Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Nothing nearly as bad as what push presses with that kind of form will do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

this is what's known as a 'slam dunk', right?

We had a President with a long history of sexual assault and misconduct accusations and association with a known child sex trafficker and sitting members of Congress who actively aided in a coup attempt and none have faced any consequences.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm more alarmed that the spending accelerated and tapping the line items saying "Ah well they bought file cabinets this time!" doesn't make me feel good about them having the spending power going forward

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Not spending, thank you for catching. Still alarming for all the reasons everyone has stated.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Where I'm at in Southern CA there are doses available at every location with appointments not being filled up. There is also no deviation from the mandates on who can get the jab despite surplus. So not everyone who wants it is getting it yet but that's a byproduct of red CA areas being crazy loving stupid.

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 6, 2021

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Ah yes the ok symbol which is definitely not a symbol for white supremacists at all

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

Bret Hart's autobiography is one of the most gutwrenching tragedies ever put to print, heavy reccomend.

This x1000

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

It's really cool there's a generation of human beings in entertainment who figured out they could substitute cocaine for a personality and here we are today with them still being around

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I would say it's as good as ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters blows

I usually agree with you in almost lock step but wowowowowow so very wrong in every way

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Stellar Curiosity posted:

So this is blowing up: (Carl Bildt, former PM, and former minister for foreign affairs of Sweden)
April 9th is also the anniversary of Nazi-Germany invading Denmark and Norway (and Vidkun Quisling seizing power in Norway).
https://twitter.com/carlbildt/status/1380469886007316484?s=20

He is also taking shots at the Finns in the comments.

In case he deletes it:

Must be nice being in a country where you and your neighbors have their poo poo together enough that this is what time can be put towards

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Liberal hippy vegan California once again trying to drag the rest of the country down to forced gender reassignment abortions. The Klan existed in Northern California in the late 90s, I don't know about now but white supremacist groups and strong racist sentiment have always been a thing in California. Orange County is one of the most blood red voting blocks in the nation, so big shocker this is being done there.

https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-west/public-safety/2021/04/10/police-gear-up-for--white-lives-matter--rally-in-oc

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Flying_Crab posted:

I don’t hate this idea. Small military branch (possibly a third strictly National Guard aligned branch for Title 32 v. Title 10 reasons?) fully under UCMJ that handles armed LE stuff only to the extent absolutely necessary such as violent felonies, active shooter situations, major event security, etc. but does not respond to calls that don’t ordinarily require an armed response. The FBI can stay in their current investigative/CI role. All other normal state/local LE duties are replaced by social/medical workers, parking checkers or unarmed state investigators. etc.

Now how do we do this with rotational duty so the people who actually want that responsibility and authority are excluded from it?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

It warms my heart that Jorge Masvidal is on the Trump Train. As a dude who came up bareknuckle fighting in backyards in Miami he appreciates that a total lack of services and opportunities will help kids grow up to be as successful as he's become!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1381742773368463365?s=21

Very boss

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Has 'we can't abolish police then the police would do crime' been sincerely floated as a take yet by the big brain havers?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Do you have any literature on which people are inherently not good? Maybe there's some handy metrics you could clue us in to

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/548443-pelosi-says-she-wont-bring-bill-to-expand-supreme-court-to-the-floor

on the scale of sarcastic clapping to ripping up a speech how boss is this? i'm sure that commission on whether it's a good idea or not will do great things. we definitely don't have a fuckton of evidence here and now that hey, the GOP is enacting insane fascist policy, why would we try and stop it via court packing? in nancy's defense she has been pretty busy lately what with doing insider trading on the microsoft/army deal a couple weeks back

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

pmchem posted:

yeah if you all wanna track various commodity metrics, this is a really convenient futures dashboard:
https://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=SOFTS&p=m1
https://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=GRAINS&p=m1
etc.

It's pretty fun because you can check this stuff out yet the fed says inflation is only at 4 or 5% right now

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

congrats on your wife's early menopause

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/1384199942068047872

Pretty cool how many people actually believe this bullshit.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Is murdered by racist cop a pre-existing condition?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Which is great because those types have an outsized amount of power and influence in the nation.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Ft. Hood, after having one of their female Soldiers murdered for the egregious affront of wanting to serve her nation and being in a culture that enables violent, misogynistic sociopaths, does the right thing
https://www.kcentv.com/video/news/l...c8-498814f2d69e

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

I'm with the Twitter Lefties on this one. Chauvin will be the right's "see, that's a bad cop, everyone else is good though" sacrificial case.

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexnbcnews/status/1384619869119918083?s=21

Yeah it's going to be the see that's a bad cop for the neoliberals in power too

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Oh word wonder if Biden and Kamala are going to get going on that police reform hmmm

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Shapiro sure is confident he won't be killed by the mob he continuously stokes. If only that confidence extended to arousing his wife

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/04/22/business/biden-taxes.amp.html

Surprising nobody health csre expansion was left out of stuff we can tax the rich to pay for

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Well she's a woman of color so good news lib Twitter will be saying you're a racist sexist for opposing this any minute

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

boop the snoot posted:

https://twitter.com/cnbc/status/1382780772474576903?s=21

Yeah and Apple didn’t sell a trillion dollars worth of poo poo last year either. Maybe this should be an indicator that the stock market is fraudulent from top to bothahahahaha never mind it’s working as intended.

Yesterday's tax proposal from Biden created a hellfire of rage from people with $900 in their Robinhood account and no health insurance. Apparently he's intentionally ruining the market and economy as evidenced by the stock market *checks notes* running to the upside out of control in spite of all logic that we're in a dumpster fire as a nation

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Flikken posted:

Who do you think the DNC wants to gently caress over more? The progressive wing of their party or the opposition?

well considering they're very often times trying to work with the opposition

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I don’t know poo poo about poo poo, but, I feel like a bit crash is coming. A lot of things seem to be going absurdly well, considering the pandemic—like there’s excess wealth circulating. Never mind the money printer being turned on for unemployment etc. Real estate has only gone up and up during the pandemic, which cannot be a good sign.

I heard someone describe it as the early 00s, just a lot of money going around, sort of calm before the storm

but, the gently caress do I know

The money printer was turned on for wall street. Unemoloyment money is a byproduct of keeping the train going for The Number.

I know you're grouping things together but let us never forget if not for the brave hedge funds and their corporate friends millions more would already be destitute

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

edit: I didn't read that graph right because I'm smoked from doing hours of ochem. current related event - i loving hate my life

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 28, 2021

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

PEDs aren't that big a deal when they're being used in low doses for specific therapeutic purposes under the supervision of a professional in people who are over 32 so yeah it's definitely not good how they're permeating youth sports. I remember kids in high school taking them and our football team was awful AND they skipped leg day. It was bad.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Local law enforcement IS the local jihadist militia, just for a different deity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

you can easily replicate that overview effect type thing by going somewhere quiet and dark at night and laying down and staring at the sky also take a dose or two of LSD first and also you might go a little crazy and get void madness