Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

lightpole posted:

Is this about kipping pull ups or the fact that crossfit is a stupid cult?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
If I had a dollar for every CrossFit moron that required shoulder surgery or nearly killed their kidneys I'd have at least enough for a meal at Whataburger

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

The best part here is that the crowd is making the proper noises at the proper times.

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1378198648878739456

PUT THE CAT BACK

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

in case you were wondering what profession housed such a piece of poo poo, it is "instagram model"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Godholio posted:

Maybe it's the decade or so of similar bullshit that was in here before that's left a bad taste in my mouth for phrases like that.

can set a loving clock by you climbing up on that second amendment cross

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Eddie Routh needed two

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

The general animating principle of the Biden Administration right now appears to be "do popular stuff", so they might, *might* actually follow through regardless of the what the chucklefucks say. Chuddy types wanted out of Afghanistan for a while.

Literally the only people I see agitating to keep the forever war going are elected officials who get MIC money or people in the MIC. Even my local chud Facebook news comments want to bring everyone home, albeit for vastly different reasons.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Meshka posted:

Police serve a crucial role within a civilized society? I don’t want to be armed when I go outside every time so I don’t get robbed in broad daylight?

do you often use the term 'thugs' when discussing Chicago

show me on the doll where the swarthy hordes touched you

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
while we're here I'd just like to remind everyone that the courts at all levels in the US have affirmed that cops have no duty to protect you up to and including just sitting there watching someone else attack you.

they. are. not. there. to. help. you.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Meshka posted:

What questions though? Iceland, as close as you can probably get to an utopian society, still experiences violent crime. Some people are inherently violent and will prey on others. Some social worker is not going to stop that.

neither is a cop

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
we've spent decades telling cops that theyre a hammer and now we're wondering why they view every problem as a nail.

disarm them, dismiss them and keep tabs on them for the rest of their lives.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I still find it kind of surreal that a country can just *yoink* everything on a cargo ship if it wants to. I mean I guess that's the benefit to being a sovereign power, but jeez.

What would happen if a superjumbo cruise ship got stuck? (I have no idea if cruise ships actually go through the Suez canal much) Do they get to ransom the passengers? Enslave the staff? Do they keep all the passengers' luggage and all the booze and stuff from the onboard mall?

The first world passengers would be fine but good luck to anyone else.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

wins32767 posted:

Is it really a firehose of corruption? The US today is vastly less corrupt than in the 1800s where every federal job was seen as the spoils of victory for winning an election.

lol

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's honestly shocking how rarely cops, prosecutors, and judges are actually targeted in the US. With so many lives and families destroyed, you would expect more people taking that personally.

To be fair cops make up for it by terrorizing their own families.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
professional sports is a blight upon the public. we subsidize it to the tune of tens of billions a year around the world.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
boy propping up the Syrian resistance has sure worked wonders

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Defenestrategy posted:

I don't know a lot about this, but there's a difference between "we're not going to enforce the patent ever" and "we're not enforcing the patent...yet and also you have to agree to these terms and conditions", which has Moderna gone with? Because, I could see drug makers being real hesitant to go all in on spinning up production of a generic if it's the second.

literally no one is going to spend the money to spin up production unless they have an ironclad guarantee that it wont get them hosed later on by the patent holder

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
It's a perfectly natural and legal thrill

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Paddyo posted:

Saw this pop up on gcaptain. Sure glad nobody is concerned about grey hulls going up in smoke if we ever get into a shooting war against someone who can afford a BrahMos.

Can The US Navy Protect Ships From Missile Attacks?
Bloomberg
Total Views: 2125
April 29, 2021

By Tony Capaccio (Bloomberg)

The U.S. Navy “currently does not have a well-defined strategy or funding” for testing to determine whether radar and self-defense systems aboard many of its vessels can stop anti-ship cruise missiles, according to the Pentagon’s acting director of combat testing.

The shortfalls are “creating an unacceptable risk in our ability to evaluate the operational effectiveness and survivability of future ships in combat,” according to Raymond O’Toole, acting director of operational testing and evaluation. His remarks came in a prepared statement for a hearing Wednesday by a Senate Armed Services subcommittee examining the Defense Department’s acquisition system.

Although most of this year’s debate in Washington over Navy shipbuilding is focused on constructing more vessels and improving shipyard maintenance capabilities, O’Toole shed light on the routine but urgent task of testing a completed ship’s combat capability against adversaries such as China, whose arsenal bristles with anti-ship missiles.

O’Toole didn’t single out specific ships in his statement, but his office’s last two annual reports highlighted the Navy’s failure to complete several such tests on the $13 billion Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier.

Tests of a ship’s self-defense systems against anti-ship missiles can’t be performed on an active Navy vessel with a crew aboard for safety reasons. So testing depends on the availability of an unmanned test platform to fire at, live test data and a sophisticated and verified model and simulation, O’Toole said.

The Navy “currently does not have a well-defined strategy or funding to provide any of these three capabilities,” he said.

By Tony Capaccio © 2021 Bloomberg L.P.

the short answer, no. but im sure someone will make a bunch of money in the future pretending that we can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Feel like poo poo, just want March back