Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Who was that dude who looked like a giant baby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

Junior Albini?

Hahaha yes. This poo poo human. Whenever I feel bad about my physique I remember he exists.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like Michael Bisping having won the belt now just affords him to talk a never ending stream of poo poo to everyone.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Automator posted:

Nah, rockhold has traditionally had exceptional wrestling, especially in the scramble. What he needs is better boxing so he can set up takedowns and execute that game plan instead of getting knocked unconscious repeatedly

He's also 36, coming off two really bad knockouts and hasn't had a win in nearly 4 years. While I'm not saying he can't have a career resurgence as a wrestlefucker, just look at the top of that division.

He not out wrestling

Gastellum
Bobby Knuckes
Derek Brunson
Cannonier
Darren Till

or suriving if he just wants to go full wrestle mode. If he wants to take a few fights against dudes like Weidman or Hall and top up his retirement plan - sure, good luck but at this point putting him against anyone in the top 5 just seems a little cruel and with his injury history I can't see him putting together 2 or 3 good wins to earn a shot.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I too am mad at Rose for not liking totalitarian regimes that are currently committing genocide.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

On the one hand Pat Barry came up in the sanshou circuit and he should have defended the sport over the government.
On the other, he started dating her when she was 17 and he was 35.

I think going after a Chinese fighter over everything is pretty narrow minded, especially since she hasn't been noted as vocally pro-government or pro-genocide.

She specifically said she doesn't have ill will toward Wei Li. Not wanting there to be a champion who can be used for propaganda purposes within a brutal regime isn't crazy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

In this climate, though, her words do have a negative effect on Zhang. It's easy for a lot of people to conflate communism with individuals, same as happened for Covid.

Fair enough, but Rose isn't responsible for how others perceive Wei Li as an individual in any context with her comments at large about her motivations against representatives of communist regimes.

She was directly asked her motivation for the fight ahead and she gave an honest answer.

Rose has always been a little... unique in how she sees the world, partly because of past trauma. It's a little harsh to get the pitchforks out for her because she says communism is bad.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ringo Roadagain posted:

"I dont have any ill will towards you personally. but none of your people should be champion"

this is an insane thing to say

Not at all what she said. Not at all what I was saying but go off king.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

artism posted:

shut up you tedious loving pussy. take your Ben Shapiro semantics and inability to make a simple inference elsewhere

Namajunas has always been stupid and crazy. I doubt that what she’s saying is sincere or well thought out. but she’s also mentally ill and traumatized so I have a hard time being mad over some dumbass gotcha take on the eve of her execution

A woman with ptsd is stupid and crazy, nice.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

lhw is a garbage division where you can just clown on everyone and not really try

If you don't try you almost lose to an average middle weight with a blown out knee.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pena has a chance given that she can be a tireless grappler and Nunes has struggled in the past with that.

Nunes will still knock her into next month but she might actually break a sweat.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kragger99 posted:

Fun little vid of Bobby Knuckles ranking things. My wife is Aussie, and I agree with the top 4 of his top 5 most dangerous animals in Australia. Really pulling for him, but he's got a LOT of accumulated damage at this point of his career. It seems he gets wobbled in every fight he's in, but man when he wins it's something special.

Love the sound bite at 2:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prbl9Z7C19A

Yeah I love me some bobby knuckles. Guys with his style tend to have an expiration date that's shorter than most.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

DC has in the past and will continue forever to own. gently caress the haters.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

Worse than Anderson Silva or Corey Hall?

Yes

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chris Weidman is about to turn 37 (in june) - Silva took a year and a month to come back from his leg break. So he'll be at least 38 before he's back in the ring. That's probably it for him right?
Maybe one more to get the comeback and then retire? Either way I can't see him ever really fighting again.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

EPO is like having a nap after gravity training.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I would like rogan face.jpeg when they did the fox reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Porch has to get the next shot after that right?