Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1377278373316136962

The Newsmax journalist who claimed smoking weed once caused him to black out for four days and wake up in Nairobi is also a Biden Dogs truther.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

A whole lot of you have never been educated as to the benefits of hyperextending all of your joints while doing fast overhead presses and it shows.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Meanwhile, Alex Berenson, the only person in 2021 to fall for a BOFA prank on Twitter and who has views on weed as misinformed as the Newsmax Munchkin, now has an entire article in the Atlantic calling him out for being wrong about every single thing he’s said about COVID.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Handsome Ralph posted:

Seriously. Every time I hear that so-and-so is under Federal investigation I'm usually pretty :what: about it because it could mean a million different things and until an indictment hits, it doesn't really mean anything.

But when I hear the Postal Inspectors are involved?

Gaetz is

My brain still does this.

Remember that it was the Postal Inspectors who took down Bannon.

On a boat

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I always forget about that thread and how sad it makes me feel at first, then I read the plot twist and just get teeth-grinding mad. gently caress Wojtek; dude should never be allowed to care for a living thing and I wonder if CPS came by to rehome his kids with a nice family with two adopted golden retrievers.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

FrozenVent posted:

The saddest protest.

Went a little bit better than the last time open carry idiots did something like this

https://youtu.be/mR4qCvQNrYI

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Wow real glad we implemented these idiot kings in here, poo poo has been super exciting ever since that happened

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

facialimpediment posted:

I've been looking for this confirmation for a while and it's good enough for me: the 8chan guy is the closest thing you'll ever get to Q and it's not worth trying to dig any deeper.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1378925180597239808

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/04/05/ron-watkins-qanon-hbo/

The QAnon Anonymous podcast, Behind the Bastards when they’ve had Frederick Brennan on, and Popular Front’s QAnon series have all tipped right up to the edge of saying this and heavily, heavily implied this to the listener.

Also last week the WaPo did some lovely navel-gazing when they repeated that Travis View was a pen name (which goes against their official policy of quoting or running pieces people who use pen names) despite the fact that View had been open about using it, and had submitted documents that had his real name on it.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

As someone who has to use an Oracle product to do their time sheet, let me just state that I support Oracle getting hosed hard by regulators, courts and the market.

Google can be next.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Best Friends posted:

The people buying the product are very well-insulated from the people who will use the product, and the people selling the product know that.

Sounds like another version of management_vs_labor.docx

Meanwhile this is awesome

https://twitter.com/notmynypd/status/1379202403027804162?s=20

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1379393476404580352?s=20

While this is no doubt a good thing I really hope that a) every eligible adult DOES get a goddamn shot and b) we continue to manufacture and export vaccines to the rest of the world for free because this isn’t anywhere close to the end for so many places.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/danielmarans/status/1379583202168279040

Hmm yes a prominent politician calling for you to resign following credible sexual assault allegations is the same as a pig cop kneeling on your neck until you die. Go gently caress yourself, Fairfax.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I expected totally not SBRs, I swear bro AR pistols to get put on the chopping block because they were really flying close to the sun with the legal status. I’m disappointed that their solution for everything seems to be “hire more cops” as though that does anything to address the root causes of violence. I’m sure the Biden administration will fight way harder to make sure that their selected Waco apologist will survive a confirmation hearing than they did for a $15 minimum wage, too.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Hekk posted:

Really making me wanna abuse IK powers with this hot take.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I would say it's as good as ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters blows

IKs please do the needful

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

New Orleans is an awesome place to visit with incredible food, culture and things to see (esp the WWII museum as others have mentioned) but spend as little time on Bourbon Street as possible, especially on a Friday or Saturday night. It’s overrated and sloppy as gently caress.

Edit: goddamn now I want a coffee and a beignets from Cafe du Monde for breakfast and a shrimp po’boy for dinner

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 9, 2021

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/mannyfidel/status/1380644011103358977

Thinking wistfully and longingly about what might have been

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

The original article also points out that Navario “eluded” the officer for roughly a minute and that the cop knew that people often drive to well-lit areas to stop, and that 80% of the people who do so are POC, who for some mysterious reason have developed a phobia of being shot by police.

The cop who deployed the pepper spray was loving delighted to do so, and his teenage looking backup gets a look on his face several times that says he knows this poo poo is getting out of hand. How on earth is “Yeah, you should be!” an appropriate response to someone saying they’re afraid to step out of the car? I honestly can’t fault the LT for keeping his hands out of the vehicle because at least one of those pigs would have probably yelled “HE’S REACHING!” and shot him had he opened the door from the inside.

