void boss and made it through! :hellyeah:

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I just ruined the highest damage build that I think I've seen since starting repentance, it melted hush in like 1 minute. But I picked up the item at the end of this vid without knowing what it did

https://streamable.com/yh5qfq

ah well, tainted keeper is crazy anyway it shouldn't be too bad getting back to the void again...

Hahahahaha. That build is wild though.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

After struggling through Bloody Mary with lovely items, I managed to get a gold razor in the Depths 2 shop and carried that with 50 coins to Satan.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

It really is its own lexicon. Like having poly ipecac and then libra to achieve soy milk levels of explosive tear rate? Epic.

Also I don't think I've gotten cancer in my last 100 runs. Is it not in hard mode?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Yeah, I meant the trinket.

Evil Eagle posted:

Red Redemption took me forever, I died to mother after killing her twice and on attempt had the game crashing on her, finally got it just now. The rocket launcher bomb modifier is really really good against her

Don't think I'm gonna go for Brains or Ultra Hard until I get some more unlocks but those are the only 2 I have left

Brains just takes patience and getting the hang of it. It's not bad. Someday I'll buckle down and finish ultra hard. Right now I have to figure out what my 420th achievement will be.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

So the Red Key kicks all sorts of rear end. The item rooms seem to show up at a decent rate.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

drat tractor beam on regular lilith is insane in greedier mode

Yeah I got that in my last lillith run. Very sweet

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Third time ever killing Mother and did it with the mf-ing LOST! Dead Cat Basement 1, Got Chaos on Basement 2 and built huge from there. Immediately rerolled an item to Mutant Spider and then got Mom's Knife same floor. Guppy, Conjoined and Yes, Mother? soon followed. Turns out that the knife upgrades do apply to the one behind you with Mom's Eye. Also I got Strange Attractor as a blind item and would NOT recommend it against Mother.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

extremebuff posted:

why do they have to bury cool new stuff like this lol

Man so much cool stuff buried. Brutal. Everything is terrible.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I do want the mudeth ost for some variety after 200 hrs. I leave the music on but I've gone through almost the entire mst3k catalog while playing isaac since repentance came out

Now this is the real pro tip. I should watch more of those.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Man how do you all play greedier, what's the strategy there? I make so little progress it's like I'm dead in the water by the end of caves

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Did you know if you leave a dead cat in a red chest then keep getting red chests another one can spawn, leading to 18 extra lives? I wonder if that can also happen with other guppy items though idk if any of them would get much use out of being duplicated.
That's cool, I don't think I've had that. Speaking of dupes, I had a run with crooked penny and duplicated Eden's Blessing or whatever the name is (the one where you start the next run with an item). So I started with 2. Would that carry over to greed mode? I've never tried.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

After spending six hours or so playing as Tainted Keeper (and loving it, but getting nowhere), I finally got an OP run. Planned to go for Chest but switched to Delerium once I got Poly (I had Tech + Soy Milk prior to that). When I got to Hush I had curse of the Blind so I didn't know what I was getting. I rolled the dice and duplicated a room with Crooked Penny and got TWO PSY FLYS. So it was smooth from there on out.

goferchan posted:

Yeah it does, and it caps at 10 or something
Sweet, I'll keep that in mind.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Only mark I'm really worried about now is boss rush because of the sheer amount of off screen brimstone there

I usually stand just south between where the two bosses spawn which keeps out of range of most things like the instabrim for Bloat. But yeah, Delerium is still the biggest bullshit one for the telefrags/stomps.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Oh right you never had Godhead. That item rules.

e: tried Tainted Eden for the first time and beat Mother! Fun (disorienting) character.

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 26, 2021

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

So Eye Of The Occult makes the range on Aza's brim... OK... I guess.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

yeah it's a sick rear end item

The mudeth music mod is out so I went to the steam workshop and I feel bad because this is an imp that I haven't seen post in a long time but still lmfao

Lmao

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Had some fun synergies this time round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Had this absolutely obscene run and then was bumped into the lava during the final fight lol

e: Had a run after this with Guillotine and Pinking Shears. Where the hell is my hitbox lmao

DeadMansSuspenders fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 18, 2021