The fact that they let him go without charges suggests that they KNEW they super hosed up and were hoping that he wouldn’t file a complaint. Neither of those cops- especially the one who instigated the stop and escalated everything involved- deserves to wear a badge again.

Also, I sometimes drive that stretch of road between VA and the NC border and you better believe I drive the speed limit and make sure all of my lights are working before I get south of Richmond. I’m a white dude with a clean record but know I’m more likely to have a bad encounter with a bored cop on a power trip there than just about anywhere else I visit.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

maffew buildings posted:

Liberal hippy vegan California once again trying to drag the rest of the country down to forced gender reassignment abortions. The Klan existed in Northern California in the late 90s, I don't know about now but white supremacist groups and strong racist sentiment have always been a thing in California. Orange County is one of the most blood red voting blocks in the nation, so big shocker this is being done there.

https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-west/public-safety/2021/04/10/police-gear-up-for--white-lives-matter--rally-in-oc

Orange County has moved blue in recent years, voting more for Clinton and Biden than it did for Trump. That said you do have some large and very intense pockets of deep red chud territory, and also, Huntington Beach in particular has always had a large population of white supremacists.

I went to HS in Newport Beach, and my first experience with Nazis was when the now-imprisoned Matthew Hale of the World Church of the Creator was supposed to speak at a public library near my parent’s house. His permit got cancelled because there were credible threats of militant anti-racists organizing to confront him. Doing research into groups like his and the history of local white supremacist groups like his was definitely a :stonk: moment for a 17 year old kid. Hell, the headquarters for the Institute for Historical Review- a Holocaust denial organization- are in one of the most heavily populated Latino areas as well.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/stephanwozniak/status/1380735027579867138?s=20

The only good thing about NextDoor is that it prompted something like this; also good for finding out which of your “neighbors” will be most likely to form a fascist death squad.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

That’s peak Gulfy right there.

My condolences to whichever South Asian “guest worker” MBS murdered to blow off some stream after this incident.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Thread reminder: Greg Kelly is the munchkin chud who claims smoking weed once caused him to black out for four days and wake up in Kenya.

Edit: I point to videos like this and the Portland execution whenever someone says only the police should have guns.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

how did y'all like the Q documentary btw?

As someone who’s been tracking QAnon since early 2018 there’s nothing totally revelatory in it for me (about to start the 5th episode) but the Watkins family makes my loving skin crawl and I could have gone my entire life without actually seeing them. Jim Watkins looks like he’s perennially posing for his photo to be taken for the sex offender registry and his son gives off major mass shooter vibes.

It’s hard to think of a father-son combo who have done so much damage together.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Remember that there’s no accidental discharges, only negligent ones.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Proud Christian Mom posted:

can set a loving clock by you climbing up on that second amendment cross

Oh gently caress off

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1381683122497011714

Glad to see the President cares more about property than whether the cops murdered someone.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I’ll admit that I’m a little worried about the way things are going with COVID. DC’s vaccine rollout has been a mess (so many people have driven hours to get shots in Maryland and Virginia), and it seems like it’s still going slower than it should be throughout the country. I’m less concerned about the J&J vaccines causing side effects and understand why officials are pausing its usage, but I fear that this will lead to greater vaccine hesitancy in the US.

On a global basis, India and Brazil are a mess, and Bangladesh just went under lockdown again. Also, there’s evidence suggests that the Indian strain may be more resistant to the current vaccines. We really aren’t out of the woods on this, not by a long shot, and maybe it’s the scars of 2020 presenting themselves but I feel like another shoe is about to drop in a big, bad way.

Not trying to do a CSPAM doompost here. I’m certainly more hopeful now than I was at any point last year, it’s just that my optimism is a bit subdued as of late.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been hit with an “entry/exit fee” or some other little bullshit charge coming in and out of places in Africa or the Middle East, always paid in cash directly to the person who was holding my documents at the time. Could I protest it? Sure. Would it be worth it? No, especially when I have four connecting flights to make that day. The only time I would make a stink (after the fact, to my agency’s legal department) is if I got detained and asked to pay a fine for my release because then it’s not just a bribe, it’s effectively robbery.

Now extrapolate that out to global shipping when there’s tons of ships waiting to pass through a canal or enter a port. Bribery and low level corruption is a fact of life- lovely as that may be- for a lot of places in the world, and while I won’t defend it, I certainly understand why it happens.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

PookBear posted:

we went through four years of trump and decrying the constant cronyism and self dealing but now bribes are OK

There’s a huge difference between members of the ruling party/family rearranging the entire ship of state to gorge themselves at the public trough and some bureaucrat who’s a generation removed from being a dirt farmer who gets paid in scraps seeking extra cash on the side because everyone else at their ministry does it.

Both are technically wrong but let’s not pretend there’s not an order of magnitude of difference between them. I mean gently caress when I lived in Egypt I knew a few doctors who were employed by the Ministry of Health who had their wages (less than $100 a month) supplemented by a few dozen chicken eggs.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Maybe the 21 year old shitbag who was hanging out with a 13 year old and shooting at cars late at night and the pig who shot the 13 year old can share a cell.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I wonder what’s going to happen when the statewide moratorium on evictions expires 45-60 days after the pandemic “ends.” That kind of seems like the “Wiley E. Coyote running off the edge of the cliff but not falling until he looks down” moment except with people shooting at sheriffs deputies coming to evict them.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Defenestrategy posted:

I don't see how this matters? It's supremely stupid, but the cards shouldn't be used by any organization or event as a means of verifying vaccine status in the first place. Even if the cards where somehow strictly controlled and forgery proof, you'd still have shitheads borrowing other peoples cards or outright stealing them.

It matters because having bad data about who has been vaccinated will impede the efforts of people doing contact tracing or tracking the spread of variants, which could lead to a misdirection of resources or misapplication of measures.

My absolute biggest fear is that the pace of mutations will eclipse the glacial pace at which the world at large is vaccinating its residents. It’d be absolutely hilarious and horrifying if the first variant to really defeat the current vaccines originated in the US.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

facialimpediment posted:

For now though, the vaccines that we have are absurdly effective. Out of 75 million fully vaccinated so far, the CDC is aware of 5,814 breakthrough infections.

https://twitter.com/DocJeffD/status/1383950294917160962

29% of those were asymptomatic, 7% hospitalized, 1% dead. Humans got profoundly lucky on the efficacy of these vaccines.

I think that the qualifier here is “for now though.” The pace of vaccination in the rest of the world is super slow with some countries not expected to reach a level comparable to the US until 2023. I am concerned that this could allow the virus to continue spreading and mutating as it interacts with people who have been vaccinated.

I just don’t think we’re out of the woods with this thing yet, and what’s happening in places like India and Bangladesh is pretty frightening.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Plywood is going back up on some of the storefronts in downtown DC. It first went up last spring following the BLM protests and the clashes with the Gestapo BORTAC and Bureau of Prisons goons that Trump had flown in, stayed up for most of the summer, came down briefly then went back up in anticipation of January 6, then started coming down a few weeks after the inauguration.

It must be a great and lucrative time to work in wholesale lumber.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Verdict is in- count 1 2nd degree guilty

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Rot in piss, pig

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

FrozenVent posted:

I’m suspicious of any head of state who stays in power for thirty years, I assume this guys was propped up by France et al?

Nothing happens in the Sahel without France being OK with it. Also it seems like it could have been something of a palace coup given that his son is taking power, and the military remains the dominant political faction. I doubt this is going to lead to rifts in the military or civil conflict.

Meanwhile

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1384678521478340609

Ah well, nevertheless. Would someone please pass the MRAP?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1384685201645780995

Not one single word of this is true.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

From the 30 seconds of the body cam footage that’s been released, you see Makiyah Brown winding up with a knife to stab the girl in the pink sweatshirt, who was standing there holding a small dog and seemingly not a threat to her, and also some dude kicking another person in the head. No one is saying Brown “deserved to die” but it’s a horrible situation that likely couldn’t have been resolved with a taser or pepper spray before pink shirt girl sustained a potentially lethal injury.

This is not to say that police use of force protocols aren’t totally hosed up or not in need revision at every level, or that policing in the US isn’t hosed up and in need of being dismantled and rebuilt entirely.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Proud Christian Mom posted:

boy propping up the Syrian resistance has sure worked wonders

The Syrian resistance has been dead since 2014-2015, when Assad traded territory for time and then used that time to deliberately target the militias that were made up of disgruntled Sunni conscripts and officers while letting ISIS and AQ types live long enough so he could say they were fighting a jihadist insurgency and make Russian involvement that more palatable. The current Free Syrian Army or whatever they’re calling themselves is a Turkish proxy of Islamists and mercenaries hired to do Erdogan’s bidding in Idlib and elsewhere, namely checking Kurdish autonomy.

Assad’s Mafia state will survive the war at the cost of Syrian national identity and at least a generation’s worth of ruined lives. The only bright spot would be if Syrian Kurds somehow got a state or autonomous territory out of the mess but I’m sure we’ll find a way to gently caress them raw and hard as we always do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1385581448363716608

Legit thought this was an Onion tweet until I actually read the garbage fire of an op-ed